International News Covid-19 .....

Two years and eight months after the first lockdown, it’s finally got me. Pretty much heavy cold symptoms with a few aches in the legs. I’m on the liquids, paracetamol and rest now.

Silver lining - I don’t have to watch us play Port Vale on Saturday 😀.

Please refer to Page 1 and get well soon! :)

Two years and eight months after the first lockdown, it’s finally got me. Pretty much heavy cold symptoms with a few aches in the legs. I’m on the liquids, paracetamol and rest now.

Silver lining - I don’t have to watch us play Port Vale on Saturday 😀.
Don't rush back too fast once the symptoms drop - make sure you're recovered fully!

Any way, numbers are stoically consistent but we haven`t got any positive patients in ITU!! 🥳🥳🎉

Matt Hancocks diary is being serialised for charity..... one chunk reads the same as here when positive patients were being discharged into care homes.

"A diary entry on 2 April 2020, notes: "The tragic but honest truth is we don't have enough testing capacity to check anyway. It's an utter nightmare, but it's the reality."

Reality - he`s right. The testing capacity as was, at the time, being used on inpatients within certain parameters.

Any way, numbers are stoically consistent but we haven`t got any positive patients in ITU!! 🥳🥳🎉

Matt Hancocks diary is being serialised for charity..... one chunk reads the same as here when positive patients were being discharged into care homes.

"A diary entry on 2 April 2020, notes: "The tragic but honest truth is we don't have enough testing capacity to check anyway. It's an utter nightmare, but it's the reality."

Reality - he`s right. The testing capacity as was, at the time, being used on inpatients within certain parameters.
The tragedy is his claim of a protective ring around care homes. If they knew the incoming hadn't been tested and weren't clear, as they were led to believe, they would have isolated they would have correctly said they couldn't be admitted. The deception was criminal.

If he wants forgiveness for his lies he should first admit to them.

The tragedy is his claim of a protective ring around care homes. If they knew the incoming hadn't been tested and weren't clear, as they were led to believe, they would have isolated they would have correctly said they couldn't be admitted. The deception was criminal.

If he wants forgiveness for his lies he should first admit to them.

Everyone in the system knew that transfer patients were not/ could not be tested either incoming or outgoing.

The demand was to clear beds by discharge. We even contracted mass fatality storage sheds - everyone was preparing for the worst.

The system was also playing pass the parcel with ticking bombs of infection.

The care homes didn`t have the capacity for isolation/barrier nursing so it was them holding the parcel when the music stopped.

It was a war and there were casualties, some could have been prevented, many could not. That`s the hard reality and its not a "lie".

The "protective ring" would only exist when the testing capacity caught up.

No. He lied and then ACTUALLY lied about lying!!

Oh and it wasn't a war it was a pandemic when the prerequisite for clear, factual, relevant, accurate information was hard to come by. Fortunately most people won't be fooled by these attempts to rewrite history.

No. He lied and then ACTUALLY lied about lying!!

Oh and it wasn't a war it was a pandemic when the prerequisite for clear, factual, relevant, accurate information was hard to come by. Fortunately most people won't be fooled by these attempts to rewrite history.

If you lie about lying is that a circular route to telling the truth?

And then there is context.... from your link...

"Right from the start, it’s been clear that this horrible virus affects older people most. So right from the start, we’ve tried to throw a protective ring around our care homes.”

"I am glad that we have been able to protect the majority of homes, and we will keep working to strengthen the protective ring that we have cast around all our care homes.”

If you lie about lying is that a circular route to telling the truth?

And then there is context.... from your link...

"Right from the start, it’s been clear that this horrible virus affects older people most. So right from the start, we’ve tried to throw a protective ring around our care homes.”

"I am glad that we have been able to protect the majority of homes, and we will keep working to strengthen the protective ring that we have cast around all our care homes.”
FFS mate please don't start denying absolute fact. That's a horrible pace to be.

During an appearance on The Andrew Marr Show on Sunday, 6 June, Health Secretary Matt Hancock denied claims that he had spoken about throwing a “protective ring” around care homes at the early stages of the Covid-19 crisis.

Asked by Mr Marr if he regretted his use of the phrase “protective ring”, Mr Hancock said: “Well I said that much later, about what we were doing for the winter plan, and it’s been interpreted.”

But Mr Hancock actually did use the phrase multiple times in May 2020, to describe action taken during the first wave of the pandemic.

During a Downing Street press conference on 15 May, 2020, Mr Hancock said: “Right from the start, it’s been clear that this horrible virus affects older people most. So right from the start, we’ve tried to throw a protective ring around our care homes.”

Days later on 18 May 2020, when questioned on this wording, Mr Hancock told the House of Commons: We absolutely did throw a protective ring around social care, not least with the £3.2 billion-worth of funding we put in right at the start, topped up with £600 million-worth of funding on Friday.”

He used the phrase again, a day later, telling MPs: “I am glad that we have been able to protect the majority of homes, and we will keep working to strengthen the protective ring that we have cast around all our care homes.”

Whilst things are incredibly "dull" numbers wise the s**t-show in China is about to go bang.
After 3 years of attempting "Zero-Covid" they have just decided to let it rip.

The knock on impact of the lack of "stuff" will hit the rest of the globe sooner or later.

I’m into day 6 of my first bout, there was me thinking I had some sort of super immunity as I’ve been previously exposed to lots of family with it several times and 4 jabs! 😂
Would say defo more than a sniffle for me but feeling almost human this morning for the first day. Several different symptoms but the weirdest is the skin peeling off my hands, seems to be a Covid thang apparently! 😳

I’m into day 6 of my first bout, there was me thinking I had some sort of super immunity as I’ve been previously exposed to lots of family with it several times and 4 jabs! 😂
Would say defo more than a sniffle for me but feeling almost human this morning for the first day. Several different symptoms but the weirdest is the skin peeling off my hands, seems to be a Covid thang apparently! 😳
Take it easy and make sure you recover properly. Don’t push through.

you can’t honestly believe your own desperate defence of this?? 🤣🤣🤣

No "desperate defence".

They government are acting on breach of contract - its what happens.
It rarely makes headlines but happens far more frequently than people may think.

Of course those who may (or may not) benefit do make the headlines....

@Essexyellows, quick question; I’m hearing that the various covid vaccinations actually caused more serious side effects than the virus itself would have caused all across the age groups/vulnerability, and that a high percentage of NHS staff refused to have the vaccine boosters last autumn because of this knowledge, so are you able to say whether this is true or not.

@Essexyellows, quick question; I’m hearing that the various covid vaccinations actually caused more serious side effects than the virus itself would have caused all across the age groups/vulnerability, and that a high percentage of NHS staff refused to have the vaccine boosters last autumn because of this knowledge, so are you able to say whether this is true or not.
Where are you hearing it from?

Back
Top Bottom