National News King Charles III proclamation fails

But your family, although "privileged" has not used their inherited "privilege" to have laws altered to benefit themselves I assume. They are not exempted from inheritance taxes (and indeed their estates kept officially secret in exemption from the requirement that they be published, decided by private court sessions where there can be no representation or reporting), their workplace is not exempt from certain H&S and equality laws (160 laws in total since 1967)? Police are allowed to enter their premises (with warrant if required) without their express permission to investigate crime?

Correct, but that is just how the pyramid of our society works.

The Crown Estate and its subsidiaries' all "work for the Country as a whole" since 1760 when the Civil List was created - even that has changed and evolved over time and will continue to do so. The CE pays tax as well as generating a lot of income, employment etc.

Footnote: The Monarch doesn`t need a driving licence or a passport and can`t be charged with any crime. :)

Think the FSA are involved in it.... would say they are a fairly safe source.

That letter doesn’t look real to me.

I know clubs can make errors on official letters but that seems too amateurish.

Maybe not the thread for it but if this is true, maybe don’t be a t**t about stuff on social media? It’s in the public domain and whilst your 10 followers (hello FOSB) may like what you say, someone else won’t.

Think before you post, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it all, act in haste, repent at leisure. All idioms that have been lost to time in the age of instant messaging.

Correct, but that is just how the pyramid of our society works.

The Crown Estate and its subsidiaries' all "work for the Country as a whole" since 1760 when the Civil List was created - even that has changed and evolved over time and will continue to do so. The CE pays tax as well as generating a lot of income, employment etc.

Footnote: The Monarch doesn`t need a driving licence or a passport and can`t be charged with any crime. :)
it may have been there since 1760, but doesn't mean it shouldn't change. I don't suppose in 1760 they envisioned the Dutchy of Cornwall being worth £1billion and being mostly made up of land outside Cornwall, including things like the Oval Cricket Ground.

That letter doesn’t look real to me.

I know clubs can make errors on official letters but that seems too amateurish.

Maybe not the thread for it but if this is true, maybe don’t be a t**t about stuff on social media? It’s in the public domain and whilst your 10 followers (hello FOSB) may like what you say, someone else won’t.

Think before you post, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it all, act in haste, repent at leisure. All idioms that have been lost to time in the age of instant messaging.
I know some Chelsea fans that received club bans on letters that looked like a 10 year old had typed them up, so wouldn't be surprised if it was real.

Apparently FairCop tweeted they are already helping the supporter with the ban so seems like a legitimate one on this occasion.

The supporters tweet was about booing during the minute silence for the Queen at the Preston game on Saturday. The tweet read as obvious "edgy" humour from someone who is clearly not a fan of the monarchy. Adding #pnefc he was clearly looking for attention, he certainly got the clubs attention! :ROFLMAO:

Except they are almost all 100% over hyped by those with an agenda, rather than seeing it as good policing.

You can be arrested for your own protection especially if you are on the verge of a kicking from an emotional crowd. Applies to two cases one in Scotland and (shamefully), one in Oxford. Good policing.

You can make this argument for the guy in Oxford. He was arrested, but then de-arrested. Maybe that was to prevent him from getting a kicking, and good policing.

The two protestors in Edinburgh are actually being charged. How is that for their own protection?

got to say it seems a spurious use of a copyright claim by the council in getting that taken down.

That is truly sad and likely way too late. It will probably give the situation a whole new lease of life in Torbay.

Breach of the peace/a Public order offence?

Wouldn't be covered by Priti Awful's Police Bill would it?
If you're arrested for Breach of the Peace (it's a catch all offence for whatever the officer fancies), you would normally be de-arrested once you have been removed from the situation that was causing the breach, couldn't believe I saw someone in Scotland actually be charged for it (I will be shocked if it isn't dropped), for Section 5 Public Order you'd be praying the custody skipper didn't laugh you out of custody after promptly refusing to authorise the prisoners detention if all they did was call Prince Andrew a nonce.

Back
Top Bottom