National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Great headline.

Waste of resources.

Didn't it actually say if the primary purpose is social then the fact you are all working together is irrelevant, and it's not allowed... 30 people in a room singing 'happy birthday', with a cake presented, isn't for 'work purposes'.

You keep banging on about 'people working from your house', now I'm sure we both realise that there is more than 1 room in No.10, so getting 30 in a single room definitely constitutes a social gathering. (I'm still refusing to use the word 'party' though)

Easy really isn't it? 🤷‍♂️

If those people were in the room (any room) primarily for work purposes..................................... 🤷‍♀️

This is what the country has dumbed down too.
Debating the whys & wherefores of what people were eating in an office.
Might as well have a phone in/vote line for it.

Oh dear.................. It seems Sue Gray will not publish her partygate report while the Met police investigate. :ROFLMAO:

Oh dear.................. It seems Sue Gray will not publish her partygate report while the Met police investigate. :ROFLMAO:
well, there had to be some reason why Cressida Dick managed to keep her job, looks like the "stevenage drinks break" of delaying tactics is her purpose. They will conclude after a period of time that it is "not in the public interest" to proceed (as happens with the majority of crimes reported now) and hope that the public have forgotten about it all by then.

That was serious stuff. :)

This is dull and people are dialling out from it.

Even MrsEY(Mk2) was tutting at the news this morning.

Do people still buy newspapers?
Our local rag appears to be rehashes of popular posts on local FB Spotted pages - cutting edge journalism! :ROFLMAO:

Yes, tend to be Tory supporters who read the Torygraph or Daily Express.

Great headline.

Waste of resources.

If those people were in the room (any room) primarily for work purposes..................................... 🤷‍♀️

This is what the country has dumbed down too.
Debating the whys & wherefores of what people were eating in an office.
Might as well have a phone in/vote line for it.

Yep, how dare the Govt be held to account for their actions especially as they wrote the rules....

Best stop going after Burglars as a waste of resources, after all it is their chosen work and they didn't even write the rules.

well, there had to be some reason why Cressida Dick managed to keep her job, looks like the "stevenage drinks break" of delaying tactics is her purpose. They will conclude after a period of time that it is "not in the public interest" to proceed (as happens with the majority of crimes reported now) and hope that the public have forgotten about it all by then.
I expect after not pursuing it for 'not in the public interest' reasons the government will take this as proxy for 'nothing criminal had happened' and use this as 'justification' to promptly ditch the Sue Gray report.

The question is, are there enough @Essexyellows out there for them to get away with it?

Yep, how dare the Govt be held to account for their actions especially as they wrote the rules....

Best stop going after Burglars as a waste of resources, after all it is their chosen work and they didn't even write the rules.

I would rather the coppers investigating some folk eating cake were out there nicking burglars, but there we go. Priorities. 🤷‍♀️

I expect after not pursuing it for 'not in the public interest' reasons the government will take this as proxy for 'nothing criminal had happened' and use this as 'justification' to promptly ditch the Sue Gray report.

The question is, are there enough @Essexyellows out there for them to get away with it?
I expect you are right..... be like Starmer and the, delayed again, Forde report.

Are there enough? Reckon so....
Just under 14 million in 2019.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50779901
The turnout was 67.3% of registered voters, which represents a 1.5% drop on the 2017 general election.
The Conservatives won the most seats - 365 - and also the biggest share of votes, 45%, or about 13.9 million.
Labour, who are in second place, have won 203 seats and a 32.2% share, or about 10.3 million votes.

Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Shock news for you - not all law-breaking gets investigated.

Approximately a third of reported crimes are screened out.
Only a third of vehicle-related offences in London led to a full investigation. And half of all burglaries were also screened out.

So - burglars or cake seems to be the choice.

k news for you - not all law-breaking gets investigated.

Approximately a third of reported crimes are screened out.
Only a third of vehicle-related offences in London led to a full investigation. And half of all burglaries were also screened out.

So - burglars or cake seems to be the choice.

It isn't just cake (if at all) as you try to keep painting it but multiple events over 2 years by the very people who set the rules/law. Others have been done under these rules so what is good for the goose is good for the gander especially when dealing with anti social behaviour.

And those the Govt will expect the people to follow other rules/laws it sets, why would they if the Govt doesn't follow previous ones it set? This is one reason as put forward by Met Police as the potential outcome is that the following of law is undermined.

I have to confess that while I remain unenthusiastic about Starmer’s fairly obvious strategy of waiting for Johnson to fall on his face there is no getting away from the entertainment value.

It isn't just cake (if at all) as you try to keep painting it but multiple events over 2 years by the very people who set the rules/law. Others have been done under these rules so what is good for the goose is good for the gander especially when dealing with anti social behaviour.

And those the Govt will expect the people to follow other rules/laws it sets, why would they if the Govt doesn't follow previous ones it set? This is one reason as put forward by Met Police as the potential outcome is that the following of law is undermined.

I will take a fair bet that a lot of people did not stick to the rules/law 100%.
Even those who are wildly pointing fingers now.

What undermines society and behaviour is the incessant "they ate cake/drank wine" with no context of what they were dealing with at the time.
I wouldn`t mind betting most of those people were easily working 14/15 hours a day or more and probably rarely went home for days/weeks.

Of course, that detail is conveniently missed out, as is the uniqueness of the Downing Street/Cabinet Office environment being home/office/hotel/restaraunt and more.

I wouldn`t mind betting most of those people were easily working 14/15 hours a day or more and probably rarely went home for days/weeks.

Of course, that detail is conveniently missed out, as is the uniqueness of the Downing Street/Cabinet Office environment being home/office/hotel/restaraunt and more.

Utterly irrelevant to law breaking in any context.

I actually agree that any Met investigation is a colossal waste of time and money but there is, and can be, no justification for flouting the law.

I will take a fair bet that a lot of people did not stick to the rules/law 100%.

What undermines society and behaviour is the incessant "they ate cake/drank wine" with no context of what they were dealing with at the time.

If Johnson knocke all his parties and hospital visits on the head he would have time to do some proper work.

Last edited:

Of course, the sensible thing to do back when this first came out would have been to be open and honest about all the occasions and front it out, would have killed it stone dead. There is absolutely zero way he didn't know what had happened when he made his first statement denying anything had happened. His obsession with lying as the answer to everything has kept this going. But I suppose it has distracted people from the cost of living crisis for a while.

You're floundering now having to make excuses.

Back
Top Bottom