Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.44: Shrewsbury away

I made the mistake of reading this .....
We was at the game , and it was not the horrible story told here , yes 2 points dropped by a goal which should have been saved by Cummings end of the day!

On the basis that this team seem unable to score many goals, and unable to defend either, it would not surprise me if every game ended in a draw

It’s not a great watch at the moment , season ticket sales will be “interesting”with what’s happening on the pitch

I made the mistake of reading this .....
We was at the game , and it was not the horrible story told here , yes 2 points dropped by a goal which should have been saved by Cummings end of the day!
I can see why some people have this view. But for me this type of performance isn't untypical. Given the players we have we should be doing much better in games like this than we are. Defending was poor. Finishing was poor. Record under Buckingham is very poor.
Today though is another day. I think we'll win and win well.

On the basis that this team seem unable to score many goals, and unable to defend either, it would not surprise me if every game ended in a draw

It’s not a great watch at the moment , season ticket sales will be “interesting”with what’s happening on the pitch
Some of us will just buy them anyway because that's what we do.

What an appalling read, no mention of drinking establishments, home fan interaction or financial background just a match report really 😉😂 but have to agree with a lot of it.

Yep. Can't disagree with much of that Paul.
The players were suggesting before the game that the performance was far less important that the 3 points. We should have won the game comfortably, but we are not a remotely resilient team. We regularly go one up, bit rarely look like we will keep the lead.
The frustrating thing is that we have thrown away so many points where just decent defending wouod have seen us through some of these games.
It is still I our hands, but does anybody think that we are good enough?
Let's just win today.

Thanks Paul,
We started off quite well.
Some decent interplay with the ball actually along the ground.
But, well we know the rest .
I think we’ve now dropped points in 12 games after going ahead .
I’m generally a glass half full .
I felt empty at the end.

I can see why some people have this view. But for me this type of performance isn't untypical. Given the players we have we should be doing much better in games like this than we are. Defending was poor. Finishing was poor. Record under Buckingham is very poor.
Today though is another day. I think we'll win and win well.
I agree with you. It was a good atmosphere in away end but we should have won easily. It was a lame performance however you look at it

I would say being unable to score and unable to defend would indicate losing more often than not.

What an appalling read, no mention of drinking establishments, home fan interaction or financial background just a match report really 😉😂 but have to agree with a lot of it.
:) - pubs the usual. Cross Foxes and Prince of Wales. Don't think I interacted with any Shropshire lads on this occasion. Financial backgrounds only when we have a home game.

Back
Top Bottom