Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I was at Marlow. My brother was a Marlow player at the time as well (thankfully suspended for the game)

I was also at THAT Southend game as well, bloody Ricky Otto...

I was at both as well. Both grim.

I remember a shocker of a game away at Scunthorpe. Don't think the scoreline looked that bad but the performance was horrific.

Not going amazingly well for Liam so far

Attachments

• IMG_3315.png
    IMG_3315.png
    781.4 KB · Views: 18
I was at both as well. Both grim.

I remember a shocker of a game away at Scunthorpe. Don't think the scoreline looked that bad but the performance was horrific.
One at Scunthorpe that stands out for me would have been 2003, late in the season. Lost 2-0 I think, abject performance. We had some shockers there around that time.

I was at the Marlow and 1-6 at Southend but the first time Oxford proved infallible to me was the twon0-3 defeats in a week against Sheff Weds at Home and Watford away which basically meant relegation was going to happen from Div 1 .
Little did I know just how much worse it was going to get !

Yes Droylsdon, that was shockingly, atrociously, very, very bad. Losing 1-3 at Droylsdon were bottom of table, hadn't won in 10 or something and and I'm sure we played with about 5 centre halfs.
And then Yemi flicked the Vs at the away fans who dared to have a go at the team at full time. I think it was also on telly so all could see the humiliation*.

*well Setanta Sports so perhaps not many did.

And then Yemi flicked the Vs at the away fans who dared to have a go at the team at full time. I think it was also on telly so all could see the humiliation*.

The "highlights" of that game are still on youtube, I had somehow managed to wipe that result from my memory!

Tonbridge Angels anyone?

And I remember an away game at Notts County, late 90's/early 00's where we were utter dog s**t but still managed a 1-0 win due to a backpass that bobbled and went under the County keepers foot....right in front of the Oxford fans too🤣

It’s never not funny. A prime slice of crap 90s football.

Dr Dicky to you sir.

Anyone remember Lincoln at home? Think we only lost by a goal or two but it should have been 0-7. Awful awful

I think it was this one. I remember it being dreadful and almost laughable how many goals they had disallowed.

The attendance of 4089 😨.

The winning goal was scored by Franny Green as well ….

Yemi had a habit of kicking off with away fans back then. I remember a game away at Northwich and he confronted a group of fans as we lost.

Tonbridge Angels anyone?

And I remember an away game at Notts County, late 90's/early 00's where we were utter dog s**t but still managed a 1-0 win due to a backpass that bobbled and went under the County keepers foot....right in front of the Oxford fans too🤣
"Scored" by former yellow Mark Warren as well...

If you pulled your head out of your a**e for one moment and really thought about it, you would realise that it is not actually that simple, unless your sole objective is greed.

If Manning truly believed in himself and his ability to get us promoted he could have had a promotion to the Championship on his CV in a matter of months.

His stock would have improved further and his options/earning capacity would have become much wider and more lucrative.

Sometimes it’s about seeing the bigger picture and playing the longer, more measured, game.

If you truly believe that Manning was the man to take us up, I suspect that in the longer run even you would have to agree that his decision to leave in the manner that he did will probably have cost him financially.

However, I suspect your love for him makes you too blind to see it, or perhaps you are just thick.
Manning has already been sacked by a league 1 club, if results had followed the same course under him as they have under Des he would be under pressure here. I dont blame him for leaving, I think 99% of people would do the same, it was the way he did it that was s**t.

Five defeats in the last six.

To top off a very weird week, Manning getting the sack would be very apt.

Back
Top Bottom