General Next Season

I'd say that Cummings needs competition from a keeper with sll the modern attributes.

I'd say that Cummings needs competition from a keeper with sll the modern attributes.
Tbf to Cummings another signing that was a tad risky as he basically hadn't played for 6 months so expecting to hit the ground running a tough ask. Still would look to improve the gk position whether Southwood or whoever .

Tbf to Cummings another signing that was a tad risky as he basically hadn't played for 6 months so expecting to hit the ground running a tough ask. Still would look to improve the gk position whether Southwood or whoever .
Huge ask and easily forgotten. With a full pre-season and the second half of this season behind him, I think he’d kick on with us and replicate the form he’s shown for others previously.

Southwood would be an interesting one though, regardless of where he’s from, he’s a young keeper proven at the level with a hundred games behind him.

Would be happy to see Stevens back - he's got better and better. Lacks a bit of physicality and obviously isn't the strongest in the air but he's really nimble and quick to get tackles in. Passes well and what I like about him is that he plays the ball inside a lot of the time rather than that typical full backs 'out' ball into the channel asking forwards to try and do something with what is nothing more than a 40 yard punt forward. Good player.

Would be happy to see Stevens back - he's got better and better. Lacks a bit of physicality and obviously isn't the strongest in the air but he's really nimble and quick to get tackles in. Passes well and what I like about him is that he plays the ball inside a lot of the time rather than that typical full backs 'out' ball into the channel asking forwards to try and do something with what is nothing more than a 40 yard punt forward. Good player.
I would, but only if we are in League 1. Think we should be aiming for better, should we go up.

I would, but only if we are in League 1. Think we should be aiming for better, should we go up.

Not so sure about that, these type of players with PL club backgrounds, often look better the higher up they go. If there's better then great but I think he's been a very good loanee. He was excellent at the weekend.

He has improved a lot as the season has gone on.
If we are in L1 maybe? I wonder what Brentfords plans for him are ( he is nowhere near PL standard at the moment)

Wonder if this summer will continue where January left off, with a complete absence of leaks from within the club about targets. I much prefer knowing nothing, and then seeing the klaxon. The way Tyler Burey was announced was superb!

Back
Top Bottom