Tickets Bolton Wanderers v OUFC Ticket Thread

i think we will hit 20K tomorrow, then it will be max 1k per day for the rest of the week = 27k in total. Day trippers (non ox fans and not connected to ox fans) are excluded which is a shame. Im sure ther are many that would fancy it but wont be able to get a ticket. seems weird to me

Absolutely no chance that we'll end up with only 27k.

i think we will hit 20K tomorrow, then it will be max 1k per day for the rest of the week = 27k in total. Day trippers (non ox fans and not connected to ox fans) are excluded which is a shame. Im sure ther are many that would fancy it but wont be able to get a ticket. seems weird to me
Interesting, is this the same for Bolton, and is it an EFL/Wembley restriction? I'd have thought going on general sale would mean anyone can get tickets, and that is a shame if they can't. I know loads of folk in Oxford who have hardly gone in the last ten or fifteen years but want to go for the day. Whatever people's views are on 'day trippers' I'm fine with it as it all adds the numbers.

It should be a lot more than that tomorrow - hitting 20k means 4000 tomorrow. I'd guess it's double that if the system can cope.
Looking on the ticket site I’d say we’ve done well above 16k already we won’t have 20k allocation in the top tier

Interesting, is this the same for Bolton, and is it an EFL/Wembley restriction? I'd have thought going on general sale would mean anyone can get tickets, and that is a shame if they can't. I know loads of folk in Oxford who have hardly gone in the last ten or fifteen years but want to go for the day. Whatever people's views are on 'day trippers' I'm fine with it as it all adds the numbers.

Have no issue with day trippers either. As you say, it all adds to the numbers/coffers.

But it does make me wonder why people in a finance crunch, where they are having to tighten their belts to meet the daily basic needs, would even bother thinking of going to this game if they have expressed very little interest in the past 10 to 15 years.

The ridiculous Wembley situation of only opening certain sections as others sell out or fill up has been stupid and unnecessary. Likewise season ticket holders and members could have had a couple of days to get tickets and then general sale since say 5pm Sat.

The manner in which it’s all been organised may cost us about 3-5k in sales with some being turned off or feeling aggrieved at the way it’s all been done.

The actual process itself, especially if on an iPad or phone has also meant it’s been an absolute shambles to buy tickets, and I speak personally on that, as the system kept crashing and freezing, in 2024 it could and should have been much better and slicker. Not sure if that’s the club or ticketmaster, but there’s questions to be asked and answered on that particular front, as well as the policy and plan. It’s not been a good experience I fear.

Last edited:
The ridiculous Wembley situation of only opening certain sections as others sell out or fill up has been stupid and unnecessary. Likewise season ticket holders and members could have had a couple of days to get tickets and then general sale since say 5pm Sat.

The manner in which it’s all been organised may cost us about 3-5k in sales with some being turned off or feeling aggrieved at the way it’s all been done.

The actual process itself, especially if on an iPad or phone has also meant it’s been an absolute shambles to buy tickets, and I speak personally on that, as the system kept crashing and freezing, in 2024 it could and should have been much better and slicker. Not sure if that’s the club or ticketmaster, but there’s questions to be asked and answered on that particular front, as well as the policy and plan. It’s not been a good experience I fear.
I emailed the EFL earlier today and then forwarded the same to @OUSP with supplementary questions for their meeting on Tuesday.
Whether this serves as lesson's to be learnt or just pushed aside, I don't know.
Your point about lost sales is, I feel, very pertinent. The process, whichever system used, is flawed. It has highlighted the need for, not just OUFC but, the EFL as a whole, to wake up and take note.

I emailed the EFL earlier today and then forwarded the same to @OUSP with supplementary questions for their meeting on Tuesday.
Whether this serves as lesson's to be learnt or just pushed aside, I don't know.
Your point about lost sales is, I feel, very pertinent. The process, whichever system used, is flawed. It has highlighted the need for, not just OUFC but, the EFL as a whole, to wake up and take note.
Absolutely and well done on pushing this issue and challenging what’s gone on. Oxford v Bolton should attract say 70k+ between the two clubs and then add in EFL or general Wembley club members and we’d prob be within 10-15k of a Wembley capacity anyway, so why not from the outset just let fans buy whatever seats and tickets they wanted within their clubs areas. I really think this has been a massive own goal from Wembley and should have been sorted out before tickets were allowed to go on sale in the hap hazard and shambolic way it’s been done. Someone or some people need a serious rap on the knuckles or in other places for basically letting fans down very badly.

Am I right in thinking the last time we went to Wembley on the first day of general sales we sold over 10k or am I imagine it. If so today is going to tell us alot about how easy or not it is for casual supporters to be tickets.

Im baffled I get sent stuff from the club every week over the years I have bought tickets I have a profile with a wrong password which says True? Do I correct that or is it some generic term for my actual password . Might start panicing if I get the big no tomorrow

Im baffled I get sent stuff from the club every week over the years I have bought tickets I have a profile with a wrong password which says True? Do I correct that or is it some generic term for my actual password . Might start panicing if I get the big no tomorrow
You need to set up a new account with that same email address by the sounds of it, it will then give you a fan number that you would of had before once you have logged in, once you have done that it will then prompt you to enter that fan number as it tells you all the fan numbers you have ever had under your name.

Long and short of it, sign up for a new account with the email you still recieve the correspondence to.

Also remember a hell a lot of those day trippers, were big loyal oufc fans once .
Back in the day they've been there seen it done it.
For whatever reasons they've stopped going.
Would be a shame to stop them going .
It's a chance to get them back on board again.
Trust me there's a lot of lapsed oufc fans out there ...

Press reset password and follow the process, I think that will do it for you

Have no issue with day trippers either. As you say, it all adds to the numbers/coffers.

But it does make me wonder why people in a finance crunch, where they are having to tighten their belts to meet the daily basic needs, would even bother thinking of going to this game if they have expressed very little interest in the past 10 to 15 years.
It's further away to Wembley for Bolton fans,
I thought there was a north south divide.
It's grim up north & all that.
Yeah right..

Screenshot_2024-05-13-07-40-08-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgIt's still saying this on my account,will this change at 10, clock????

It's further away to Wembley for Bolton fans,
I thought there was a north south divide.
It's grim up north & all that.
Yeah right..
We will end up with the same amount as Bolton. Distance and cost of travel will impact them & seen thier fans say some won’t be coming due to finances involved

Back
Top Bottom