General Defence For Next Season?

I suspect Manning wouldn’t be here if he felt the opportunity to rebuild in the summer wouldn’t be given to him. He’s been stung by that once already and he’s not stupid. Whether Tim told him the truth is another matter.

We should be able to offload some dead wood and that may include short term moves with their wages paid. Some big earners such as Anderson are optional and we should be looking at doing X in one window and Y in January with a view to a realistic end goal.

Plus, who says we have to go and spend big. Every year the free transfer market produces and the loan market is an area we can do much better. Spend smart is all I ask.

Players could have their contracts paid up but it does depend on how committed the owners are especially after Robinson spunked the best budget rumoured to be a top 6 budget up the wall

The Jamie Hanson Rule says that there's absolutely no value in just paying up a long contract and releasing a player unlikely to challenge for a first team place, unless they are taking a squad place of a more deserving player. Even then, they could just stay, train, go out on loan and play the occasional game in the Shitabrick Trophy. We've committed the funds, they may as well stay - unless another club is going to take their contract on.

Incidentally, I was amazed to see that Jamie Hanson remains without a club according to TransferMarkt.

I suspect Manning wouldn’t be here if he felt the opportunity to rebuild in the summer wouldn’t be given to him. He’s been stung by that once already and he’s not stupid. Whether Tim told him the truth is another matter.

We should be able to offload some dead wood and that may include short term moves with their wages paid. Some big earners such as Anderson are optional and we should be looking at doing X in one window and Y in January with a view to a realistic end goal.

Plus, who says we have to go and spend big. Every year the free transfer market produces and the loan market is an area we can do much better. Spend smart is all I ask.
I'm sure we'll have a decent budget, hopefully in L1. LM appears a pretty sensible bloke and will take advice on who to sign, and will know where we need strengthening. I would be pretty sure his approach will be slightly more methodical than KR with his mobile glued to his ear, ringing round his mates.

I'm sure we'll have a decent budget, hopefully in L1. LM appears a pretty sensible bloke and will take advice on who to sign, and will know where we need strengthening. I would be pretty sure his approach will be slightly more methodical than KR with his mobile glued to his ear, ringing round his mates.
Any sort of strategy would trump KR’s approach!! Money was there in January so assuming we stay up, there’s no reason that shouldn’t still be there and more.

Back
Top Bottom