Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe so, but Mous knows all about him and could double his wages even as a squad player.

Cam isn't going to move to just be a squad player and I doubt Pompey would pay a midfielder 24k a week to be one either.

We could sneak in but we never get the measure of these types of teams. Stevenage defended well and have done all season. Until we learn how to undo the likes of Wycombe, Lincoln and Stevenage we will struggle to continue our success.
Very disappointed that despite playing reasonably well the last couple of games we pick up a solitary point and have a dodgy referee two games running. The referee failed to stamp his authority on the game and let challenges go that should have been carded. We just have to pray Lincoln lose tomorrow and Barnsley and Blackpool share points.
I think Portsmouth will win their last game, but then it is down to us to win at Exeter City

Just walked the dogs and calmed down. We were unlucky and you never know with football with the results tomorrow. We would have taken this after last year. If we don't get in the play offs though we will certainly feel we have blown a chance. So here's still hoping ,we have got the core of a good team ,and what ever happens there will be quite a few players leaving . Every thing crossed for tomorrow that we still have a chance going into next week.

Completely agree..

Harris must be running on fumes, a fit striker coming off the bench for last 30 tonight could have made the difference. Or Harris comibg on the last 49 etc, you get the gist..

That was a huge blunder by the club in the January and I think it has cost us.
And a bigger mistake in September

Just walked the dogs and calmed down. We were unlucky and you never know with football with the results tomorrow. We would have taken this after last year. If we don't get in the play offs though we will certainly feel we have blown a chance. So here's still hoping ,we have got the core of a good team ,and what ever happens there will be quite a few players leaving . Every thing crossed for tomorrow that we still have a chance going into next week.
Yep, some perspective needed. I was at Forest Green for the penultimate game last year where 3 very late goals for Barnsley at MK stopped our relegation - yes RELEGATION - battle from going to the final day.

Really felt sorry for the players tonight. They've given everything over three game in six days. Fatigue and a lack of quality in the box when it mattered did for us.
Yep the January window is costing us. Harris running on empty and no impact players like a Burey or Edwardโ€™s to give a lift. How different would we be with a full squad to call on

Absolute nonsense. Did you go to school with him or something and he pulled the girl you fancied?
Sorry but if you think he is good enough for league 1 football I think your kidding yourself, He has been very lucky to get a career in football with his limited ability( dont doubt his effort but that does not make him a footballer)

Yep, some perspective needed. I was at Forest Green for the penultimate game last year where 3 very late goals for Barnsley at MK stopped our relegation - yes RELEGATION - battle from going to the final day.

Good job too as we lost against already relegated Accrington in the final game.

I'm not worrying about tomorrow as we still have to beat Exeter next Saturday and I can't see us doing that as they're on a decent run themselves.

Yes I know itโ€™s better than last year, I reckon itโ€™s a no bad thing not going up, we canโ€™t handle the big teams up there anyways, as for Des he has to go, I think he has no idea what to do, we should beat these teams all day every day, with his logic he canโ€™t win, shame but he has to go.

I just cannot understand why Des took off Tyler and Ruben. For me, it was a matter of time before we'd score the 2nd. Henry and Bodin are good to come on when the games won. We were so much worse and Greg was lost with the new formation.

There is the problem. Too many passengers in this squad.

So many of our players are inconsistent.

Yes I know itโ€™s better than last year, I reckon itโ€™s a no bad thing not going up, we canโ€™t handle the big teams up there anyways, as for Des he has to go, I think he has no idea what to do, we should beat these teams all day every day, with his logic he canโ€™t win, shame but he has to go.
Unfortunately three good results render any judgement on Des void I'm afraid.

Although frustrating at times I enjoyed this evening, what an atmosphere, the east, north and at times south all making a noise and together.

???????? If Barnsley beat Blackpool, then the Tangerines are out of it and itโ€™s a straight fight between us and Lincoln. Barnsley are home to Northampton on the final day, letโ€™s not be relying on that.
Barnsley are on a shite run of form would rather have them in it on the last day of the season. Even if Blackpool win tomorrow a win on the last day and we will finish above to them.

Back
Top Bottom