Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely we should be pushing more and have scored ,shocking penalty decision by the ref. I hope he makes up for it second half. But we've limped on for ages ,

How on Earth are we 1-0 behind, let alone not winning. Shocking decision not to award a penalty, really poor goal to concede, and Murphy overplaying everything rather than trying to keep it simple. Big 45 minutes to salvage the play-off place.

Reasonable first half but without anyone really shining. Chavenage are doubling up on Murphy, and one of their midfielders will get sent off for multiple fouls on him in the second half.

Goodrham and Long been ok, CamBran industrious but one decent free kick out of three attempts suggests he ought to leave them to someone else.

It should’ve been a penalty to us, not a clear & obvious one and I can see how both officials decided against it. They had one real attack where Leigh, Stevens and Goodrham (I think) should’ve put the ball into Row Z but the lad squirmed through. No blame on Long I feel.

Not sure what I’d do second half if I was Des. More of the same until Chavenage go down to 10. Maybe replace the seemingly absent RR with BB.

Big 45 coming up.

Lady luck has certainly deserted us hopefully she will come back for the second half.

We are what we are, but the refs have been as big a problem to us. As the opposition this week

Long, for all his efforts and passion is very much like a League One ref, he will make one major f**k up that’ll cost you.

We’ve actually controlled the game pretty well but look frightened of their front men when it’s played into them. Missing Mceachran big time. Tyler been our best player and he needs the ball more. Let Murphy run in behind, he’s coming far too deep and is being doubled up on.

Dale on for Browne at half time, we need to get further up the pitch, look so unbalanced

Reasonable first half but without anyone really shining. Chavenage are doubling up on Murphy, and one of their midfielders will get sent off for multiple fouls on him in the second half.

Goodrham and Long been ok, CamBran industrious but one decent free kick out of three attempts suggests he ought to leave them to someone else.

It should’ve been a penalty to us, not a clear & obvious one and I can see how both officials decided against it. They had one real attack where Leigh, Stevens and Goodrham (I think) should’ve put the ball into Row Z but the lad squirmed through. No blame on Long I feel.

Not sure what I’d do second half if I was Des. More of the same until Chavenage go down to 10. Maybe replace the seemingly absent RR with BB.

Big 45 coming up.
Not a clear and obvious pen? Are you serious? What game have you been watching. The most blatant pen you will ever see.

Sorry simply cannot see us scoring against a 10-man defence but f**k me these referee decisions over the last few days are absolutely killing us.
Really hope that I’m proved wrong and we find a way to score.

It should’ve been a penalty to us, not a clear & obvious one and I can see how both officials decided against it.

The fact that they gave a corner, when the keeper was absolutely nowhere near the ball, showed that they don't have a ****ing clue.

The only way it wasn't a pen is if you think that Browne was playing for it, initiating contact himself and making a meal of it (which I don't think was true but it was the only argument against it being a pen) - but in that case it was a goal kick.

They're just both blind and somehow decided that the keeper had played the ball

Back
Top Bottom