Manager/Coach Bristol Rovers Protest?

I still like the tennis ball idea to be honest, KR OUT written on them... Tim can take them home to play with his dog, Karl will love chewing on them
You just know that our calamity-hit lot would more than likely trip over any tennis balls, do an ankle, and be out for the next six weeks. We'd end up playing the youth team.

You just know that our calamity-hit lot would more than likely trip over any tennis balls, do an ankle, and be out for the next six weeks. We'd end up playing the youth team.
apart from commitments to tonights final youth/ academy alliance league game.... and the fa youth cup quarter final March 7th .... I think most of the young U's are both fit and available - if required

Last edited:
I did my Kassam Out protest with about 10-15 others many many years ago and the rest of the East Stand shouted us down, and then a few months later the same people who objected to us protesting against Kassam stormed the boardroom as they sought hero status by saving the club from a money grabbing tyrant. I am not starting anything again and will only join in unless there is a clear majority of feeling amongst everyone else. Not because I don't want to but I am now almost 20 years older, things have moved on for me as a person, the club is nowhere near as important to me as it was 20 years ago, but having said that I still want my daughters as next generation supporters to still have a club to support in the future so the club still has an important place in my life, just not enough for me to start anything off again.

In terms of protest it will only work if it is properly organised with enough people prepared to commit to it. A half hearted protest is probably worse than no protest at all.

A protest outside the ground on a day that there will already be a heightened police presence will not work, and could be an opportunity for the opposition fans to try their luck at the massed protest group and allow it to all kick off.

Taking your seats late also will not work as the breezeblock concourses are too small for us to wait in and it could become dangerous from a safety point of view.

Tennis balls on the pitch will probably mean a fine for the club.

Chanting of Robbo Out needs to be started before the game and needs to be continuous throughout the game win lose or draw.

A lights display using our phones could have worked but not with a 12.30 kick off. Still a maybe?

Really not sure what else you could do. Turn your backs and not watch in silence for 2 minutes - needs a strong will to do this and not turn round if we get close to having a shot on goal, however unlikely this might actually be at the moment. This is sure to get some TV coverage.

Just make sure even if we do win and put on an incredibly good performance that any protest against the manager continues despite this.

And somehow within the protest against the manager, you have to support the team. League 2 football has to be avoided at all costs irrespective of what the board think or fail to do, if we stay up make sure the supporters get the credit for it and not the manager or the board.

How about closer is better. Swap what current ticket you have and transfer to the SSU. Any SLT will be sat there for opinions to be voiced and chanting heard.

I did my Kassam Out protest with about 10-15 others many many years ago and the rest of the East Stand shouted us down, and then a few months later the same people who objected to us protesting against Kassam stormed the boardroom as they sought hero status by saving the club from a money grabbing tyrant. I am not starting anything again and will only join in unless there is a clear majority of feeling amongst everyone else. Not because I don't want to but I am now almost 20 years older, things have moved on for me as a person, the club is nowhere near as important to me as it was 20 years ago, but having said that I still want my daughters as next generation supporters to still have a club to support in the future so the club still has an important place in my life, just not enough for me to start anything off again.

In terms of protest it will only work if it is properly organised with enough people prepared to commit to it. A half hearted protest is probably worse than no protest at all.

A protest outside the ground on a day that there will already be a heightened police presence will not work, and could be an opportunity for the opposition fans to try their luck at the massed protest group and allow it to all kick off.

Taking your seats late also will not work as the breezeblock concourses are too small for us to wait in and it could become dangerous from a safety point of view.

Tennis balls on the pitch will probably mean a fine for the club.

Chanting of Robbo Out needs to be started before the game and needs to be continuous throughout the game win lose or draw.

A lights display using our phones could have worked but not with a 12.30 kick off. Still a maybe?

Really not sure what else you could do. Turn your backs and not watch in silence for 2 minutes - needs a strong will to do this and not turn round if we get close to having a shot on goal, however unlikely this might actually be at the moment. This is sure to get some TV coverage.

Just make sure even if we do win and put on an incredibly good performance that any protest against the manager continues despite this.

And somehow within the protest against the manager, you have to support the team. League 2 football has to be avoided at all costs irrespective of what the board think or fail to do, if we stay up make sure the supporters get the credit for it and not the manager or the board.
Large flag, like we did for Joey with Robinson Out on it

I can see us losing to Rovers and them singing to KR ā€œ Youā€™ll be sacked in the morningā€
And we will just laugh

I quite like directing the line-o song at Robinson..

Robbo, you're a ****!
Robbo
Robbo
You're a ****!

But Robbo Out for 90 +4 mins, regardless of the result, works too.

How about to the tune of football coming home
šŸŽ¶ This is f*****g s**t it's f*****g s**t it's s**t šŸŽ¶ and repeat

Or a more simple one
šŸŽ¶ We're going down we're going down to league two we're going down šŸŽ¶

Followed by šŸŽ¶ Robbo out šŸŽ¶

I will turn the lights off

We need to sing support for Robinson, not against him! How about:

We've got Robinson
Karl Robinson
I just don't think you understand!
One point in twenty one
Makes him better than anyone!
We've got Karl Robinson!

How did it go today then?
TVP occupied the mound from about 11.50am if not earlier

there were a few 'time to go' type banners unfurled during the game after going 0-3 down ..... loud we want robbo out chants after going 0-1 down- even louder ones after going 0-2, the 0-3 down and at FT too

Back
Top Bottom