Matches 2023-24 Pre-Season Friendlies

Might have gone slightly unnoticed but Eastwood hasn’t played a minute of pre season yet and not on the bench tonight either.

I think McGinty will be number 2 this year and Eastwood will either get paid off or loaned out.

Might have gone slightly unnoticed but Eastwood hasn’t played a minute of pre season yet and not on the bench tonight either.

I think McGinty will be number 2 this year and Eastwood will either get paid off or loaned out.
He had a slight injury according to Manning.

Or, we all know everything about Eastwood, this is a chance to look at the other two?

Or, we all know everything about Eastwood, this is a chance to look at the other two?
Or, Manning was indeed really unhappy with (alarmed by) the goalkeeping situation, which is why he’s signed a new Number One and changed the goalkeeper coach, meaning that Eastwood is actually in the process of being fired out of a cannon and into Farmoor Reservoir.

Or, Manning was indeed really unhappy with (alarmed by) the goalkeeping situation, which is why he’s signed a new Number One and changed the goalkeeper coach, meaning that Eastwood is actually in the process of being fired out of a cannon and into Farmoor Reservoir.
At this point in preseason anything is possible Brian

There's no way that Eastwood will be paid off. He has been involved throughout pre-season but has a slight injury that is meaning that he won't be risked at this stage. We started last season with all three keepers on the books before Stevens was loaned out a game or two into the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the three going out later in the window and still think that it's more likely that McGinty is the one to go.

I doubt Manning is the slightest bit disappointed to have Eastwood parked while we look at the other two, as if he needed another excuse to do so.

I suspect the dilemma is whether to keep McGinty here selfishly knowing he won’t progress or whether you loan him out and risk a run of games in Eastwood’s slippery mitts if Beadle ends up with a problem.

We really need McGinty to show himself as the heir to the throne but he isn’t going to do that warming Beadle up before games.

There's no way that Eastwood will be paid off. He has been involved throughout pre-season but has a slight injury that is meaning that he won't be risked at this stage. We started last season with all three keepers on the books before Stevens was loaned out a game or two into the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the three going out later in the window and still think that it's more likely that McGinty is the one to go.
You are an admirable defender of Eastwood, but he really is not a good enough keeper for a team with our ambitions. OK, he (latterly) made a few important saves, but he was responsible/partly responsible for a large number of the goals we conceded last year, and he clearly made the back four jittery with his ability to concede soft goals from a distance and his inability to control a moving ball on the pitch. The sooner he follows that useless goalkeeping coach the better.

I have to say I’ve missed listening to Radio Oxford’s commentary.

Ask me again at the end of August and I’m sure it will be a very different answer but it’s nice to have some football back.

Tyler looks very sharp. Harris could be a good signing but I can’t see him scoring 20 goals.
Early days though

As has been noted Harris is on catch up for minutes so prob not so match fit/sharp we hope

Back
Top Bottom