Championship Derby in trouble

Derby should pay what they owe as soon as they’re taken over but no doubt a deal will Be struck with HMRC and the EFL will step in over the Middlesbrough and Wycombe issues…..Derby are getting more help because of who they are not because they’re a Macclesfield or Bury club.
Derby were founder members ... one of the original 12?.... of what became the Football league.

Despite which ,if they've broken rules they should face the consequences (IMO) ..... that said EFL , under Parry should take a seriously long and hard look at how they 'police' their own rules & regs , such as FFP , and fit and proper persons ( to own/ run EFL) football clubs

Derby were founder members ... one of the original 12?.... of what became the Football league.

Despite which ,if they've broken rules they should face the consequences (IMO) ..... that said EFL , under Parry should take a seriously long and hard look at how they 'police' their own rules & regs , such as FFP , and fit and proper persons ( to own/ run EFL) football clubs
Good response @Sarge

Again you're comparing very different situations.

Most clubs strike deals with HMRC - Southend have been doing it for years, Wigan's new owners, Bolton's new owners, Oldham's etc etc. None of them waltzed in and paid every penny going at the point they took over. It rarely ever happens that way.

Macclesfield's were wound up over multiple debts including a tax one.
Bury were expelled from the football league but not wound up.

Derby owe HMRC £29 million ...... out of total debt of around £83 million.

Wayne Rooney has gone up in my estimations during this sorry saga. He has the money to just walk away and few would have blamed him but he's stuck at it and in the absence of funds and with a fairly scratch squad, he's producing mid-table Championship results.

Derby are now 4 points from safety I know Peterborough have 3 games in hand over derby and reading 2 but that would be some achievement.is Rooney can keep them up with all the things that have been going on there this season

Derby are now 4 points from safety I know Peterborough have 3 games in hand over derby and reading 2 but that would be some achievement.is Rooney can keep them up with all the things that have been going on there this season

It'll be a travesty if Derby stay up.

I was more thinking about what a good job Rooney has done.more than how good it would be if derby stayed up.
But surely if they are still in administration at the end of the season they will have to be punished again?

Massive hurdle removed. With the Wycombe potential claim being so much less, this should allow a preferred bidder to be named and takeover to be completed.

Back
Top Bottom