International News Covid-19 .....

So my missus started feeling worse this evening, both triple vaccinated and both come back positive.
I feel ok but I have booked a pcr for us both to be sure! Was looking forward to going to our game tomorrow night too!

So my missus started feeling worse this evening, both triple vaccinated and both come back positive.
I feel ok but I have booked a pcr for us both to be sure! Was looking forward to going to our game tomorrow night too!
I felt crap for four days but it went as quickly as it hit me. It was like a bad head cold and a grade A (A* for younger readers) hangover at the same time. All the best, hope it only mild for you both.

When you say 'Friends', you do realise that 'voices' don't count?
Anyway, I am hiding, with the Scientists and other lying scare mongering Medics. What do they know? Trouble makers!
"Everyone who disagrees with me is a conspiracy theorist and/or schizophrenic"

This is your argument 🀣

Is it possible that number of infections is becoming less of an issue as vaccinations increases?
Well maybe but it’s now proven that Omricon is a mild form of covid but what about the next variant?

Well maybe but it’s now proven that Omricon is a mild form of covid but what about the next variant?
I’ve been told that virus’ tend to get milder as they don’t intend to kill their hosts e.g. the virus dies too which isn’t it’s aim, so hopefully this is the case with Coronavirus.

I’ve been told that virus’ tend to get milder as they don’t intend to kill their hosts e.g. the virus dies too which isn’t it’s aim, so hopefully this is the case with Coronavirus.
It’s not that simple - if it is highly transmissible prior to serious disease then the virus doesn’t care who dies, it just keeps transmitting. It is most likely to cause less serious disease as the population is more and more exposed to it and our vaccine- or infection-derived immune repertoire protects against more and more variants. E.g. a number of common cold types are coronaviruses, but could possibly kill members of uncontacted tribes.

This article talks about the subject quite well: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/10/opinion/covid-evolve-milder.html

I am no scientist but wouldn’t a huge case of omicron sweeping through the population, together with jabs and boosters, reduce the potential impact of another variant?

Brother tested positive today, his wife on Christmas Day, both very mild cold symptoms thankfully.

Once we are comfortable that this is becoming like a common cold (for the majority anyway) we will have to just learn to carry on and live with it without these daily data reports.

Sadly, those more vulnerable members of the population will have to do what they have always done during flu season and remain vigilant. We can’t keep this stance up indefinitely.

I am no scientist but wouldn’t a huge case of omicron sweeping through the population, together with jabs and boosters, reduce the potential impact of another variant?

Brother tested positive today, his wife on Christmas Day, both very mild cold symptoms thankfully.

Once we are comfortable that this is becoming like a common cold (for the majority anyway) we will have to just learn to carry on and live with it without these daily data reports.

Sadly, those more vulnerable members of the population will have to do what they have always done during flu season and remain vigilant. We can’t keep this stance up indefinitely.
But the risk of new variants are very real. We had the delta variant which was a very bad one now that seems to have disappeared and then we get Omricon which originated in South South Africa, although it now transpires to be a mild form of coronavirus.
It does rather depend on where and if new variants start.
With the Delta variant which originated non India Boris acted to slow, but with Omricon he acted more speedily which was good. Fortunately it’s now shown to me mild.

But the risk of new variants are very real. We had the delta variant which was a very bad one now that seems to have disappeared and then we get Omricon which originated in South South Africa, although it now transpires to be a mild form of coronavirus.
It does rather depend on where and if new variants start.
With the Delta variant which originated non India Boris acted to slow, but with Omricon he acted more speedily which was good. Fortunately it’s now shown to me mild.

Delta hasn't disappeared, it is still active.

@bashamwonderland you always quote the lowest number of the week after the weekend.

588 deaths in the last 7 days is still a very worrying number.
Fair comment.

Let's look at the wider picture though - deaths have been dropping quite convincingly since early November:

They've dropped by 220 in the past 7 days.

Theres no reasonable metric by which you could argue that deaths are rising, generally.

Fair comment.

Let's look at the wider picture though - deaths have been dropping quite convincingly since early November:

They've dropped by 220 in the past 7 days.

Theres no reasonable metric by which you could argue that deaths are rising, generally.

I think the trend over the next few weeks after the Christmas and New year celebrations, when we are back to non bank holiday reporting, will be the real indicator.

Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom