Henry Landers(striker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really understood the phrase 'cut the mustard'.

Mustard doesn't need cutting, particularly in these days of squeezy tubes.

Well now that is something more interesting than this thread.
It’s believed to originate from cutting mustard seeds or even mustard plants, which are stringy and very tough.
I’ll get my coat.

National league is full time professionals

Nope, you are wrong. Maidenhead are part time as are Sutton, Solihull Moors, Bromley, Harrogate Town, Dover Athletic, AFC Halifax Town, Boreham Wood, Braintree Town, Havant & Waterlooville and Maidstone Utd this season. They are more involved than the likes of North Leigh and Didcot but they are not full time like Leyton Orient, Wrexham, Salford etc so you need to do your research when watching Maidenhead next season.

All in all his name was put on here as a young man scoring goals. .local and talented. .he has scored 24 Goals in a tough mens league. .maybe not the answer for OUFC....but will learn his trade at non league. .again the lad is only 18 and has years ahead of him...I forgot one wish him all the best. .

Nope, you are wrong. Maidenhead are part time as are Sutton, Solihull Moors, Bromley, Harrogate Town, Dover Athletic, AFC Halifax Town, Boreham Wood, Braintree Town, Havant & Waterlooville and Maidstone Utd this season. They are more involved than the likes of North Leigh and Didcot but they are not full time like Leyton Orient, Wrexham, Salford etc so you need to do your research when watching Maidenhead next season.
Really?

Please stop. I genuinely wish him all the best, but you're not doing him any favours. Can you imagine the additional pressure on him now if he does make it to the first team at Oxford?

I hope he's as amazing as has been suggested (and the clips suggest). I hope he ends up at OUFC. But just let him do it himself.

All this is very sad, Landers is obviously a talented young man, but only at the lower non league level, however he now has a chance to shine in a semi professional side where he will get noticed a damn sight quicker than he would at North Leigh. He obviously is one that I'm sure OUFC know about and may keep an eye on or not and I'm also sure other L1/2 Re aware about, but for now please close this thread and let it re-open if and it is and if he starts CUTTING THE MUSTARD in the conference Premier.

Keep the thread open and perhaps Eastendyellow can provide us with a full match report from all of Maidenhead's games (including pre-season) with a focus on how the Wunderkind Landers is getting on. Very good of Maidenhead to train up the young man before he becomes our 30 goal a season man for the next decade.

It's a bit like those studies on TV where they take a child from birth and see how they progress through life and its challenges at key milestones. For us, Henry Landers is that child and I shall be at Wembley when he leads England out as Captain shedding an emotional tear to see our little boy all grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom