EPL FFP (Financial Fair Play)

Surely points deductions should kick in the following season, it messes up the competition if teams’ points totals are fluctuating randomly because of deductions and appeals.
Technically the accounts that are announced are from the previous year so any points deductions should be given at the end of March.

I suppose the argument is that if you absolutely hammer the rules you should get a worse punishment than someone who goes a bit over it.

Proof will be in how Man City get dealt with, I think we all know they are not getting taken to the cleaners as they have the double protection of incredibly wealthy owners who can afford to drag it out and also it will make a joke of the last 3 seasons of the premier league if it’s champions are found guilty.
If Man City aren’t dealt with properly then expect law suits from Everton, Forest and Leicester just for starters!

If Man City aren’t dealt with properly then expect law suits from Everton, Forest and Leicester just for starters!

It’s the case that quite obviously has the premier league shitting themselves, they can’t really win whatever they do, expect it to be pushed back again.

It’s the case that quite obviously has the premier league shitting themselves, they can’t really win whatever they do, expect it to be pushed back again.
They have already stated that it won’t be started until Autumn next year, not sure how much further they can keep kicking the can down the road!

Everton can do one. They've avoided relegation through the help of cheating, by 4 points in 21/22 and 2 points in 22/23. And being helped to avoid relegation this season by a pathetically low points deduction for 2 separate offences which should have been 20 points deducted. And ironically it means they'll get the PL riches next season as well.

As said, I hope whoever is 3rd from bottom and even the others in relegation spots take legal action which causes absolute chaos for the PL. As that is what the PL management and Disciplinary Committees deserve.

It is amazing to think we got 5 points deducted for playing Eddie Hutchinson who had been our player for ages by that point.

Personally, I hope Man City only get a few points deduction now as that will just show the farce that is football administration. Good luck to the new football regulator having to deal with these shysters.

Everton can do one. They've avoided relegation through the help of cheating, by 4 points in 21/22 and 2 points in 22/23. And being helped to avoid relegation this season by a pathetically low points deduction for 2 separate offences which should have been 20 points deducted. And ironically it means they'll get the PL riches next season as well.

As said, I hope whoever is 3rd from bottom and even the others in relegation spots take legal action which causes absolute chaos for the PL. As that is what the PL management and Disciplinary Committees deserve.

It is amazing to think we got 5 points deducted for playing Eddie Hutchinson who had been our player for ages by that point.

Personally, I hope Man City only get a few points deduction now as that will just show the farce that is football administration. Good luck to the new football regulator having to deal with these shysters.
I agree with Everton completely. The fact they are still appealing the 2 points just shows pure arrogance.

I can see Man City getting a hefty fine which the owners won’t even blink at and potentially stripped of their titles in that period.

The problem in sport now is that the gap between the very top and the rest is so huge that penalties don't really make a difference. Look at F1. Red Bull exceed the number of approved engines, get a 10 place grid penalty and stroll through the pack to be leading the race after 10 laps.

Equally, Man City could be deducted 20 points tomorrow and would still likely over take Villa and Spurs to finish in the top 4. They could also win the Champions League and FA Cup and the money they make from this will outweigh any likely fine.

If Man City don’t win the league then the PL could worm out of it by deducting them however many points it would take for them to still qualify for the Champions league, therefore not really making much difference to their season but be seen to have done something

I think it should be noted that Everton and Forest are strategically accepting the charges and taking their penalties in a season where the bottom 3 have very low points tallies so have a chance of avoiding relegation.

If they were more at risk, I would expect them to be kicking up more of a fuss.

I think it should be noted that Everton and Forest are strategically accepting the charges and taking their penalties in a season where the bottom 3 have very low points tallies so have a chance of avoiding relegation.

If they were more at risk, I would expect them to be kicking up more of a fuss.
They have both appealed haven't they?

Football is in a mess financially. Across the board there isn’t enough being done to make the sport sustainable. We’re equally in a heap of trouble if things go south and I’m convinced that is the situation for most league clubs.

Premier League is seen as the promised land but there are a lot of riches to rags clubs at the moment and very few have the staying power to go back up from the championship, and more regularly they are coming down to league 1 and bombing.

They've appealed the punishment not the conviction
I don't think they really have grounds for that from what I've heard. Forest were querying the fact they had a lower threshold to stay within due to not being in the EPL for the entirety of the assessment period, and I know Everton were arguing for COVID exemptions.

Man city should lose any titles gained whilst cheating and also be relegated to the championship

As for Everton and Nottingham forest well then cheated but were still s**t so didn't really make much difference

Football really isn't a sport for the working man anymore the more successful your team the less likely you will be able to afford to actually go and watch them

I suppose at least City broke the rules and succeeded. The rest broke the rules and were still shite.

The punishment they do get will probably stop them winning the league but they will still qualify for the champions league, so it will barely hurt them, then these rules will make it harder for clubs to catch them so by breaking the rules when they did they will and as heavily as they did they have probably set themselves up for the future, was worth them doing it.

Football is in a mess financially. Across the board there isn’t enough being done to make the sport sustainable. We’re equally in a heap of trouble if things go south and I’m convinced that is the situation for most league clubs.

Premier League is seen as the promised land but there are a lot of riches to rags clubs at the moment and very few have the staying power to go back up from the championship, and more regularly they are coming down to league 1 and bombing.

This ^^^^^^^^^^.

Games well & truly gone.

Man city should lose any titles gained whilst cheating and also be relegated to the championship

As for Everton and Nottingham forest well then cheated but were still s**t so didn't really make much difference

Football really isn't a sport for the working man anymore the more successful your team the less likely you will be able to afford to actually go and watch them

Never going to happen, if the premier league did that then Man City's lawyers get it overturned you are talking a bankrupt premier league, plus it would be dragged out over so many years. The legal representation Man City can afford and the amount of time and money they are willing to put into it to save face is enough to terrify the premier league, how do you beat an oil rich state in the law courts? They are never going to run out of money fighting it.

Never going to happen, if the premier league did that then Man City's lawyers get it overturned you are talking a bankrupt premier league, plus it would be dragged out over so many years. The legal representation Man City can afford and the amount of time and money they are willing to put into it to save face is enough to terrify the premier league, how do you beat an oil rich state in the law courts? They are never going to run out of money fighting it.

Just have to look at some of the ticket prices in the Championship. Southampton fans are having to pay £47 for an away ticket at Leeds on the last day of the season!

Back
Top Bottom