Dot Counting Home Sellout for Boxing Day vs Cambridge

Attendance tracking
I’ve got other, some would say bigger fish to fry right now but as far as I’m concerned no one should ever be saying that there can’t be productive communication between fans and the club. It’s always worth trying. It’s just needs the right people.
Really? And just who are these "right people" or, just what makes someone the right person? Are you saying that OxVox, OUSP and others are not the right people? Anyone who "moans" on here is not right?
The original point made was that the club look at this forum and react. I've advocated that they should be proactive, engage the right people and engage with the right people. Many others are now seeing that and are complaining, not moaning, complaining. It should not come to the point that this forum is leading the interaction with supporters/fans. That is something the club should have as a given function. That it doesn't is grounds for more than just a moan or two, it is criminal.

9.30pm update and 267 home seats left now.

Only 2 in the East Stand, 21 in the North Stand and 57 in the South Stand Upper. There are 187 left in the South Stand Lower of which 145 are in the end Block 1 nearest the open end.

That means total home seat sales so far of 9,477 (if all front rows were made available) and overall home sales (including boxes of around 9,750.

Really? And just who are these "right people" or, just what makes someone the right person? Are you saying that OxVox, OUSP and others are not the right people? Anyone who "moans" on here is not right?
The original point made was that the club look at this forum and react. I've advocated that they should be proactive, engage the right people and engage with the right people. Many others are now seeing that and are complaining, not moaning, complaining. It should not come to the point that this forum is leading the interaction with supporters/fans. That is something the club should have as a given function. That it doesn't is grounds for more than just a moan or two, it is criminal.
Moaning, or rather complaining as you put it, on here is worthless unless someone does something with it. It’s not Brexit level negotiation really is it…
Whoever/ whichever, just talk to the club, then come back and tell us it worked/ failed and then we can have a damn good moan or hoist you shoulder high through the streets of Blackbird Leys. Make it happen.

Moaning, or rather complaining as you put it, on here is worthless unless someone does something with it. It’s not Brexit level negotiation really is it…
Whoever/ whichever, just talk to the club, then come back and tell us it worked/ failed and then we can have a damn good moan or hoist you shoulder high through the streets of Blackbird Leys. Make it happen.
Even though several posters have pointed it out to you already, I’ll do it again, the club put out posts on social media about tickets remaining for Boxing Day on the back of reading comments on this very forum.
You might want to dismiss what is said on this forum but the club read this platform and have, for too long, reacted by comments in the social media postings.

So you may think making comments on this forum as pointless, the reaction from the club shows otherwise.

Even though several posters have pointed it out to you already, I’ll do it again, the club put out posts on social media about tickets remaining for Boxing Day on the back of reading comments on this very forum.
You might want to dismiss what is said on this forum but the club read this platform and have, for too long, reacted by comments in the social media postings.

So you may think making comments on this forum as pointless, the reaction from the club shows otherwise.
“The club don’t listen to the fans”

“f**k the club, they listened to us”

This is a strange thread to be looking for a fight over, and with all the wrong posters!

No one is looking to give the club a kicking, no one is moaning for the sake of it.

We're just seeing a number of well intended posters expressing frustration at the way the club is a bit too passive and a bit too bland with its marketing and communication. The club would argue that season ticket sales have increased, attendance is up, and we'll see back to back crowds that are well over 10,000. And they'd be right. But it's not unfair to say that with a little imagination and good chunk more spark could see us doing so much better.

We don't need Saatchi & Saatchi or some random tiktok flashmob trending, we just need those who get paid to get information out to the paying public early and often, and to do so in a way that grabs people attention.

If the club gave us all the social media some of you seem to want, you'd all be complaining about being bombarded with notifications.

I know that I'm more positive than most, but the frustrating thing is that what you're asking for is really basic and yet we seem to get it wrong time and time again.

The 10k threads were started in January 2022 in order to spike a bit of interest and atmosphere. The simple fact that we were talking up the attendance on here, along with your daily sales updates, created a real buzz. We were lucky to have some big games and a run of last minute winners which helped keep that buzz going, but it was the first time that people were talking about the attendance as well as the performance and results.

Although the results fell away at the end of that season we had something to really build on, but we had an awful season ticket launch, communication and marketing became non-existent, and Robinson had his meltdown whilst the powers to be dropped the ball with player recruitment.

Things have improved in a number of areas, but we still can't get some of these easy things right. We should have been promoting the Boxing Day and Derby games prior to the Burton game as well as the half season tickets. We could have even had someone on hand to help people sign up to the online accounts. Then we should have used all the media that followed the win to promote these games. Not just the normal Chris Williams lines about the crowd being great and "we go again", but specifically referencing that we're looking to sell out the next two fixtures, and pre-order will be essential.

Then we had from Sunday onwards where we could have been putting social media that had things like "What do you get someone that has everything for Christmas? Oxford tickets!" or even putting together a cheesy video clip of someone unwrapping their presents to find a pair of socks, a rubbish jumper, and a pair of Oxford tickets before beaming to camera and saying that it's the perfect Christmas! It only takes a little imagination and a willingness to make things happen.

Even today, when there is finally a release, its functional but its all a little bland. Nothing that gets the blood going or making people rush online to book. Nothing that encourages people to share the social media with others or get their kids involved. Not even the bloody Grinch again!!

I'm sure that there are people from the club who read these posts, so please have a look at what is going out and give thought to how this can be so much better.
It’s very funny to me that if the playing side go on a terrible run of defeats you literally defend them with everything you’ve got, but if the club doesn’t quite market a game as you’d like you write a critical essay bemoaning it 🤣

It’s very funny to me that if the playing side go on a terrible run of defeats you literally defend them with everything you’ve got, but if the club doesn’t quite market a game as you’d like you write a critical essay bemoaning it 🤣

I find it funny that you think this is a critical essay!

To be fair I generally like it when people strongly support the coalface workers and hold the management to account.

Disappointing on two fronts; 1. That the club don’t value their fans enough to listen to their input. 2. That this is insurmountable.
We’re not talking Northern Ireland or the Middle East though are we…
Although I suppose you will know better than me whether all the right people have spoken to all the right people in the right way at the right time and we’ve ended up here.
Well, I'd say it is insurmountable if someone has been successfully helping the club (at no cost to the club) and then the owners install a new regime to run the club, and this regime parachutes people in (at high cost to the club) to do some of these very same things, while sidelining the individual who had previously been helping the club. It's not even as if these people are doing a better job. In that situation what would you suggest, begging?

I've highlighted your second point as I'm not talking about a suggestion box type scenario, where the suggestion never reaches the right person. I'm talking horses mouth and people at the very top of the club hierarchy, so yes, the right people.

Well, I'd say it is insurmountable if someone has been successfully helping the club (at no cost to the club) and then the owners install a new regime to run the club, and this regime parachutes people in (at high cost to the club) to do some of these very same things, while sidelining the individual who had previously been helping the club. It's not even as if these people are doing a better job. In that situation what would you suggest, begging?

I've highlighted your second point as I'm not talking about a suggestion box type scenario, where the suggestion never reaches the right person. I'm talking horses mouth and people at the very top of the club hierarchy, so yes, the right people.
First point; briefly, if you or someone else has been doing a good job and the club now don’t recognise that then I’d try and negotiate a continuation for that person or accept that sometimes a new broom comes with new management, says thanks and walk away. Sounds a shame to do that but sometimes that’s for the best. Second, I’m guessing you’re saying that the right person knows what the issues are, but things aren’t changing and won’t change. If that’s the case, we won’t solve that one here, that one’s down to negotiations outside of an internet forum.
By the way, if you’re the one referred to in the first paragraph, sounds like you’ve had a rough time of it, we all like to be appreciated even if we don’t need it.

Back
Top Bottom