Fan's View 1st Game - Thank you.

I’m going to ruin this one now and say I won’t be getting 3 season tickets. I’d love it but my wife and probably the boys wouldn’t like it. Reality is that they like doing lots of things as a family on a Saturday and I love spending time with them more than spending it with you lot. If the club could think of ways to make my (ours now) projected 3-4 games a season to 6- 8 that could work. It always seems a little “season ticket or pay on the door” to me and that just doesn’t work anymore. It would be great if the club could consider something more flexible with the ticketing……. Just a thought.
That hasn't ruined it! A lot of people are in a similar boat, despite what you may read on here a lot of people have other things in their life apart from OUFC.

There will always be the die hards who go every week regardless. But as a club and supporter base we need to find a way of converting those 1 or 2 games a season fans to the 6 to 8 games a season fan etc.

Cheers for sharing your positive experience from yesterday.

I’m going to ruin this one now and say I won’t be getting 3 season tickets. I’d love it but my wife and probably the boys wouldn’t like it. Reality is that they like doing lots of things as a family on a Saturday and I love spending time with them more than spending it with you lot. If the club could think of ways to make my (ours now) projected 3-4 games a season to 6- 8 that could work. It always seems a little “season ticket or pay on the door” to me and that just doesn’t work anymore. It would be great if the club could consider something more flexible with the ticketing……. Just a thought.

Not ruined, it highlights a reality that under normal circumstances families are priced out of the game.

The campaign around "Twenty is plenty" seems to have died a feckless death as clubs start pushing towards £30 and it won`t be long until its more.

The “been on a course” marketing experts will tell us that midweek football kids for a quid is the way forward. Despite kids having to go to school in the morning.

We can only have four promos a season. Pick and choose carefully.
Not Boxing Day or New Year’s Day.
As they will be popular anyway.

We've just had a successful promotion of the Morecambe game. Next week sees us reduce prices for the FA Cup game against Bristol Rovers. Then we have Fleetwood on a Tuesday night, Rotherham at the end of the month, Doncaster midweek, Wigan the weekend before Christmas and Wimbledon the Wednesday night after Christmas.

So with the two Saturday games left this calendar year being fairly attractive games, there isn't the need to rush into another discounted game just yet.

Into the new year we have Cheltenham New Year's Day followed by Sheffield Wednesday in January before Portsmouth, Bolton and Cambridge in February.

My suggestion would be to look at Bolton or Cambridge being the next game to discount, with maybe the Wimbledon night game between Christmas and New Year as another that we could push, maybe as a double deal with Cheltenham on New Year's Day.

I don't think that we need to panic and offer wholesale discounts. But marketing to those who attended Saturday along with continued positive results on the pitch and we can start to see crowd figures rising.

We've just had a successful promotion of the Morecambe game. Next week sees us reduce prices for the FA Cup game against Bristol Rovers. Then we have Fleetwood on a Tuesday night, Rotherham at the end of the month, Doncaster midweek, Wigan the weekend before Christmas and Wimbledon the Wednesday night after Christmas.

So with the two Saturday games left this calendar year being fairly attractive games, there isn't the need to rush into another discounted game just yet.

Into the new year we have Cheltenham New Year's Day followed by Sheffield Wednesday in January before Portsmouth, Bolton and Cambridge in February.

My suggestion would be to look at Bolton or Cambridge being the next game to discount, with maybe the Wimbledon night game between Christmas and New Year as another that we could push, maybe as a double deal with Cheltenham on New Year's Day.

I don't think that we need to panic and offer wholesale discounts. But marketing to those who attended Saturday along with continued positive results on the pitch and we can start to see crowd figures rising.
Doncaster is away. Our home game v Donny is the last day of season.
Hopefully Wimbledon will be a good attendance as it is our festive home game, a lot people off work for the week.
Some big home games in the New Year, Sheff Wed, Pompey, Bolton, Ipswich (all ex Premiership teams). If we are still in promotion hunt hopefully these home games will be full house.
Wigan, home, last Saturday before Christmas - eek, brings back some bad memories!!

I agree except the Fleetwood game. Midweek in term time is always going to be hard to attract families so what the club could of done is the kids for a quid offer, the Wimbledon game is in half term so should be more attend anyways.

I agree except the Fleetwood game. Midweek in term time is always going to be hard to attract families so what the club could of done is the kids for a quid offer, the Wimbledon game is in half term so should be more attend anyways.
Midweek games are hard to attract kids, and I'm not sure a discounted rate would make much difference. How old are your kids?

Midweek games are hard to attract kids, and I'm not sure a discounted rate would make much difference. How old are your kids?

I've got one at 9. We have attended a few midweek games in the past but a cold winters night playing fleetwood isn't grabbing me at full price.

The “been on a course” marketing experts will tell us that midweek football kids for a quid is the way forward. Despite kids having to go to school in the morning.

We can only have four promos a season. Pick and choose carefully.
Not Boxing Day or New Year’s Day.
As they will be popular anyway.

Fleetwood - make it a 7.00pm kick off - kids for a quid. :)

I've got one at 9. We have attended a few midweek games in the past but a cold winters night playing fleetwood isn't grabbing me at full price.

If you're both members you could both attend for £23 in the family stand which is cheaper than a regular adult ticket alone for the North or South Stands.

We have Essex constantly talking about kids for a quid but the deals are there already. They may not suit everyone of course, but maybe worth it if you go up to a few games already.

If you're both members you could both attend for £23 in the family stand which is cheaper than a regular adult ticket alone for the North or South Stands.

We have Essex constantly talking about kids for a quid but the deals are there already. They may not suit everyone of course, but maybe worth it if you go up to a few games already.

Yes I understand there are currently deals available and it's only this year that my son has taking a liking to watching football and wanting to attend more often. Next year we will probably buy a season ticket and attend every game as he has caught the bug now. I've just found out about that flex ticket of 6 games which is decent value but the club need to promote that more on social media as I missed it when it was announced.

Only reason I say the club should go down the route of the kid for a quid is that I could possibly take up to 3 of his mates and get them interested in Oxford aswell.

That’s a start

Not ruined, it highlights a reality that under normal circumstances families are priced out of the game.

The campaign around "Twenty is plenty" seems to have died a feckless death as clubs start pushing towards £30 and it won`t be long until its more.
Cheltenham wasn’t cheap

Don't know if I should mention this here BUT a junior kit for my grandson aged nearly 6 years old totalled £63.00, as a season ticket holder I had a saving of £13.50 so it was a total just shy of £50.00. This is, in my opinion, a ridiculous price for a child's replica kit. I believe in the club making money BUT this is an exorbitant amount. We talk about encouraging children to attend matches and become supporters but it does come at a cost.

Don't know if I should mention this here BUT a junior kit for my grandson aged nearly 6 years old totalled £63.00, as a season ticket holder I had a saving of £13.50 so it was a total just shy of £50.00. This is, in my opinion, a ridiculous price for a child's replica kit. I believe in the club making money BUT this is an exorbitant amount. We talk about encouraging children to attend matches and become supporters but it does come at a cost.
Bought our grandson a Man City top when he was 8 £59 now that’s a rip off

The club could atleast do a discount if you buy the shirt, shorts and socks all together. I bought my sons last seasons kit when it was in the sale and was half price but I do agree the kids stuff needs to be cheaper.

I've just gone from my little one being able to get a mini kit and my eldest in a junior shirt, both at £35 each. Now little one only get the shirt for the same money, and it's an extra tenner for the eldest shirt. Neither are getting shorts and socks as that would add another £56 to the bill.

Sadly there will be little profit margin available for the club to do too much with the prices, but there's nothing better than seeing Oxford colours being worn around the county to attract more interest. Maybe with Christmas coming up there could be a package that includes free tickets for the Wimbledon game with every shirt purchase or something to help offset some of the costs to parents/grand parents.

...then a lot of working people won't be able to get there on time. Would be counterproductive.

Course they would....... finish at 5.00pm, just log off as most of the world is WFH, to the chippy, to the game with the kids. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom