Home Match Day Thread 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This game reminds me of when Di Canios Swindon came here
Everyone was expecting a defeat and they were top and we were struggling.
Then Beano got sent off early and we all thought the worse, however the magnificent Andy Whing came to our rescue and although they had so much of the ball we held on and won.
Fingers crossed
..and Scott Rendell ran himself into the floor chasing everything as the lone man up front..a great day.

Billy Bodin on for them as a sub!

I‘d take 2-0 Pompey. I think Des - if he’s being honest - would too
Whaaaat?!?

If I ever see Des or any manager of ours seemingly happy with a 2-0 defeat to ANYONE, let alone Pompey, then I will be sat at the gates of the training ground the next morning, with a freshly sharpened pitchfork in my hand!

It’s Portsmouth for god sake, not f*****g Real Madrid!

I wanna see us go for the throat, play em off the park and f*****g smash em!

I expect nothing less, and if we DO come away with a 2-0 defeat, I for one will be so pissed off, I might start a fight with a little bloke

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Gonna be tough watching Mous manage Portsmouth. The sense of regret that we didn't ship KR out earlier is so large :(
At least if we lose we can be happy our lovely Mous got another win.

In fact, this feels like one of those games we can't really lose. I'll be made up either way.

This game reminds me of when Di Canios Swindon came here
Everyone was expecting a defeat and they were top and we were struggling.
Then Beano got sent off early and we all thought the worse, however the magnificent Andy Whing came to our rescue and although they had so much of the ball we held on and won.
Fingers crossed

What I wouldn't give for an Andy Whing-type to play at the base of midfield right about now (or a team of them)

I cannot think of oxford v Portsmouth without thinking of that 4-0 opening day tonking we gave them that year. Really thought we would struggle and it felt like.nobody had seen it coming.

Praying for some of that spirit tonight

I'm optimistic for this one - think we will get at least a point and hopeful for all 3. In the same way that we always fare badly against Bristol Rovers, we always seem to outperform against Pompey.

No great surge in ticket sales today - 270 sold since this time yesterday. We are currently at just over 7,100 home seat sales, so add in boxes and Pompey and we are at about 8,800 overall.

Big 5 days coming up, win tonight and Saturday plus a couple of decent signings before transfer deadline and the mood will be a lot better. If we get turned over twice and what we have is what there is.......

Inexperienced but an EFL stalwart with contacts in the game...
I like how this idea of Des not having contacts is paraded around like fact now, conveniently ignoring his former boss at Oxford is now at a Premier League side, and that he was part of the world’s biggest football group.

Also I think Faz has plenty to make up for any perceived shortfall.

Dilemma... Do I watch/listen online or ignore the whole goddam thing until 10pm and login here to see quickly see how many YYYYEEESSSSs or FFSs ?

Definitely a better formation than the 3 at the back which hadn’t been working recently. I think Smyth has been very hard done by given his recent form not to start. I’m not convinced by Stevens as a right back

To have that bench, against the league leaders, this late in January is devastating.

A mixture of us really not ‘going for it’ quite as much as club officials might say when there are tickets to flog and images to maintain - and evidence of how much wage budget we’re dropping on players who just don’t contribute enough.

I just can’t see how we get anything out of this game tonight. I’d love to be wrong and we pull off a performance for the ages.

Back
Top Bottom