League Two Harrison Biggins

Biggins!!! (Steve not Wayne or Harrison but hey ho any excuse!). 2-1 to United in extra time in the 2nd replay - what a night that was.

Difficult to believe it was over 40 years ago. Have we played on a Monday night that wasn't a Bank Holiday since then? I suspect not.

Wayne Biggins only made ten appearances and scored one for us. Steve Biggins what a player

Wayne Biggins only made ten appearances and scored one for us. Steve Biggins what a player

Wayne Biggins was brought in after John Byrne left. Didn't make anywhere near the same impact.

However, his departure did mean we were able to sign Martin Aldridge.

He scored 2 in 11+4 appearances (in all comps) according to rageonline. He was a veteran but he made Lee Jarman look nimble and fast!

I saw his first goal in the Lg Cup away to Hereford United (I remember pleasant weather but not a lot else bar a rubbish away section) and he scored Vs York at home. Both games were 2-0 wins with Matt Murphy (think his was a decent finish but could be wrong) scoring the other at Hereford and Matt Elliott Vs York.

Not quite Anthrobus levels but he was a poor signing.

You are spot on with Steve Biggins.

Edit:

Both his goals were penalties so don't count. :)

I was also wrong on Matt Murphy's effort as it was a run of the mill finish.

And the 2nd leg of the Hereford tie:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom