Away Match Day Thread +++ 26/12/2017 Gillingham v OUFC match day thread +++

Anyone any idea why so particularly pissed off at the ref at the final whistle..?

In the context of our expectations (there's that word again), conceding an equaliser with five minutes to go is disappointing.
That said, not 72 hours ago we had seven put past us at home. Within that context, any points at all are welcome.
And I say that also with my doubts about the manager...

We need a head coach (manager) that knows the basics, like defending a set piece.

9 points, have been dropped from a winning position this season after the 80th minute in a game. Bradford, Rotherham,Shrewsbury and now Gillingham. We were beating all of these in the 80th minute and the games ended as a draw. PEP needs to sort this out, because as shite as we are we would be 6th at the moment. It all comes down to PEP's backline not being disciplined and too old and can't keep up for the 90 minutes.

The Gillingham player who won the first header from the corner was being marked by.....

Jack Payne.

Shocking goal to concede!

Well all I can say is point or not we f*****g blew it. No doubt we will lose on Saturday Pep sacked on Sunday Chrissie and Faz caretaker managers. A big clear out by Monday and by 3 pm Monday us fans haven't a clue who is on the pitch wearing yellow but somehow we stuff the franchise and were still waiting to see the line up as the people reporting the game don't have a clue either, Jerome and Nathan are keeping calm but Nick Harris is just saying any name that comes into his head.

We retained the point we started with but didn’t gain the two extra we were looking for. Or something like that . Big week now folllows. Will we trust pep with spending money, will we have new owners, will our best player leave.

Best player will be gone the question is will Eales put his hand in his pocket

Not sure how much blame you can lay at Pep's door today. Went for it with an attacking lineup. We missed some chances, namely Thomas trying to chip the keeper? And an individual errors cost us from a set piece, he can't go out and mark them himself. IF and it's a big if we get a result at Bradford, we will have got exactly what I expected from the X-mas period. 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat. Not necessarily against who I predicted but hey ho ho ho

Also, lets not forget our goal was a wild shot heading for the corner flag which was deflected in.

Wes fluffed a good chance and Rothwell had a long range effort saved. Not much else created.

Saying that Gillingham created very little too, deserved their goal from the corner though. Spotted Payne marking one of their taller players.

Draw a fair result. Don't think we should be pleased by that performance though

at least we scored first but where are our dangerous players???

Payne marking their tallest player for a corner? The bloke shouldn't be near the box let a long marking someone. PEP needs to give up with this everybody back and pick up a man techinique, Zonal and Man Mark mixture that he has us doing at corners, and keep it simple 8 men defending a set piece, 2 on edge of the box and one up front.

How very uninspiring. Glad of the point, but another performance full of individual mistakes. If we were playing against a better team we would have been punished.

Again clot shows he has the ability to pull a draw from the jaws of victory. Why cannot we defend, and hold onto a simple lead.

Surely that shows slippery he has to go.

Scrappy game, not much quality at all. Thomas should have scored when he was one on one to make it 2-0. Unfortunately he didn't and then we concede a poor goal. Not sure if it was even a corner. Players complained to the ref when it was awarded, after the goal and also at the end.

I would love to see him get really pissed off and angry. Just once to show he actually cares. I'm normally supportive of managers but I'm losing faith rapidly

Back
Top Bottom