Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Had a poor and inconsistant first half. Where to the FA getvthese low stanard officials from? - this joke is from stoke. Did he cost us the game? No ...we didnt play anywhere near good enough. Was is a poor referee who seemed to think its all about him. It seemed so to me. Ill give him 4

Absolutely imaginary second yellow card for Rodrigues, seemed desperate to even things up.

Fundamentally incorrect decision to ignore his lino for the second goal.

Crap.

Didn't cost us the game but he was awful. Some fouls given then identical ones ignored. No consistency at all. The lino on the dugout side of pitch was hopelessly unfit and not up with play half the time. The second yellow for rodrigues was just nonsense. People were doing far more and not getting booked. Did appear to be an evening up type card

Gave loads of fouls which were borderline I thought which just favoured them and their break up play style. We were still rubbish though.

Absolutely imaginary second yellow card for Rodrigues, seemed desperate to even things up.

Fundamentally incorrect decision to ignore his lino for the second goal.

Crap.

Another calamity official,we not playing offside anymore??
If we're talking their second goal then there was nothing wrong with it. Their first lad didn't touch it so the guy who scored couldn't be offside. The ref actually did well to ignore the flag.

I do agree though that Rodrigues second was incredibly harsh and he looked like he was trying to even it up, despite the fact that their red was disgraceful and as clear as anything. Didn't cost us the game though, we did that ourselves.

If we're talking their second goal then there was nothing wrong with it. Their first lad didn't touch it so the guy who scored couldn't be offside. The ref actually did well to ignore the flag.

I do agree though that Rodrigues second was incredibly harsh and he looked like he was trying to even it up, despite the fact that their red was disgraceful and as clear as anything. Didn't cost us the game though, we did that ourselves.

Had not noticed this before now - touche.

However, the Rodrigues second yellow looks worse and worse with each viewing - lousy, narcissistic decision.

What is the rule?
Very long, relevant extract:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
    • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
    • been deliberately saved by any opponent

Very long, relevant extract:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
    • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
    • been deliberately saved by any opponent
How do either of those rules apply though if his strike partner didn't touch it? If there had been a flick on, which I assume is what the assistant thought, then it's fair game as he was offside but if it went straight though from the keeper then he wasn't. If the lad who tried to flick it on andissed it had been offside there would be an argument but he wasn't, and indeed couldn't have been.

My take on it is the assistant raising his flag did us no favours but we hesitated for a split second and it cost us, and that's entirely on us.

How do either of those rules apply though if his strike partner didn't touch it? If there had been a flick on, which I assume is what the assistant thought, then it's fair game as he was offside but if it went straight though from the keeper then he wasn't. If the lad who tried to flick it on andissed it had been offside there would be an argument but he wasn't, and indeed couldn't have been.

My take on it is the assistant raising his flag did us no favours but we hesitated for a split second and it cost us, and that's entirely on us.
My bad, misunderstood your original point.

Agreed with your final para.

If we think that clown was bad, guess who we have got tomorrow, Sam Purkiss another clown who i believe we have already had problems with this season

I've only just looked back at the lowlights from Saturday but that Cheltenham sending off is worth more than a Red! As seen in real time at the weekend, it's a shocker and the bloke can't even use the defence of using his arms to jump. He simply follows through after the ball has gone and catches Negru on the way down if anything.

How he then had the nerve to stand his ground and complain, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom