Championship Derby in trouble

Not sure a smaller club would of would still be in existence, not that I have a problem with Derby

If they’ve pi$$ed on the rules, then they deserve to be relegated to obscurity

Some say the latest rule breach may lead to a points deduction as it could be a breach of those heavily enforced (cough) FFP rules.

Some say it is similar (although not exactly the same) as Lutons shenanigans which got them a -10 points. :)

What is the jist of this, for those of us who can't get past the paywall?

The headline is about it.
Rooney's agent paid the May bill for the players wages - (£1.6million).
He`s arguing "best interest" for the club while Kirchners bid was failing.

Big take over "fake" news? - Found an awesome podcast on BBC Sounds,
Sport’s Strangest Crimes

The Trillion Dollar Conman

Awesome and well worth a listen (whilst waiting for Robbo "Moments of Truth" (overdue? Still not available?)

About one of the greatest cons of all time. The Notts County story. L2-Premiership in 5 years with Sven as manager! I was living away so this passed me by. All that glitters Derby.......... Lets hope the EFL "fit and proper" committee are paying attention

Genuinely hope they and other clubs in trouble can find real support from someone who as they say is "passionate about English football" and not on the make

The headline is about it.
Rooney's agent paid the May bill for the players wages - (£1.6million).
He`s arguing "best interest" for the club while Kirchners bid was failing.
Can't really see why this would be an issue....

..or is it some sort of convoluted take on the 'agents not allowed to own clubs ' rule that exists somewhere ?

Even if that is the case, can't see why it would lead to a points penalty

't really see why this would be an issue....

..or is it some sort of convoluted take on the 'agents not allowed to own clubs ' rule that exists somewhere ?

It was one of issues affecting Swindon under Power and the dispute over the ownership with an agent which also involved Gareth Barry iirc. Not sure what, if any, punishment was meted out for it though.

Can't really see why this would be an issue....

Probably (and I`m guessing here) depends on the route the "loan" took.
If it went to Kirchner (preferred bidder) then to DCFC trading account (with administrators knowledge) all good, if Stretford just paid it in to the trading account or wrote cheques/made payment directly to the players or AN Other account it might breach a rule.

I`m sure the EFL will just ignore it.

What is the jist of this, for those of us who can't get past the paywall?
Once the page starts loading press the 'x' where the refresh button usually is. This should load the article but stop the paywall

Takeover complete.. just hope they don’t recruit some top players.

Last edited:
Are we certain that there still won't be a points penalty this season?
There seemed to be some suggestion those owed money needed to be paid a certain percentage in order to avoid the penalty and that the amount kirschner offered would meet this but that other bidders may not

Are we certain that there still won't be a points penalty this season?
There seemed to be some suggestion those owed money needed to be paid a certain percentage in order to avoid the penalty and that the amount kirschner offered would meet this but that other bidders may not

I think he has agreed to pay the amount that Kirchner had which avoided any further points deductions.

Back
Top Bottom