Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know we were careless tonight but 2 shocking penalty decisions in 2 different games have cost us big time this week.

The slightly iffy penalty we were awarded tonight did not even it up for the blatant one not given on Browne. Had we got the earlier one and put it away then we can manage the game and hit them on the break which is one of our strengths.

We could do with a Pompey win tomorrow, so 100 points is still on for them. I just can’t believe that there will not be one final twist.

The whole club just needs to have the mentality that a win against Exeter will be good enough for the playoffs. Focus on that positive mindset and you never know.

Credit to the fans, really good tonight.

Deeply disappointed with that but I think the results will go our way tomorrow and we’ll sneak into the playoffs next week , then we’ll go out for in the semi finals ,
We’re good but not quite good enough
Have a good summer everyone see you in Germany

100%

I'm just not sure how anyone can argue. It's been a huge turnaround from last season, but everything I've seen says we're just not quite good enough.

Yet.

Not a bad performance tonight considering that we are normally rubbish on tv but though we controlled the majority of the game we did not create many clear chances
On another note How did Sam long ever make it as s Professional footballer? He is not good enough( dont doubt his effort)
He has a touch of a donkey, no way good enough for a league footballer
No team can carry players like that if you want to go up a league with. players like him in the team
Far better players than him playing in the oxford senior league

I know we were careless tonight but 2 shocking penalty decisions in 2 different games have cost us big time this week.

The slightly iffy penalty we were awarded tonight did not even it up for the blatant one not given on Browne. Had we got the earlier one and put it away then we can manage the game and hit them on the break which is one of our strengths.

We could do with a Pompey win tomorrow, so 100 points is still on for them. I just can’t believe that there will not be one final twist.

The whole club just needs to have the mentality that a win against Exeter will be good enough for the playoffs. Focus on that positive mindset and you never know.

Credit to the fans, really good tonight.
Pompey won't do us any favours because there'll be a better chance of getting Cam, if we're still in this division.

Get your head out of the sand. Admit it, we were crap. We go on a run 4-0 Fleetwood. 4-0 Burton, 5-0 Posh. Then two home games against mediocre opposition, rather than instead of buzzing, and playing with confidence. They all s**t the bed.

They’ve bottled it, and we’ve missed our chance.

Now we have to rely on others helping us out, when we should be doing the business ourselves.

Again they s**t the bed.!
β€œBottled it” means lacking bravery. I didn’t see that tonight.

The fact that we only have one striker at the club who can play is a disgrace
Completely agree..

Harris must be running on fumes, a fit striker coming off the bench for last 30 tonight could have made the difference. Or Harris coming on the last 30 etc you get the gist..

That was a huge blunder by the club in the January and I think it has cost us.

Last edited:
Pompey won't do us any favours because there'll be a better chance of getting Cam, if we're still in this division.

Cam wouldn't get in Pompey's side this season let alone next season in the championship.

Let's hope Blackpool beat Barnsley and keep Barnsley in the mix
???????? If Barnsley beat Blackpool, then the Tangerines are out of it and it’s a straight fight between us and Lincoln. Barnsley are home to Northampton on the final day, let’s not be relying on that.

Do think Goodwin looked up to it last game he played, just a shocker he's not been fit. Would rather we bought someone longer term mind, so them the breaks.

Not a bad performance tonight considering that we are normally rubbish on tv but though we controlled the majority of the game we did not create many clear chances
On another note How did Sam long ever make it as s Professional footballer? He is not good enough( dont doubt his effort)
He has a touch of a donkey, no way good enough for a league footballer
No team can carry players like that if you want to go up a league with. players like him in the team
Far better players than him playing in the oxford senior league
Absolute nonsense. Did you go to school with him or something and he pulled the girl you fancied?

Back
Top Bottom