National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Well, he`s just said he won`t call a GE so option 4 is off the table, unless he was bluffing...................

PS: I don`t need a "safe space" because, whatever happens, its a Conservative government until 2024.

You're right, he's said a General Election is off the table until 2024.

Unless there's previous form for him telling lies, then we should be safe.

So ask for PR by restricting who people can vote for? 🤷‍♀️
Yeah! Why aren't the Monster Raving Loony Party standing in every constituency?

The 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers has decided not to change the rules to allow a second confidence vote against Boris Johnson according to the BBC.
It will instead hold an election on Monday to choose its new executive.
Any rule changes would be discussed by the new executive.

Zahawi is allegedly waiting to stick the knife in. He`s been busy...................

Unfortunately, we already had that botched referendum during the coalition in 2011. The choice of PR got downgraded to AV (alternative voting), and was voted down by 67% to 33%
So it wasn't a vote on PR.

And now 10 years on with the absolute trashing of democracy bynthis government that we have witnessed in the interim, perhaps it is the right time for a grown up and informed debate on the issue.

But I think @SteMerritt has alluded to why this is unlikely to happen.

Too many vested interests with too many fingers in pies and too much influence to lose.

But look on the bright side. if there is a new PM, there might be the possibility that Jacobs Cracker Reeces-Moobs, will be told to feck off.

Do you seriously think Westminster has the appetite for PR? Sadly they do not or we would have it by now.

Westminster? Why do they matter? It’s what the 1%ers want. It delivers them Tory governments 75% of the time. They’re not going to allow the public to vote for it. If they did, you’d know what side they’d be on.

Labour meanwhile failed to support a push for PR at their last conference. It was voted down by the unions.

Westminster? Why do they matter? It’s what the 1%ers want. It delivers them Tory governments 75% of the time. They’re not going to allow the public to vote for it. If they did, you’d know what side they’d be on.

Labour meanwhile failed to support a push for PR at their last conference. It was voted down by the unions.

Westminster - as in the whole lot, irrespective of rosette colour, HoC or HoL. They don`t want it so we won`t get it.

Nobody has resigned for at least an hour.............. and they are now all in No 10 - oh to be a fly on the wall.

Will the democratic mandate save him?

Will I be voting for a new leader?

Who knows!

Nobody has resigned for at least an hour.............. and they are now all in No 10 - oh to be a fly on the wall.

Will the democratic mandate save him?

Will I be voting for a new leader?

Who knows!
Think he is probably grovelling now

Back
Top Bottom