Manager/Coach Coaching set-up

Unlike u to see the negative in the situation, oh no wait it isn’t is it.

I think it’s a great thing the club is adding an u23 side.

I think Chrissy is a great choice to run that team with the success he had before with the youth side .

As I said ages ago I could see Chrissy taking this role, which will tie in with the first team. And faz becoming head of recruitment/chief scout a position were still short of, which he has experience in, which also lets him take a step back from being so full time on the training pitch, and still let Karl bring in someone he wants as his no2

You can’t wait to jump on anyone not sucking down the kool aid eh?

There is nothing negative for oufc that Allen has been demoted from a first team position to one looking after the kids

Its a good thing. Even better if Faz is eventually moved elsewhere too

But not a particularly positive thing for Allen I’d have thought. That is if he has genuine aspirations of making it in this field

Kool aid you say ? Hummmm who do u sound like ??

It could be a positive thing for Chrissy Allen if he builds a long term career in this type of position, head of an academy etc.

If an academy job is his ambition that’s great. If he wants to be a manager less so

Surprised Faz is still at the club. I thought it was damning on him how how Kr sorted the defence in 2 weeks.

Somewhat simplistic view (surprising from a published sports author) - many different elements impact individual and team performance rather than just the drills on the training field.

Perhaps the upturn in performances was more down to KR's man-management & psychology rather than due to an improvement in coaching? Faz has been a No 2 his whole career, he's a quality coach for this level. Harsh to judge and compare his performance as a No 1 against established gaffers such as KR.

Unlike u to see the negative in the situation, oh no wait it isn’t is it.

I think it’s a great thing the club is adding an u23 side.

I think Chrissy is a great choice to run that team with the success he had before with the youth side .

As I said ages ago I could see Chrissy taking this role, which will tie in with the first team. And faz becoming head of recruitment/chief scout a position were still short of, which he has experience in, which also lets him take a step back from being so full time on the training pitch, and still let Karl bring in someone he wants as his no2

I think Faz made some fundamental mistakes e.g. putting Raglan out on loan, dropping Ricardinho etc.

Somewhat simplistic view (surprising from a published sports author) - many different elements impact individual and team performance rather than just the drills on the training field.

Perhaps the upturn in performances was more down to KR's man-management & psychology rather than due to an improvement in coaching? Faz has been a No 2 his whole career, he's a quality coach for this level. Harsh to judge and compare his performance as a No 1 against established gaffers such as KR.
Maybe. I must admit thay I was really surprised when under Pep and DF we were awful at defending and yet KR managed to turn it round so quickly and so effectively within a couple of weeks.
Surely coaching has to be part of that improvement?

I bet longevity is better in the Academy side of things.
Unquestionably.
I get the point though that it makes CA less likely to be a manager of a first team.
If that id his ambition (to be an Academy manager) then it is a good move for him.

I bet longevity is better in the Academy side of things.
Unquestionably.
I get the point though that it makes CA less likely to be a manager of a first team.
If that id his ambition (to be an Academy manager) then it is a good move for him.

I don’t know that it does now though. When we were on our 8 week hunt for a manager how many of the front runners were academy heads/u23 managers ? Quite a few like Bellamy and unsworth. How many were first team coaches ? I think u23 manager is actually now a decent step into going to the next stage, as u get the experience of “managing” a team yourself

James Beattie did a fine job at Accrington as manager and now has had numerous coaching jobs higher up.

Everyone's personal ambition is their own and they can chose their own path.

You can’t wait to jump on anyone not sucking down the kool aid eh?

There is nothing negative for oufc that Allen has been demoted from a first team position to one looking after the kids

Its a good thing. Even better if Faz is eventually moved elsewhere too

But not a particularly positive thing for Allen I’d have thought. That is if he has genuine aspirations of making it in this field
Yeah because nobody has ever gone from managing an u23 team to first team manager before have they.. I think it’s a great opportunity for Allen - shaping they under 23s on their path to the first team. And all brand new so he has a clean slate to work with.

Interesting use of this strange ‘kool aid’ reference as well. Charlie is the only other person I’ve seen use it.

Yeah because nobody has ever gone from managing an u23 team to first team manager before have they.. I think it’s a great opportunity for Allen - shaping they under 23s on their path to the first team. And all brand new so he has a clean slate to work with.

Interesting use of this strange ‘kool aid’ reference as well. Charlie is the only other person I’ve seen use it.

Here's what the reference pertains to.

I'm surprised U23 is seen as some career wilderness. Surely he'll get more opportunity and experience with man management and tactics, and will be in the dugout against (supposedly) teams like Tottenham, Liverpool and Barcelona youth sides.

Surely that's much more exposure than you're likely to be getting than as a hanger-on in the dugout on a Saturday?

Allen demoted
Shame
Surprised Faz is still at the club. I thought it was damning on him how how Kr sorted the defence in 2 weeks.

I'm really surprised either are still at the club, having both been a party to their own dreadful managerial period, and under clotheads.

Here's what the reference pertains to.

I'm surprised U23 is seen as some career wilderness. Surely he'll get more opportunity and experience with man management and tactics, and will be in the dugout against (supposedly) teams like Tottenham, Liverpool and Barcelona youth sides.

Surely that's much more exposure than you're likely to be getting than as a hanger-on in the dugout on a Saturday?
Not a very pleasant reference at all - I would suggest the Hawk (and others) desist from using it in future, but then that would be asking him to give into peer pressure, and we can't be having that can we?

Couldn’t agree more
It’s you who mentioned training drills
The defence improved no doubt for all the reasons you mention. Fee of which Faz was able to utilise. Before any athlete will do as a coach says he has to trust him implicitly

Back
Top Bottom