Everton Under-23 Coach David Unsworth wanted by the Oxford United.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/joey-barton-slams-glorified-pe-teacher-david-unsworth-and-warns-everton-could-be-relegated?amp

Not sure if anyone had seen this so putting it up for discussion:
Barton obviously not a fan - though an odd rant from someone who is prone to talking a lot of nonsense, being such a personal attack it may be grounded on inside knowledge though.

I listened to a lot of this rant on TalkSport and it smacked of personal vendetta. He got called up on it by a couple of professionals calling in. Barton definitely had an axe to grind, I assume from when they 'worked' together. Such a personal attack with no real substance says far more about Barton than it does about Unsworth. I'd pay more heed to Everton supporters than to a bitter and chippy ex pro who's biggest issue to him being a manager seemed to be Unsworth's weight.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...orth-and-warns-everton-could-be-relegated?amp

Not sure if anyone had seen this so putting it up for discussion:
Barton obviously not a fan - though an odd rant from someone who is prone to talking a lot of nonsense, being such a personal attack it may be grounded on inside knowledge though.

Contradiction by Barton. He says he is a believer that the team reflects the manager. Therefore Everton under 23s success must reflect Unsworth.

He seemed to have the hump with Unsworth because, as an Everton fan, he was frustrated with the results and was just lashing out indiscriminately - pretty much as he did as a player! - so Unsworth was the obvious target and he childishly attacked him about his frame. It would be interesting to hear his comments on how rosy it all is under Allardyce now!

I listened to Barton say this on talk sport and it did smack of someone just trying to generate some interest to promote his own agenda. Barton is the football equivalent of Katie Hopkins.
Barton is t**t

I listened to a lot of this rant on TalkSport and it smacked of personal vendetta. He got called up on it by a couple of professionals calling in. Barton definitely had an axe to grind, I assume from when they 'worked' together. Such a personal attack with no real substance says far more about Barton than it does about Unsworth. I'd pay more heed to Everton supporters than to a bitter and chippy ex pro who's biggest issue to him being a manager seemed to be Unsworth's weight.
Unsworth can, if he wants, diet and thus shed weight
Conversely, Barton is,was and will always be an obnoxious annoying mega-A*****e

Last edited:
I love the way we’re all defended Unsworth and he hasn’t even got the job yet! Imagine if he gets announced as Swindon’s manager.... [emoji16]

If so, can I be the first in the queue to say what a fine, upstanding citizen Mr Barton is.

I’m not holding my breath on anything happening this week. A win on Saturday strengthens Faz’s position, a defeat might speed the process of finding someone else up a bit
"a defeat might speed the process of finding someone else up a bit". This should read "a defeat might speed the process up a bit of finding someone else". You have turned the sentence into a split infinitive.

"a defeat might speed the process of finding someone else up a bit". This should read "a defeat might speed the process up a bit of finding someone else". You have turned the sentence into a split infinitive.

You, as I did, understood what they meant which is all that really matters.

Last edited:
Would take a special job for him to consider it apparently. Well he can bleddy do one as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like he's got Giggs mentality and thinks he's meant to walk into a big job. I'm glad he ain't coming here. I want someone who's either experienced or hungry to learn and succeed.

Would take a special job for him to consider it apparently. Well he can bleddy do one as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like he's got Giggs mentality and thinks he's meant to walk into a big job. I'm glad he ain't coming here. I want someone who's either experienced or hungry to learn and succeed.

I don't know how high up the leagues he's expecting an offer from, as manager of an U23 team. And if he's waiting for Allardyce to be sacked, I'm not even sure Everton would give him another go as caretaker...

Hang on... I need to go and lay down in a dark room after reading that.

I think that proves he thinks he's bigger than he is!
Your are right it does remind of of Giggs that never bothered anything below the Prem as he thought the 5 mins he had as caretaker of ManU was a glowing CV for bigger things than cutting his teeth further down the chain to prove he's got what it takes.

This Prem boy likes to stay warm with his slippers on! smacks no ambition or gumption to prove himself unlike MAPP had too.

Back
Top Bottom