National News Boris Johnson

Just the concept that "money" is created by chucking a few more 0000000`s on a spreadsheet somewhere - added to debt or whatever.

It's not tangible, nobody can see it, nobody can touch it, it's just debt secured against something somewhere along the line.

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️
That’s great that argument will help me not pay my credit card bill….

Oh wait…

Ironically the paying your credit card analogy is exactly why it's numbers on a spreadsheet.

You want something now and you don't have the readies, you stick it on the card. Now to pay it off, you earn cash or flog something you also own but don't want- in the case of the country through making things or selling reserves (don't get me started on the daft bitch that sold out our industries or the silly sod that depleted the gold in order to prove a point).

OK, so you can't earn more or sell anything, don't worry, get another's credit deal and pay the first with the second (c/f government bonds) and repeat endlessly. No one actually has the cash apart from some big pluses and minuses on some balance sheets.

The whole financial world revolves around this and although everyone can see it's madness, you can't stop it without breaking everything for everyone....

Sharing the demand............... :)

The "house buying on benefits" is truly bonkers and will alienate all those working folk caught in the rent/deposit "trap" but there we are, what do I know?
I'm looking forward to the day you come on here and decry benefit recipients for owning there own home. It'll make a change from a flat screen TV. 📺🏡🤔

I'm looking forward to the day you come on here and decry benefit recipients for owning there own home. It'll make a change from a flat screen TV. 📺🏡🤔

Why should your or I`s tax pay for someone to buy a house?

Benefits are a safety net, not a career aspiration. 🤷‍♀️

Do you think it "right" that a young, working couple gets trapped in eternal rent, unable to raise a deposit, whilst a pair of feckless breeders get a leg up from HMG?

Sorry, it's the wrong way round. HMG should be offering support to working first-time buyers - make work pay.

Remember that Conservatives turn out and vote while the left just tweet pish and cry in the frothy coffees.............. ;)
The traditional Conservative vote that comes out whatever the weather tend to be older voters. The very same people who will face unbearable fuel poverty this winter, struggle to avoid to run their cars and heat their homes and feel the pinch more than most with raising food costs.

I doubt their voted can be relied upon unless there's a massive change in the next 18 months.

Why should your or I`s tax pay for someone to buy a house?

Benefits are a safety net, not a career aspiration. 🤷‍♀️

Do you think it "right" that a young, working couple gets trapped in eternal rent, unable to raise a deposit, whilst a pair of feckless breeders get a leg up from HMG?

Sorry, it's the wrong way round. HMG should be offering support to working first-time buyers - make work pay.
Er, I don't. Your hero Johnson does.

Your eyes are starting to open see.

The traditional Conservative vote that comes out whatever the weather tend to be older voters. The very same people who will face unbearable fuel poverty this winter, struggle to avoid to run their cars and heat their homes and feel the pinch more than most with raising food costs.

I doubt their voted can be relied upon unless there's a massive change in the next 18 months.

Fortunately, they (soon to be we!) are a more robust generation who will do practical things to mitigate additional costs and many are Conservative through the middle like a stick of rock.
On a broader note surely reduced fuel consumption has to be good for global warming and the environment - can`t have it both ways.... ;)

Fortunately, they (soon to be we!) are a more robust generation who will do practical things to mitigate additional costs and many are Conservative through the middle like a stick of rock.
On a broader note surely reduced fuel consumption has to be good for global warming and the environment - can`t have it both ways.... ;)
Alternative, clean fuel is great. No fuel will leave vulnerable people stuck in their freezing homes at best, or kill them at worse. Maybe not such a good thing then?

Just thought I’d put this here to see what @Essexyellows thinks is the reason that petrol was £1.19 a litre in 2008 when the barrel price was roughly the same as it is now and yet the price at the pump is £2.00 and why the duty on the tank and money that goes to the government is 48%.

Not a stealth tax and all vlads fault no doubt…. Or the guardian reading Waitrose shopping elite, but definitely not boris and his chums.

Just thought I’d put this here to see what @Essexyellows thinks is the reason that petrol was £1.19 a litre in 2008 when the barrel price was roughly the same as it is now and yet the price at the pump is £2.00 and why the duty on the tank and money that goes to the government is 48%.

Not a stealth tax and all vlads fault no doubt…. Or the guardian reading Waitrose shopping elite, but definitely not boris and his chums.

Not bothered to be fair - got investments in BP & Shell as have most of us via pensions etc.

Can`t cut it both ways with the green thing or have we forgotten about that now?

See my post on this thread - https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/petrol-prices.8088/#post-547433

So the major government food strategy document has been released. Nothing substantive to deal with the food supply issues we have in this country, but there is a proposal to increase the use of "responsibly sourced wild venison".

So the major government food strategy document has been released. Nothing substantive to deal with the food supply issues we have in this country, but there is a proposal to increase the use of "responsibly sourced wild venison".
I suspect they are referring to roadkill.

Add in the failed test and trace:
So....£8.7 + £11 + £37 (failed test and trace) = £56.7 billion

That exceeds our entire annual Defence or Education budget.

Tories....the party of Fiscal Responsibility....my hairy ar$e :ROFLMAO:
... and yet only half of the latest estimated cost of that fine and sensible white elephant HS2

Back to Bojo and his balls-ups

Another one incoming: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...food-strategy-fails-to-tackle-cost-or-climate

Instead of reducing meat consumption
Absolute tosh!
... and yet only half of the latest estimated cost of that fine and sensible white elephant HS2
Agreed. Yet another shitshow that the government are persisting with (whilst also quietly carving useful bits out, such as the West Coast Mainline Link).

Still, as long as pension pots are in rude health from all our money being invested in them....who cares....right?
:rolleyes:

Don`t forget..................

£370 billion

Total cost estimate for measures for which government departments are responsible (where data are available).

£129 billion

The amount we know the government or Bank of England have loaned or guaranteed so far (where data are available).

£261 billion

The amount we know the government has spent on these measures so far (where measures have already been implemented and data are available).

And folk don`t think it's just numbers on a spreadsheet?
I get the philosophical point you’re making. The wealth on a spreadsheet doesn’t exist in a tangible representation of anything of value. But that’s also true of the tin and paper we put in our pockets and call money. It’s actually material value is worthless. But it represents wealth in exactly the same way as a spreadsheet.
If you print too much money it devalues. If you start adding zeros to a spreadsheet it devalues.

Back
Top Bottom