3 Point Pledge

Fingers crossed.
There's no plan as such. About six years ago a PR train came along the line, full of dignitaries, and stopped at a station made of scaffolding. It was presented as a proof of concept and since then..... tumbleweed.

The best you could say about it is that a lot of people with no money or decision making power think it's a great idea (myself included). That's all. It's not on any long term plans or strategies as far as I know.

There's no plan as such. About six years ago a PR train came along the line, full of dignitaries, and stopped at a station made of scaffolding. It was presented as a proof of concept and since then..... tumbleweed.

The best you could say about it is that a lot of people with no money or decision making power think it's a great idea (myself included). That's all. It's not on any long term plans or strategies as far as I know.

Similarly, I've got the impression that Network Rail aren't interested in re-opening Grove/Wantage despite a lot of local will.

Shame.

How is this going? Can you say or is there to be a reveal at some point?
To use a gardening analogy, I don't want to be pulling up the plant to examine the roots at this stage. Right now we just want to maximise the response, so if anyone on here hasn't done it, please do so.

We'll close it and write it up for a reveal fairly soon. As well as the headline responses there's a good amount of (anonymised) info from fans about their travel plans, which will usefully feed into discussions of options.

I hadn’t signed it (due to being a remote exile), but having just spent a week in Kidlington and getting to Grenoble Rd twice I felt a bit more entitled to opine in the text box :)

I do think the club and the fan base will have to put their money where their mouth is. If a year after moving to the triangle, kidlingtonites are complaining about traffic, parking etc then we will not look good.

I realise that’s all easy for me to say - a flight from Perth is hardly carbon neutral even if I leave the car at home!

I'll be cycling to the new stadium, unless the weather's really, really bad, in which case it'll be a bus to the city centre and another bus to the ground

I hadn’t signed it (due to being a remote exile), but having just spent a week in Kidlington and getting to Grenoble Rd twice I felt a bit more entitled to opine in the text box :)

I do think the club and the fan base will have to put their money where their mouth is. If a year after moving to the triangle, kidlingtonites are complaining about traffic, parking etc then we will not look good.

I realise that’s all easy for me to say - a flight from Perth is hardly carbon neutral even if I leave the car at home!
Hmm... I guess the flight is public transport (unless it's a private jet), and you are after all leaving the car at home. A clear case of option 1 🙂

If you know of anyone coming from Weston-super-Mare (or the Bristol area) please point them in my direction.
A club organised car share scheme which allows nearby fans to get in touch with each other to then drive together to one of the Park and Rides is something which it would be good for the club to commit too. My work and a number of Oxfordshire employers do so.

One for @OxVox and @OUSP Secretary to perhaps suggest to the club.

My employer uses https://liftshare.com/uk

Last edited:
A club organised car share scheme which allows nearby fans to get in touch with each other to then drive together to one of the Park and Rides is something which it would be good for the club to commit too. My work and a number of Oxfordshire employers do so.

One for @OxVox and @OUSP Secretary to perhaps suggest to the club.

My employer uses https://liftshare.com/uk
It's actually something that's been suggested in the past for travel to Grenoble road, but never got off the ground (sorry, couldn't resist that pun). But for the 📐 there's a more compelling case, for obvious reasons.

It's actually something that's been suggested in the past for travel to Grenoble road, but never got off the ground (sorry, couldn't resist that pun). But for the 📐 there's a more compelling case, for obvious reasons.
Excellent. It’s a win-win as it will not only reduce traffic but also positive from a social cohesion perspective.

So much to love about this site.

Back
Top Bottom