Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harvey white would do a number for us, real shame to see him in a non football environment

Last edited:
If Lincoln lose and Blackpool win that means both teams can still catch us as well as BArnsley still being above us..
See what I mean, given Lincoln won, we now have two teams we can catch which is a better scenario than just having Lincoln. We need Pompey to turn up from the beach and/or we win by about ten!

See what I mean, given Lincoln won, we now have two teams we can catch which is a better scenario than just having Lincoln. We need Pompey to turn up from the beach and/or we win by about ten!
If we had beaten Stevenage we would have still required to win at Exeter, after today's results.

Be it now. not in our own hand.

If we had beaten Stevenage we would have still required to win at Exeter, after today's results.

Be it now. not in our own hand.
Yes. It's such a shame, we would not have had had to rely on others but that is where we find ourselves unfortunately.

I think we will all be ruing the penalty not given at Oxford v Lincoln. Instead of being level pegging it would’ve been three points ahead

But there’s 3 teams that can catch us or stay ahead as Blackpool won.

I think we will all be ruing the penalty not given at Oxford v Lincoln. Instead of being level pegging it would’ve been three points ahead
Not sure you can define a whole season on one incident.

I won't start calling out individual forumites, but please can everyone get it into their heads that we played 3 games in 7 (seven) days, NOT 6. Count on your fingers if you have to. Looking forward to replies telling me Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday is 3 games in a week. 😂

Not sure you can define a whole season on one incident.
My incident is Rodrigues shooting well over with the goal gaping at Cheltenham in Des' first game. I think we would have got something as they were wobbling. That would have done wonders for the morale of players and fans under the new manager rather than the start of his tenure being so flat on and off the pitch.

My incident is Rodrigues shooting well over with the goal gaping at Cheltenham in Des' first game. I think we would have got something as they were wobbling. That would have done wonders for the morale of players and fans under the new manager rather than the start of his tenure being so flat on and off the pitch.
Nope, balloons at the home games, just not enough of them🤣

Still have in my head Des should go, buys a player who scores once and gives up, has McGuane who gives up, has Leigh who gives up, has Rodrigues and gives up.

No not for me.

Stevenage had so many Thompson’s on the pitch at the end that it may have slipped by that one of them was that scummer reject Nathan.

Has anyone got any video of the Browne penalty from various angles that they had on Sky? Can’t believe they didn’t show it in the Sky highlights!!

it was stonewall and sky punditry team agreed. They were surprised our players didn’t protest more.

But sorry I don’t have it

Set pieces are an absolutely critical thing to be looked at in the summer and not just for the typical reasons but because of how we now play.

Des wants fast aggressive wingers who take on their full back every time they get the ball… Rodrigues and Goodrham are now doing it more also. So where’s the deterrent for the opponent to kick them over all game if we can’t put in a decent dead ball?

We need to target being in the top 2 or 3 sides in set plays next year because we will be kicked around a huge amount otherwise and I’d imagine we’ll make a fair few fouls to prevent counters as we often overcommit. It’s a must that we sort this out and recruit with it in mind.
Yes this is true. Murphy and Browne are fouled a lot and win a lot of corners, we need to turn that to our advantage rather than just giving the opposition a chance to get organized and catch the ball.

Another complete h

Another complete head wobble of a post...
How about the worst player on the whole pitch last night was in fact Jamie Cumming, he is unfortunately very poor on the ball, he lacks confidence & as the Scout I was sitting next to last night said 'League 2 at best', he couldn't believe he was on CFC's books.. He will certainly have a good career but at what level I'm not sure..
I see the Stevens hate is out again too, strange that... Maybe get your facts right:
Awful first touch - He's probably the best technical player at the Club
At fault for their goal - He was nowhere the left hand side, he was defending at the back post when the cross came in
You gave Sam Long a 6.5 when scores an own goal (he didn't need to lean into it) & then you give Ruben a 5 when he wins us the penalty?
How about some positivity across the board going forward, we're probably going to come up short but it hasn't been for the sake of trying, nearly all of the players last night were running on empty too, x3 games in x6 days is outrageous imo..
Rant over.
Hi. Disagree with most of your own analysis.

Cumming didn’t have an outstanding game but his pass completion rate was 78%. Stevens & Long had identical touch stats (99 touches each) and pass completion rate (83%).

What I can’t show on here (because I’m not IT savvy enough) is a compilation of Stevens’ very poor first touches. But that’s what I saw and that’s what the assistant manager of another League One club (who I was sat next to, watching the game on Sky) opined also.

On Long’s OG - he did exactly what his manager & coaches would’ve expected and asked of him - lean into the ball keeping your arms into your body, and try to make the block without conceding a handball. He was unfortunate to deflect the ball in. But it was Stevens’ job to have been in position to close down the cross (as you say, he wasn’t and was out of position) plus a better punch from Cumming would’ve helped also.

Back
Top Bottom