General Atmosphere

The back 6 or 7 rows of the whole East Stand stand up for the whole game.

If you put them all in to block 21 & 20 and everyone standing for a whole game like Blackpool do you’d create a better atmosphere.

You’d then have about 2 sections with about 30 rows of seating all standing from top to bottom.
Just need to get the front rows to stand up. Sorted.

On the whole our support, especially away, has always made me proud. For most of the last 20 years I’ve been following the u’s I’ve never felt this is an issue - we’ve sang as hard as most. So all this about is being a family club or anything intrinsic to Oxford United I don’t agree with at all. It’s right now that’s the problem, there’s something happening and I don’t understand what it is. I dreamt of pushing for the championship when we were in the conference. But now we are, both at the Kassam and our away support when we travel, are half as loud as when were playing Histon and Kettering. I would do anything to get the ultras back.

The fact that these Ultras don’t actually go to games anymore probably tells you a lot about what has gone wrong.

You go from die hard Ultras who followed the club home and away to them deciding they have better things to do on their Saturdays (I am assuming).

As far as I am aware from comments on here the club made it impossible for them to continue doing what they did, and despite having new owners we still don’t have any sort a fan relationship that could possibly reignite that passion.

The club feels like it has lost a part of its soul.

Hold hard kids.................. if you stand someone could text in and grass on you as condoned by the posters a certain Panel were pointing out just recently.

That`s the problem - gentrification.

I think perhaps there are lots willing to sing, but not enough starting the actual songs. Including me! I think starting them takes a bit of balls and a big voice as well as a good understanding of what to start when.

I think perhaps there are lots willing to sing, but not enough starting the actual songs. Including me! I think starting them takes a bit of balls and a big voice as well as a good understanding of what to start when.

A very good point.

Not a singer myself, but there are moments in a match were there is a noticeable uplift in noise, chanting or general encouragement and I do jump onto that bandwagon.

After Pompey, realised that I had lost my voice through general moments of chanting and encouragement etc.. but no, I am not a "singer" in that sense, I am sorry to say.

Not sure it is an age thing so much as that that I have always been like that.

There are those that do and those that will follow, and we have lost a large part of those that do.

I think part of it is we don’t know how to be Oxford United anymore. Expectation has changed. All that a great big chunk of our support know is adversity and struggle and strife. Being near the top of league 1 has probably given everyone a nose bleed.

Personally think its more than one issue. Obviously the ultras going has been a massive loss and shame on the club for allowing this, it was a massive own goal.

The over zealousness of the club / stewards to stamp on anything even remotely boisterous has become a pain in the a**e, after being told to sit down whilst stood celebrating a goal you do wonder where the hell things are going??? You want behavior like a library , you’ll get it, its reaping whats been sown.

And finally, unfortunately i really believe the slow sideways, sideways laboured style of football we have incorporated for much of this season is killing the atmosphere. Personally , and i hate to say it ,ive been bored to tears at times . Yes, the league position is all well and good but It doesn't matter what level you play at , or whether the stats tell me thats the best way to achieve results , i Personally want to see a style that gets me off my seat and takes a few more risks . I did actually feel we were a bit more adventurous Tuesday evening so fingers crossed on that bit 🤞

Back
Top Bottom