Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Taylor has to be up there too. 20 goals in the league, and 5th top scorer in league one (LINK). He's also improved his all round game.

Brannagan up there for sure.

Mentions for Williams and McNally as well.

Cam Bran.

Ability and attitude have been first class (đź‘€ @ Mark Sykes in recent weeks).

Last season, Jack Stevens and Sam Long we’re right up there and yet neither will be in the picture this year. Both will need to improve next season.

Brannagan 100%, he's been outstanding. A brilliant footballer and not one fan could question that lads commitment. With all the transfer speculation that he's had you never hear him say anything negative or make the sort of noises that could disrupt the club. A great professional and if he does move on, which seems likely, then he goes with his head held high and his conscience clear.

Definitely Brannagan followed by Taylor, as good of a player as he looks I don’t think McNally comes close to getting in the conversation this year

Why was Marcus Browne included on the list?

I'm bloody pleased he is here but this season!

It's surely nailed on for Brannagan with special mentions across the team...

Eastwood - Always ready and looked assured when called on
Long - Played everywhere and looked good in each position he played
McNally - Awesome start to his career. A new fan's hero.
Thornily - Loved his attitude even when he left
Sykes - Really found a new gear. "most improved player" award ?
Kane - Pivotal in everything Karl planned
Holland - Some beautiful goals and a handful for defences when he was at his best
Williams - Played everywhere and never gave up
Bodin - Flashes of creativity we were short of else where
Whyte - Energy and assists (need more goals from him as he is class)
Taylor - Goals, goals, goals
Baldock - Threatened an awesome partnership with Taylor

also....

Winnall - he tried

Injuries, sickness, dipping form or didn't see enough from covers the rest (and yes Holland could be included in this category)

I think Seddon was a victim of a ever-changing back line. In my opinion, a more consistent back line will deliver a better Seddon for the team.

If McNally had started from Day One (and been as good as he's been in 2022) then I think he'd probably have won it.
But as it is, he's started less than half of our league games, and you can't win PoY from there (unless we're really, really dreadful that year......which we haven't been this season).

So Brannagan all the way.

If McNally had started from Day One (and been as good as he's been in 2022) then I think he'd probably have won it.
But as it is, he's started less than half of our league games, and you can't win PoY from there (unless we're really, really dreadful that year......which we haven't been this season).

So Brannagan all the way.

Would McNally qualify for young player of the year?

Yup, and he’ll be worth an extra half a million when he wins it.

“…you want to bid for Luke who? Oooooh, you mean Young Player of the Year Luke McNally[emoji769]. Please, do go on…”

“…you want to bid for Luke who? Oooooh, you mean Young Player of the Year Luke McNally[emoji769]. Please, do go on…”
Just wait until Robinson works out how many wingers - I mean, full backs - he can afford to sign with the fee. He’ll be straight down to the Spurs training ground trying to get things moving.

“Helloooo, my name is Mr Thanakarnjanasuth. I belieeeve you have a transfer bid for meee…”

“Okay, Mr Thanakarnjanasuth, what’s your first name?”

• React
Reactions: MJB
Just wait until Robinson works out how many wingers - I mean, full backs - he can afford to sign with the fee. He’ll be straight down to the Spurs training ground trying to get things moving.

“Helloooo, my name is Mr Thanakarnjanasuth. I belieeeve you have a transfer bid for meee…”

“Okay, Mr Thanakarnjanasuth, what’s your first name?”

Later that day…

27c88c9b4f5cc0b44149fed038f45b06.jpg

According to one of our Spanish friends on Saturday, Gorrin has had talks with Ainsworth about a possible move, subject to his fitness.

Probably more of an Ainsworth style player than Robinson, but we would ant a fee as he is under contract and I can’t see you paying one for a player who has been out as long as Gorrin.

Back
Top Bottom