Tickets Bolton Wanderers v OUFC Ticket Thread

Also I am not certain asking fans to buy ticket ms for other fans as a solution to a problem is particularly brilliant, especially people who don’t really know each other.

Also I am not certain asking fans to buy ticket ms for other fans as a solution to a problem is particularly brilliant, especially people who don’t really know each other.

It depends. Once on general sale can you purchase tickets without assigning them to you or anyone else in your network?

If you do have to assign and have your name printed all over the ticket I would only buy tickets for someone I know or a forum member I recognise. No chance would I buy for a newbie that's only just signed up.

It depends. Once on general sale can you purchase tickets without assigning them to you or anyone else in your network?

If you do have to assign and have your name printed all over the ticket I would only buy tickets for someone I know or a forum member I recognise. No chance would I buy for a newbie that's only just signed up.

The tickets will be in the name of the person who buys them I assume.

I personally think,this system of selling tickets will cost us support at Wembley.
What a ridiculous cut off date the 8th of May.
I mean where was that displayed, for the whole of Oxfordshire & beyond to know???

Absolutely ridiculous, people having to scramble & scratch about ,trying to find someone with a account or membership/ season ticket holder.Just to get a ticket.
There will be many that don't or , won't be bothered I'm afraid..

I personally think,this system of selling tickets will cost us support at Wembley.
What a ridiculous cut off date the 8th of May.
I mean where was that displayed, for the whole of Oxfordshire & beyond to know???

Since Bolton have the same conditions with their ticket selling could it be to stop ticket touts buying tickets and selling on for profit in the event of a club selling out?

Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday both sold out their allocations recently and people were selling on tickets for more than face value.

Could it be opened to people with an OX postcode after a couple of days of general sale to everyone who does have an active account first if it looks like we won't sell the full allocation?

I get it's frustrating but it would be worse if fans with an account missed out because of people who have never been to one of our games and felt like jumping on the bandwagon.

Since Bolton have the same conditions with their ticket selling could it be to stop ticket touts buying tickets and selling on for profit in the event of a club selling out?

Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday both sold out their allocations recently and people were selling on tickets for more than face value.

Could it be opened to people with an OX postcode after a couple of days of general sale to everyone who does have an active account first if it looks like we won't sell the full allocation?

I get it's frustrating but it would be worse if fans with an account missed out because of people who have never been to one of our games and felt like jumping on the bandwagon.
Our other wembley appearances, was easier to get tickets ,for everyone.
This time though , I'm bumping into people left right & center, all saying the same thing . can't get one or relying on somebody else.
To me that not good Sales & Marketing, hoping thousands of fans , can cadge a ticket off someone.
Instead of direct .....

Why could the club have not just used the old database system? Or has that gone?

It is strange expecting other fans to work as intermediaries to move tickets, that’s not really the job of fans, what’s to stop some fans putting the price up on these tickets if it’s being done to stop touting?

Our other wembley appearances, was easier to get tickets ,for everyone.
This time though , I'm bumping into people left right & center, all saying the same thing . can't get one or relying on somebody else.
To me that not good Sales & Marketing, hoping thousands of fans , can cadge a ticket off someone.
Instead of direct .....

That was before Euro 2020 (21) though, since then wembley has changed the way tickets are purchased. They used to sell them through see tickets but now it's ticket master through each club.

The club doesn't set the conditions Wembley do.

It doesn't cost anything to have an account with the club and it's not something new, mine has been active for over 6 years. Surely these people wanting to go will have an active account within the family or friends circle unless they are completely new to OUFC ?

No it's not the job of the fans ,to keep buying multiple tickets ,to pass them on to fans that can't purchase them . CRAZY...

Surely fans will be able to buy their own on Monday when the general sale starts as they will previously have an account with the club?

Anyone who isn't a fan, has no history with the club and just fancies the day out (can't see that many to be honest) will either have to contact the club and ask the question or ask around their friendship circle to see if anyone can buy on their behalf beyond Monday.

Surely fans will be able to buy their own on Monday when the general sale starts as they will previously have an account with the club?

Anyone who isn't a fan, has no history with the club and just fancies the day out (can't see that many to be honest) will either have to contact the club and ask the question or ask around their friendship circle to see if anyone can buy on their behalf beyond Monday.
Agree with that

The sales so far show that a lot of us "superfans" have been getting something of what we wanted and we are not being penalised for being an "exile". The sales from Monday will show if there is a need to later open them up to "others".

Do tickets have to be assigned or is it OK if the ticket is assigned to the season ticket holder?

I have travelled on the LRC on numerous occasions and always had a coach number on the ticket. Looking at the tickets I have got for Saturdays trip there is no coach number, but there is a row number im assuming this is the coach number, very strange

Anyone else have this sort of issue booking tickets in the family area?
I was able to progress three adults/one child to the payment phase before getting "timed out" but had I been successful, the "restriction information" intimates that one of the adults would have been denied entry.

Back
Top Bottom