Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

4 managers in 2 seasons?????
Tut Tut Tut Tut !!!!!
That deffo sounds top 30..

Let's throw something into the mix. Yes, we know Buckingham was handed a three and a half year contract. A deal in stark contrast to the one given to Manning. Is it beyond the realms of fantasy then to suppose that, as a proviso to that 3 1/2 years, the club inserted a clause with performance related targets and have every option to terminate contract should results not meet KPI's?
I suggest this as I always thought the leap from a rolling/short term contract for Manning, to a full on long term deal, for Buckingham, was stretching credibility a tad.

If that is the case then, as @RyanioBirdio has wisely suggested, and he's not usually lead by reading his morning tea leaves, Buckingham could well be gone before season end.

I would, none the less, be very disappointed as I had high hopes for Buckingham. However, this is a results based business and pretty aggressive at that. Perhaps Uncle Timmy will have learnt from the debacle that was KR to be more astute in his dealings with the playing staff?
Maybe they should get somebody as part of the SMT who actually knows how to run the footballing side of things and can offer advice and experience on those matters..... Are we confident they have that in place at present?

So basically since the 2018 season ,to maybe 2024 /25 season ,the managerial situation has been pointless & a complete waste of money. What's new ????

Maybe they should get somebody as part of the SMT who actually knows how to run the footballing side of things and can offer advice and experience on those matters..... Are we confident they have that in place at present?
Steady on! A football club run by people who know about football? Just a tad radical, don't you think? :)

Well they do have someone who knows about football. He keeps it quiet - so nudge nudge, wink wink, but one of the SMT used to be at Man Utd AND Inter Milan!! I'm very pleased to say that its brought the Man Utd recent philosophy of having no strategy, spending over the odds (some recent contracts, compensation and large by OUFC standards transfer fees) whilst actually achieving nothing on the pitch! No wonder that Baldy is so protective when some criticise the executive leadership of the club.

After a few posts I've made this week being critical of manager and players, I hope they have made me look a right c*&! by 5pm this evening! COYY!!

Frankly seems to be nonsense that RR has downed tools as he's still working as hard as ever off the ball. Think it's very easy to confuse frustration of not being able to get on the ball and influence games with a lack of purpose.

McGuane has blown hot and cold but just seems lost out there right now, seems devoid of confidence and you can't have a player at the base of the midfield wary of receiving the ball.

Was more concerned about things like Brown rarely giving Leigh a pass that wasn't a hundred miles an hour as some sort of weird point to prove he should be LB, but doesn't seem to happen as frequently in games now Leigh's out of form.

Isn't it funny how you can look at anything on the pitch and put a spin on it based on ITK murmurs?

May be some of the players want the narrative to be that they've downed tools, as the alternative of them just being bobbins recently isn't much fun either. But again this is all said without proof, as is 99% of the stuff on here said about what goes on behind closed doors.
The thing I don’t get about the “downed tools” narrative is how does that correlate with the performance at Portsmouth? Against Derby they worked so hard.

In my view, that would be the single most important appointment we could make. The whole football side needs a kick up the a**e and someone to set out a long term plan and standards.

So basically since the 2018 season ,to maybe 2024 /25 season ,the managerial situation has been pointless & a complete waste of money. What's new ????

Well yeah, the harsh reality of being a footbal fan.

Noted. I look forward to not reading your in depth analysis of today’s game, as you will not be supporting the football club.

Thank goodness some of us are a touch more thick skinned when it comes to ‘supporting’ our football club.

What nonsense. I’ve supported the club 53 years, I’m entitled to give an opinion. Did fans rally behind Kemp back in the day ? No they didn’t, why is Des considered any different to Kemp ? I want Oxford to win every game they play, including today. I don’t rate the manager one bit but that doesn’t compromise my support for the club.

In my view, that would be the single most important appointment we could make. The whole football side needs a kick up the a**e and someone to set out a long term plan and standards.
I think you're absolutely right in your view.
Regardless how poor the performances and ppg have been under Buckingham, Williams and Ferguson have to have a good hard look at themselves.
To appoint a young coach with hardly any efl experience and not back him with the required coaching staff.
Then expect him to run the football side and shoulder all the day to day stuff that goes with it seemingly with no input from those two is asking an awful lot.
I think with an inexperienced coach a Dof is essential for advice and to bounce ideas with.

Regardless how poor the performances and ppg have been under Buckingham, Williams and Ferguson have to have a good hard look at themselves.
To appoint a young coach with hardly any efl experience and not back him with the required coaching staff.
Then expect him to run the football side and shoulder all the day to day stuff that goes with it seemingly with no input from those two is asking an awful lot.
I think with an inexperienced coach a Dof is essential for advice and to bounce ideas with.
A decent go getting assistant manager might help and not a management forum.

agree

Be careful what you wish for Dessy haters..
Time will tell , it's a long & winding road.
Oxford boys we are here ,oh oh oh oh
Oxford boys we are here, oh oh oh oh.....

Be careful what you wish for Dessy haters..
Time will tell , it's a long & winding road.
Oxford boys we are here ,oh oh oh oh
Oxford boys we are here, oh oh oh oh.....

I know you say it tongue in cheek but I’m sure no one hates him. I’m just as sure that those of us highly critical of him can be turned around. Today is a small step in the right direction, we now have three very winnable games for a side with play off aspirations. A minimum of 7 points in these next three - and with some convincing performances - and we might begin to see a more united fan base in regards to the manager. There’s no hate, I wish him well, but I think fans have a right to have been critical of him to date. It’s the way football works - Tuesday was horrific, today is a good day.

Back
Top Bottom