Away Match Day Thread 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that sums it up pretty well. It was always probably a step too far to get into the playoffs with this squad, but not helped by a manager that seems stuck on chapter one of the MCG football managers manual! I.e. Chapter One: Pass it out from the back! If only he’d read the rest of the manual about movement, ball playing centre halves and full backs, mixing the pace and angles of attack, set up and how to press, etc. I rate Moore, but how many times did it go back to him and Brown, one passes it to the other, who inevitably pass it to the full back on their side (I only saw 40 mins and felt like they did this half the game I saw). Talk about predictable and subsequently easy to defend. The rare occasions the centre halves went forward it ended up in their keepers hands after a poor pass and or running out of ideas and options!

Buckingham is sadly carrying on from Robinson in terms of taking this club downwards at a frightening rate, due in his case to a lack of managerial ability. I hate watching his team, the football is a dreadful snorefest (notwithstanding his points tally), and I’m coming to the conclusion he has to go sooner rather than later. That’s before others start to feel the same way as I do and can’t be bothered to waste their time watching this s**t!
Too many players that got us to 2nd got injured as the season wore on. Backed up by players that aren’t good enough. After some of them returned, along with the Jan window, we never improved, that’s when I decided the manager isn’t good enough

RR has been s**t for months now.

He’s the biggest/most expensive luxury of the last 3/4 years. The bloke is a joke.
Agree but doesn’t mean he’s not talented.
That’s why I put him last because agree it’s debatable certainly regarding his application. Probably with the right coach and system he’d be effective

Agree but doesn’t mean he’s not talented.
That’s why I put him last because agree it’s debatable certainly regarding his application. Probably with the right coach and system he’d be effective
Interesting, in his 3/4 years here he has had 3 managers and a caretaker manger, yet, he’s still not managed to string a consistent season together.

For a pretty ‘safe’ midfielder, I think he’s been bang average over the course of his contract.

Interesting, in his 3/4 years here he has had 3 managers and a caretaker manger, yet, he’s still not managed to string a consistent season together.

For a pretty ‘safe’ midfielder, I think he’s been bang average over the course of his contract.
Wait RR has only been with us for a season?

I’m thinking he’s been bombed out. Was taken off at half time v Bolton and not been included since.
Pretty sure he travelled as the spare man and was on the pitch warming up before the game. Looked like he and Thorniley were involved with playing balls into the back four during a drill.

Partly yes but a good coach can change that as shown & make him a very good player for the football club.

So what you’re saying, is that MM needs at least 4 attempts to string a consistently good season together?

It’s clear over his time here that he hasn’t managed it to date. Is that on the club or the player? And, who do you support - player or football club?

So what you’re saying, is that MM needs at least 4 attempts to string a consistently good season together?

It’s clear over his time here that he hasn’t managed it to date. Is that on the club or the player? And, who do you support - player or football club?
He’s just one of the many mediocre players at this level. They are average league one players, either due to dodgy attitude, skill, fitness or consistency.

I’m saying there is a reason MM is a league one footballer.

He’s got flaws but it was proven over a decent period with the right coaching he can be turned in to a top league one midfielder.

I think there is a good player in there, an asset for this club however it will require a good manager to unlock it. He’s only played 100 or so senior games. Compare that to Brannagan who’s at 250.

Just catching up been working all day then went on the P**s.
Here comes my summary.
YESSSSS
FFS b****r
Oh at least we got a point
Ffs ref was s**t
Have we signed a striker yet?
Have I missed anything?

Back
Top Bottom