EFL EFL considering ending Sat 3pm blackout

They should use Geo location.

If OUFC are at home and you’re in an area within x miles from Oxford it should be £20 to stream.

If you live x miles away or it’s and away game then it’s £10.

But then the iFollow service really needs to improve if they were to charge customers more.
Based on that, if x is less than 150, iFollow should be paying me to watch. :LOL:

They should use Geo location.

If OUFC are at home and you’re in an area within x miles from Oxford it should be £20 to stream.

If you live x miles away or it’s and away game then it’s £10.

But then the iFollow service really needs to improve if they were to charge customers more.
But people would then just use a VPN to make it look as if they are further away than they are.

I think that (should the 3pm blackout be scrapped) anyone who has a season ticket should be able to watch a stream for a home game they can't get to for free.

But people would then just use a VPN to make it look as if they are further away than they are.

I think that (should the 3pm blackout be scrapped) anyone who has a season ticket should be able to watch a stream for a home game they can't get to for free.
Then they ARE actual "parasites" to quote @MarkG

Then they ARE actual "parasites" to quote @MarkG

Why? I am a season ticket holder who won't be able to go to games for a while, so I have paid for a ticket for every home game. I can't see how watching it as a stream during this period would make me a 'parasite'!

Exactly this.

I`ve already paid so can not fall into the "parasite" bracket.

If I was using a VPN and not paying in any way that is parasitic.

So all out matches will be available on iFollow during the WC:

Every match played will be available through Sky Sports or streaming with 3pm blackout not applying during tournament

Championship image

The EFL has revealed its broadcast plans during the World Cup, with League One and League Two going ahead while the tournament plays as well as some Championship matches.

All matches played will be shown on Sky Sports or through club streaming platforms and iFollow. Full League One and Two programmes will take place on the 18-19 November and 2-4 December, with other games taking place throughout the month of international football. 18 Championship matches will be streamed at the discretion of the home club.

The increased availability comes due to the Saturday afternoon closed window (Article 48) not applying during the tournament.

Sky Sports is airing 10 EFL matches during the World Cup, and, in addition to the 121 league matches taking place, all Papa Johns Trophy matches on Tuesday 22 November will be streamed on iFollow or Clubs’ streaming services.

Sky Sports EFL matches
Portsmouth v Derby County – Friday 18 November 
Exeter City v Ipswich Town – Saturday 19 November 
Wycombe Wanderers v Portsmouth – Sunday 4 December 
Blackburn Rovers v Preston North End – Sunday 10 December 
Queens Park Rangers – Sunday 11 December 
Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion – Monday 12 December 
Birmingham City v Reading – Friday 16 December 
Norwich City v Blackburn Rovers – Saturday 17 December 
Luton Town v Millwall – Sunday 18 December 
Wigan Athletic v Sheffield United – Monday 19 December

EFL Chief Executive Trevor Birch said: “With EFL fixtures continuing throughout the World Cup, we have a fantastic opportunity to showcase our competition, with supporters able to enjoy more access to watch their Club play, whether at the ground, in the pub or at home.

“While the winter World Cup has brought challenges for domestic leagues, for the EFL it also brings this opportunity to test how the streaming of live matches during traditionally blocked hours is received by fans that wish to watch their team, wherever they may be.”

I believe the only OUFC game you can't stream on iFollow from this Saturday up to and including the game on New Year's Day is the FA Cup Round 2.....

Who gets the income from the games? Is it split 3 ways between both teams and the EFL or just the home team and the EFL?

Back
Top Bottom