Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't forget to sing for Kyle in the 8th Minute.
Do they mean 8th, starting from 7:00, or 9th, starting from 8:00??

I'd also like to hear some protest chants against the lack of the HoT being signed.

Same with this FA Cup non-sense too.
"The magic has gone."
"The magic has gone."
"Boycott the FA CUP!"
"The magic has gone."

Something something, Premier League, something something, Greedy b@stards, something something, Sky sports.

Don't forget to sing for Kyle in the 8th Minute.
Do they mean 8th, starting from 7:00, or 9th, starting from 8:00??

I'd also like to hear some protest chants against the lack of the HoT being signed.

Same with this FA Cup non-sense too.
"The magic has gone."
"The magic has gone."
"Boycott the FA CUP!"
"The magic has gone."

Something something, Premier League, something something, Greedy b@stards, something something, Sky sports.

Song for Kyle absolutely fine but forget this FA Cup nonsense

If we are going to sing any other song it should be about saving the stadium

Let’s face it no new stadium …..no club
So the FA Cup is meaningless as we won’t have a club to enter it

My biggest concern for tonight is the same as Tuesday night. I was expecting Murphy to be closely marked on Tuesday and, sure enough, he had two defenders on him most of the match. That meant somebody else was not marked but we didn’t have a Plan B to make the most of that. I’m expecting Murphy to be similarly marked tonight. PLEASE can we have a Plan B?

Oxford United 1 - Stevenage 0.

Last edited:
I’m not one who has written him off, but McGuane can have no complaints if he is dropped from the squad again tonight (to make room for Stevens or Long on the bench if Moore is back). He was abject in his cameo on Tuesday night. A really disappointingly poor showing from him when you’d expect him to be incredibly fired up to make a point that the manager was wrong to leave him out for the last month.

We'll activate the one year option in the summer, before selling him. He's done here.

My biggest concern for tonight is the same as Tuesday night. I was expecting Murphy to be closely marked on Tuesday and, sure enough, he had two defenders on him most of the match. That meant somebody else was not marked but we didn’t have a Plan B to make the most of that. I’m expecting Murphy to be similarly marked tonight. PLEASE can we have a Plan B?

Oxford United 1 - Stevenage United 0.
Never heard of them. :ROFLMAO:

Oxford United 1 - Stevenage United 0.
Yes, I guess it was down to Rodrigues to find space and play balls through the middle but he didn’t do a lot.

I’m kind of dreading tonight - not because I feel we have to get into the playoffs, but because it’s suddenly within reach despite our mishaps

Stevenage have 6 points from their last 8 games, have dropped from playoffs to 9th and had their manager walk out with 2 games to go.

Of course any win is enough, but if we can't be confident going into this game then we may as well get ready for our summer holidays too.

We've seen the importance of getting the opening goal so hopefully we come out of the blocks strong and everyone has their shooting boots on. One goal may be enough but we ought to be looking at more and getting our swagger back.

Also worth noting that Stevenage's last game was a 2-1 defeat at home to Burton (yes, they had a player sent off after an hour, but they were already losing by then), one week after they were flattered to only lose 4-0 to us.

There's no excuses today - Lincoln were a solid but ugly side who are on a crazy run; this is a solid but ugly side that's been playing poorly and which has just been abandoned by their manager. If we can't win this one, there's not much point in us bothering with the playoffs!

And yes, this is the first literal must-win game of the season! Because if we don't, then the playoffs are no longer in our hands.

(also, Stevenage are actually not a complete squad of ogres.....most of their forwards are under six foot. But they do have one monster up front. Moore coming back to counter him would be helpful, but if he's not ready to go then I guess it will fall to Ciaron).

I remember a few years back when Sky cameras at Kassam meant an unreal Oxford/Kemar Roofe performance but now I dread them! Massive game tonight, don't care about the score, or particularly how we play, just really need 3 points. Want to see Moore back in if possible and hopefully a Plan B if Stevenage manage to stifle Murphy #COYY

I
Agreed, if Moore is fit, he has to play. We've missed him massively, not just in defence, but attacking set pieces too.
If Moore starts, I would play Long at RB and have Stevens on the bench, dropping McGuane from the squad rather than Smyth.
Brannagan too has to start, as you say, McEachran can't be expected to start 3 games in a week.

Other than that, same team as previous.

I don't think we have overly missed him given how well Long has played. Long is also more of a threat attacking set pieces, has Moore even scored this season?

Hard-fought but ultimately comfortable home win.

Lincoln to scrap their way to a 1-0 lead at Whaddon Road. But then, in the 96th minute (of just 5 added minutes) a hopeful punt upfield from Cheltenham (attacking the away end) is met with a poor headed connection from a thug of a Lincoln CB, that somehow spins off his gigantic dome and behind him.

Suddenly, Matty Taylor (playing off said brute's shoulder), peels away and is bearing down on goal. The Keeper (fresh from the two minutes it just took him to take a goal kick) commits early, sliding to the ground as Taylor lifts it over him - whereby is takes an eternity but nestles cutely in the back of the net for a crucial equaliser.

Matty streams away running alongside the away end with his fore-finger to his lips. He comes to stop at the corner flag, rips off his Cheltenham shirt and reveals a t-shirt on which he has hand-scrawled 'UP THE F*CKING OX' in marker pen. He stands, arms out-stretched, mobbed by his team-mates, as the Lincoln fans clamber over each other to scream obscenities at him as their play-off hopes lie in ruins.
Fantastic. Who needs sky/ifollow coverage?!

What does this VPN change involve doing exactly, step by step? I have a MacBook but is not something I’ve done before.
Opera browser has a fee vpn.

Apparently, if you are trying to use a vpnto watch iFollow you need to be registered with a foreign address, and I think you might also need to pay in a cuuency other than gbp.

I have no idea how it works for single matches

Back
Top Bottom