Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Far more important issue than bashing Des. We should be bashing our fanbase for only sending in 800 supportive comments on the planning application for a new community stadium.

If you haven't already done so please submit yours here. Deadline is tomorrow!

View attachment 19082

Won’t have a manager to try and get sacked in two years unless they get off their arses.

Won’t have a manager to try and get sacked in two years unless they get off their arses.
Spot on, which I tried to get across to many on Friday night, we are sleepwalking into an abyss. We shouldn’t be worrying about whether Des is good enough just yet. Give him a chance and get the stadium sorted. If we don’t it won’t matter who we replace him with. Because there won’t be a club to support.

Spot on, which I tried to get across to many on Friday night, we are sleepwalking into an abyss. We shouldn’t be worrying about whether Des is good enough just yet. Give him a chance and get the stadium sorted. If we don’t it won’t matter who we replace him with. Because there won’t be a club to support.

What I can’t quite get my head round on here is you get people happy to post 400 times in the manager situation (either side) in a day yet not a squeak over the last year about the stadium situation, which is far bigger.

Genuinely intrigued as to why some of our obviously more engaged fans don’t seem to care at all about the biggest issue facing the club?

What I can’t quite get my head round on here is you get people happy to post 400 times in the manager situation (either side) in a day yet not a squeak over the last year about the stadium situation, which is far bigger.

Genuinely intrigued as to why some of our obviously more engaged fans don’t seem to care at all about the biggest issue facing the club?
Well I made that point on Twitter as did others @Billyox, but he got slandered and attacked for it, we should have left the club to comment on the FA Cup. The stadium issue was a bigger deal. If we somehow do make the playoffs I’ll be making my own banner regarding the stadium to highlight it when we are on tv. The time has come now.

The Stadium thread has a hell of a lot of posts in it, and a lot of them are just screenshots of a few knobheads on NextDoor or Twitter, turns people off getting too involved in that discussion I think

I should think they're just as engaged as everyone else, just perhaps don't see the point of obsessing over a few irrelevant serial objectors

The Stadium thread has a hell of a lot of posts in it, and a lot of them are just screenshots of a few knobheads on NextDoor or Twitter, turns people off getting too involved in that discussion I think

I should think they're just as engaged as everyone else, just perhaps don't see the point of obsessing over a few irrelevant serial objectors
Thing is if we didn’t ‘obsess’ over them. They would have been free to spread the misinformation they have tried to. Not happening on my watch.

Thing is if we didn’t ‘obsess’ over them. They would have been free to spread the misinformation they have tried to. Not happening on my watch.
Their misinformation is completely irrelevant in a planning application. And the council know who they are and what they do

I suspect it’s the latter.

We will be a mid-table side under him next year.
Is Cam staying or going? Is Murphy going to sign a new deal? What’s happening with McGuane? Who are we bringing in? Are we looking to make Cumming permanent or do we have other targets? I only ask as I assume you must know the answer to all of these questions to have any idea where we will finish next season

I understand what you’re saying but then some of them are happy to obsess over telling everyone how bad Des is, when in reality Des isn’t going to be getting the sack this summer and will be given the transfer window and pre season.

Is Cam staying or going? Is Murphy going to sign a new deal? What’s happening with McGuane? Who are we bringing in? Are we looking to make Cumming permanent or do we have other targets? I only ask as I assume you must know the answer to all of these questions to have any idea where we will finish next season

Cam staying.

Murphy going.

McGuane extending his option but looking to move him on.

Not signing Cumming.

We’ll finish 12th.

I don’t think that they are as engaged, you get some posters who absolutely never talk about the ground situation, not even in passing, but will make 7,000 posts about the manager. I get that not everyone wants to go into detail about it but it’s a far, far bigger issue than who is manager of the club, if you can find 8 hours to a day to repeat the same stuff about Buckingham but cannot find one minute to comment on the biggest issue to ever face the club then that intrigues me.
The only person to reply is you, but you have spoken about it before, so not really any clearer to me why some just seem to be oblivious to it.

I don’t think that they are as engaged, you get some posters who absolutely never talk about the ground situation, not even in passing, but will make 7,000 posts about the manager. I get that not everyone wants to go into detail about it but it’s a far, far bigger issue than who is manager of the club, if you can find 8 hours to a day to repeat the same stuff about Buckingham but cannot find one minute to comment on the biggest issue to ever face the club then that intrigues me.
The only person to reply is you, but you have spoken about it before, so not really any clearer to me why some just seem to be oblivious to it.
To be fair the stadium threat is very long and convoluted. I don’t really follow it all but I’ve commented on the planning application and emailed councillors etc.

To be fair the stadium threat is very long and convoluted. I don’t really follow it all but I’ve commented on the planning application and emailed councillors etc.
Yes; same.
Much of that thread is really tedious reading. I generally skim through it for the main issues. I have emailed the relevant influential people and spoken to friends about the importance of the new stadium. I don’t feel the need to rattle on about what those ridiculous councillors are saying next or throw insults at them on this forum. I have let them know what I think and why.
By email.

I am not having a go at anyone, it’s a free country etc, don’t expect everyone to follow the whole saga and there are a lot of people who dip in and out or whatever, I just find those few who obsess over the manager situation constantly but don’t seem to care about the ground situation intriguing. Same goes for that amongst our fanbase, don’t hear that much chat about it, which given the gravity of the situation is interesting.

Yes; same.
Much of that thread is really tedious reading. I generally skim through it for the main issues. I have emailed the relevant influential people and spoken to friends about the importance of the new stadium. I don’t feel the need to rattle on about what those ridiculous councillors are saying next or throw insults at them on this forum. I have let them know what I think and why.
By email.
Having said that, I DO appreciate being informed here of the latest developments

I am not having a go at anyone, it’s a free country etc, don’t expect everyone to follow the whole saga and there are a lot of people who dip in and out or whatever, I just find those few who obsess over the manager situation constantly but don’t seem to care about the ground situation intriguing. Same goes for that amongst our fanbase, don’t hear that much chat about it, which given the gravity of the situation is interesting.
I’d replace interesting with disturbing as people have said to me they think it will happen whatever we do or so. That is not the case, without serious pressure, those at OCC who are happy to see this club die will allow just that to happen without adequate pressure

Snap!! Same for me.
I find it hard going reading through it all and I rarely comment. I have however done the important bit of commenting and emailing relevant councillors.

Yeah I’m exactly the same, I’ve done my bit online commenting on the planning and writing to the councillors as you say and have also spoken on the phone to people I know who live in Kidlington and tried to get their support, but I don’t find the stadium thread that interesting and I don’t see how posting on it will help the club in any material way more than my other actions outlined above have. It’s annoying if I have to comment on there a few times before I can talk about the manager or the team to show I’m a ‘true’ fan 🙄

Back
Top Bottom