Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Really? However he’s still number one for a good club, which surprises me

First one he hit a clearance to the forward when outside the area and the forward chipped over him into an empty net. Then he flapped at a header with the ball rebounding off the post back to be scored and for the 3rd he spilled the ball to the same forward for his hat-trick.

He really isn't very good so it is a surprise he is playing for a team like Notts Co even if in the Conference.

First one he hit a clearance to the forward when outside the area and the forward chipped over him into an empty net. Then he flapped at a header with the ball rebounding off the post back to be scored and for the 3rd he spilled the ball to the same forward for his hat-trick.

He really isn't very good so it is a surprise he is playing for a team like Notts Co even if in the Conference.
If you want to upset yourself then there are a few corkers from the L2 promotion season as far as highlights go. I recommend Mansfield at home, mainly for the last minute equaliser conceded where Slocombe looks like he’s in the Crystal Dome trying to grab a load of tickets.

Honourable mention for Stevenage away, where he comes charging a good 30 yards out of his goal, kicks it straight to an opponent rather than putting it out for a harmless throw in, and then watches helplessly as the ball is passed into an empty net from the halfway line.

Amazes me how Robbo thought he was no use for us.

Like you thought he was great, yeah ? He was utter garbage for us and anyone who says differently knows nothing about football. One decent, 8 out of 10 performance, in his entire time with us. Based on his OUFC performances Robinson was 100% right to get rid.

Like you thought he was great, yeah ? He was utter garbage for us and anyone who says differently knows nothing about football. One decent, 8 out of 10 performance, in his entire time with us. Based on his OUFC performances Robinson was 100% right to get rid.
Sean Clare? Everyone here thought he was rubbish and cursed Karl for trying to play him as a defender. The level of hindsight here is incredible.

Over 100 appearances for Notts County across 3 and a bit seasons, they keep giving him a new deal so must be happy enough.

Hold on. Clare was absolute dogshit as a right back for us. Dreadful. But who signed him as a right back.....

Funny enough. Sean Clare was highly rated as a right wing back at Hearts. Then we tried converting him in to a right back.

Over 100 appearances for Notts County across 3 and a bit seasons, they keep giving him a new deal so must be happy enough.

Generally a decent shot stopper but as highlighted with examples can get really dropsy/flapping with crosses on a fairly regularly basis and has an unfortunate habit of clearing to opposition strikers. Fair play to him for getting a decent stay at Notts Co.

Last edited:
If you want to upset yourself then there are a few corkers from the L2 promotion season as far as highlights go. I recommend Mansfield at home, mainly for the last minute equaliser conceded where Slocombe looks like he’s in the Crystal Dome trying to grab a load of tickets.

Honourable mention for Stevenage away, where he comes charging a good 30 yards out of his goal, kicks it straight to an opponent rather than putting it out for a harmless throw in, and then watches helplessly as the ball is passed into an empty net from the halfway line.

He obviously wanted to do a greatest hits effort in one game.

Bonus points for being the only two times he left the goal line during his time here.

Winnall scored his first goal for Burton Albion against Wednesday tonight in the EFL cup. That didn’t take him long 🙄
Stays fit and starts games - he'll score goals.
The first one is a very big if though.

Just the 5 league starts in 2 seasons for us as Matty stayed available most of the time.

An interesting read. Klopp’s comments quite telling: described him as ‘a real talent’ but rebuked him for chasing a pay day.

He’s also labelled an Oxford ‘fan’s favourite’. I presume they didn’t read this forum as per of their research!

An interesting read. Klopp’s comments quite telling: described him as ‘a real talent’ but rebuked him for chasing a pay day.

He’s also labelled an Oxford ‘fan’s favourite’. I presume they didn’t read this forum as per of their research!
Truly depressing article

That agent, Aidy Ward, sounds like a real piece of sh*t.

Might give Barnsley v Charlton a watch today.

Robbie Cundy and Herbie Kane start for Barnsley. Sean Clare starts right back for Charlton.

Also playing are the elusive Nicky Cadden, Rak-Sakyi and James Norwood who we've been strongly linked with recently.

Be interesting to see how these approach a game compared to our servings this season..

Back
Top Bottom