Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

Josh saying in the OM that he's very happy and settled here, and would love to stay

View attachment 19281
They’re massive games, and I want to get this club promoted, so that’s where my head is at, at the moment.

“I’d love to stay. I think everyone can see I’m very settled here. I love the boys and it’s a great bunch of lads here.

“We’re very close together here, so obviously I want to stay. We just need to get everything over the line.”

I’m assuming from his comments he’d like to stay but does over the line mean he’d only stay if we get promoted?

I thought he came across really well in his Radio Oxford interview after the game. Seems like a genuinely nice, humble guy. Good player too! Has been instrumental in getting us into the playoffs and I think it’s fair to say we couldn’t have done it without him…

They’re massive games, and I want to get this club promoted, so that’s where my head is at, at the moment.

“I’d love to stay. I think everyone can see I’m very settled here. I love the boys and it’s a great bunch of lads here.

“We’re very close together here, so obviously I want to stay. We just need to get everything over the line.”

I’m assuming from his comments he’d like to stay but does over the line mean he’d only stay if we get promoted?
I thought it means that it would help but it depends what the offer on the table is, and what other offers come in.

But I thought that moment when Des interrupted him on his video to the fans was hopeful - it showed the genuine warmth between them (and that all parties wanted a video out there where the coach asks the player to stay)

I would think so.
If we go up I reckon he will stay.
If not and he gets a good offer from a Championship side....

I thought it means that it would help but it depends what the offer on the table is, and what other offers come in.

But I thought that moment when Des interrupted him on his video to the fans was hopeful - it showed the genuine warmth between them (and that all parties wanted a video out there where the coach asks the player to stay)
At least Des gave him the chance to play

I can imagine his agent listening to that head in hands!

I can imagine his agent listening to that head in hands!

Maybe his agent is still licking his lips at the deal that took Murphy to Cardiff and was worried that 6 months ago, neither of them would get another pay day.

Now he has a club that pays well looking to give his client a deal that would see him get a signing on fee and a 2 year (+1) deal with barely any work and a very happy client.

Bloody love the man and really hope he stays. Honestly also feel a bit like… he’s had a good half a season after a few years of pretty average stuff and a really calamitous time at Oxford before Christmas. Would a Champ club really be interested given the potential risk?

I live in the north east and there’s strong rumour Sunderland want him. He’s from Birtley which is Gateshead way. Although Sunderland only usually buy foreign kids nobody’s heard of because there crap these days. So who knows

If we don’t go up I’d be surprised if he stayed.

However he’s got burnt in the past so I think he’ll be looking very carefully at the manager and style of football at any new club.

I could see him going to Swansea.

Bloody love the man and really hope he stays. Honestly also feel a bit like… he’s had a good half a season after a few years of pretty average stuff and a really calamitous time at Oxford before Christmas. Would a Champ club really be interested given the potential risk?
Yes

I thought the Murphy twins were from Norfolk. Wikipedia has them born in Wembley.

Who knows whether it would be good for him (or Jacob) to be twins with one playing for Newcastle and the other for Sunderland - but it would be a lot of extra pressure
Born in Wembley lived in birtley until they signed for Norwich then move to norfolk

Back
Top Bottom