General 2023/24 - Kit Launch

Can't believe we have another month before the third kit is available to buy. Really not sure why there is a huge delay - I get they want to stagger the shirt releases but it seems every year now, the away and third shirts have some sort of delay which either extends to the start of the season or weeks into it. There's not many opportunities to wear shirts before winter hits so if they are available (I believe they have been shipped and received) just launch them now without some extreme PR event.
You might get lucky and find someone on here who knows the answer but if not, why not ask the club?

You might get lucky and find someone on here who knows the answer but if not, why not ask the club?
Yeah, why can't he just ring up the marketing chap, or meet Tim Williams for a pint to discuss it?

'Ask the club' is used to deflect criticism, knowing full well that it's not simple to do so, and a proper answer won't be given.

I suppose he should have asked at last weeks Fans Forum...

Yeah, why can't he just ring up the marketing chap, or meet Tim Williams for a pint to discuss it?

'Ask the club' is used to deflect criticism, knowing full well that it's not simple to do so, and a proper answer won't be given.

I suppose he should have asked at last weeks Fans Forum...

There were loads of posts complaining about the delayed introduction of the direct debit scheme for season tickets. I emailed Adam Benson to ask for an update and received a reply within the hour despite him being at a conference. The following day a club announcement was made to say that it was fine tuning the process ahead of a formal accouncement a few days later.

So 'ask the club' was simple to do and a proper answer was given.

I appreciate the frustration about the lack of a fans forum, but that doesn't mean that no one cares or that there aren't avenues for questions to be put forward.

There were loads of posts complaining about the delayed introduction of the direct debit scheme for season tickets. I emailed Adam Benson to ask for an update and received a reply within the hour despite him being at a conference. The following day a club announcement was made to say that it was fine tuning the process ahead of a formal accouncement a few days later.

So 'ask the club' was simple to do and a proper answer was given.

I appreciate the frustration about the lack of a fans forum, but that doesn't mean that no one cares or that there aren't avenues for questions to be put forward.

What about those of us who don’t have internet access?

I have nothing against green kits, in fact I'd love a British Racing Green kit as a nod to Oxford's motor manufacturing heritage.

Here's what the kit looks like on normal people!

Screenshot_20230708_121720_Instagram.jpg

• React
Reactions: m
I'm just not sure if I can be bothered to be honest and I am at the stage now where I just have to accept their decisions especially as they've had more than enough time and got plenty of experience with these sorts of things. In the last couple of years I've contacted them about kit supply issues with fans being left in the dark, plus I helped identify several conceptual and technical issues that could be problematic with e-season tickets, so with all that done previous, I'm not sure if I can be arsed to pester them again.

I'm an old fat grandad, and I'm thinking I may actually look acceptable in this kit. It's a YES from me.

It stands for 'Bangkok Glass' - happy to have helped.
The point he's making is that you can't even really even buy it in the UK and no one outside of Oxford fans will know what it means, which makes it seem even more silly the letters are so big.

The size or the sponsor isn't the issue for me anyway it's having two shades of yellow on the same shirt. But I don't think I'll know from a distance.

The point he's making is that you can't even really even buy it in the UK and no one outside of Oxford fans will know what it means, which makes it seem even more silly the letters are so big.

The size or the sponsor isn't the issue for me anyway it's having two shades of yellow on the same shirt. But I don't think I'll know from a distance.
Two shades of yellow hope it doesn't cause you sleepless nights.

Back
Top Bottom