Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

No. As others said, it was a tongue in cheek comment that was used to reinforce that no one else will be going.

He won’t go. Sees it as a long term project and accepts that at least for now we are a selling club. He still has a nucleus of well above average players. There’s still money there for more and the foundations for the future are being built

He won’t go. Sees it as a long term project and accepts that at least for now we are a selling club. He still has a nucleus of well above average players. There’s still money there for more and the foundations for the future are being built

Like Brannighan and Dickie are going to stay beyond the endof this season now

really? not seen much/any of it being spent on players in the last few days

Massive respect for him
He went on the 5 minute forum when he didn’t have to and took the questions. NMcW would have bluffed his way through it but KR took it on the chin.
He must have known we were likely to lose some players and as stated on other threads Fosu was definitely off, hence Browne coming in.
He has said many times that he would only get players to improve the squad so rather than chuck money at players maybe there was nobody who was worth it or not allowed to come here.
The only thing I’m puzzled about is the RB from Scotland ,O Donnell?
Why did it take so long for him to say he didn’t want to move South, we should have been aware of this

No. As others said, it was a tongue in cheek comment that was used to reinforce that no one else will be going.

No truer word said in jest.

Not saying he’ll go, but I bet he’s mightily pissed off.

I reckon come the summer he could walk, especially if another club with true ambition were to show him interest where he doesn’t have to flog himself to death being the front man on many fronts, then he’ll seriously consider it.

I reckon come the summer he could walk, especially if another club with true ambition were to show him interest where he doesn’t have to flog himself to death being the front man on many fronts, then he’ll seriously consider it.

If you speak with Robinson you will know that he loves being part of every aspect of the club. That, along with being closer to home, was the main reason he came here. I'm sure he isn't happy, all managers want more, but I think that he knows the bigger picture and will still be confident achieving things with this squad. The recruitment team have generally done very well over the last 12 months, and have closed some very good deals. But, as with the playing side, we should always look to improve what we have. I'm not sure that a Director of Football is the model needed, but certainly we could and should learn from anything that hasn't worked in the last few weeks.

He knows the situation at Oxford better than anybody. We are selling club for the time being which won’t change anytime soon.

He must see the club progressing and be happy to stay. We’ve had good cup runs, good attendances and doing well in the league.
The club appears to be on very solid foundations now. I would have liked to keep the two players that have left, but we’ve turned a very good profit.
Players returning from injury will help our cause too.
Not sure how long Eastwood will go on for but we need some decent back up in my opinion. We could do with another player who can score us a few goals too.
If we can stay reasonably injury free we should enjoy a good end to the season.
Automatics still possible, but I think Coventry, Ipswich and Sunderland will finish ahead of us

He must see the club progressing and be happy to stay. We’ve had good cup runs, good attendances and doing well in the league.
The club appears to be on very solid foundations now. I would have liked to keep the two players that have left, but we’ve turned a very good profit.
Players returning from injury will help our cause too.
Not sure how long Eastwood will go on for but we need some decent back up in my opinion. We could do with another player who can score us a few goals too.
If we can stay reasonably injury free we should enjoy a good end to the season.
Automatics still possible, but I think Coventry, Ipswich and Sunderland will finish ahead of us

And Portsmouth and Peterborough

What Robinson has proved is that he can get a team together that play good football and he hasn’t broken the bank to get it. This makes him a very tempting commodity for any cost wary chairman further up the food chain.
I would be surprised if he doesn’t get offered a new challenge elsewhere before the end of this season. Depending on who it is and where it is and how he feels about the situation here will be crucial on whether he decides enough is enough.
After all, he walked out of Charlton when they were set fair for promotion.

If we start sliding away from the top 6 and he starts to think he’s taken us as far as he can under the current financial parameters, who knows..? He’s built up a good reputation recently, would he want to hang around and tarnish it? I guess it all depends on what he’s being told by Tiger and Zaki behind closed doors.

In fairness though he can’t complain to much can he. I think they’ve backed him for the most part. I don’t know what our wage budget is but it must be one of the highest in league 1. Some of our players are not exactly cheap are they.
I think he was well aware that if a big money bid came in then we would have to sell because that’s the business model. I think he enjoys developing players.

A club with true ambition what does that mean? In some ways running a football year on year losing nearly 2m is pretty ambitious? Or fool hardy? Were Sunderland ambitious bringing in grigg?

Back
Top Bottom