Current Player Marcus Browne

It's a real shame. as he was starting to show some real form, but I think we have to accept, that Browne is a crock, and due to him being sooooooo injury prone, he can't be considered first choice, simply a very good option when he is actually fit, for a handful of games.

He went off injured last week for god sake, and now this, and we have to accept that for all his ability, he's a gingerbread man, and his fitness and availability is always going to be a problem.

With that in mind, I think we need to get rid of Murphy, who's role has only ever been to play when he fancies it, which evidently isn't very often, and bring in a quality first choice winger, and then use Browne in the Murphy role, as in, when he's fit for a few games, play him, until he gets injured again, but at least when he's inevitably out for weeks/months at a time, we've got a quality first choice winger already in place.

Unlike Murphy though, who clearly doesn't have what it takes to be a professional footballer, at least when Browne is fit, he'll actually contribute.

Shame about Browne who looked excellent- better and better game by game .

Those who abuse Murphy are welcome to their opinion- mine is that without his contribution we’d be in League 2

Those who abuse Murphy are welcome to their opinion- mine is that without his contribution we’d be in League 2
With a more useful contribution in the 40+ prior games, we may have been spared sweating it right to the end. He sat on his hands as we continued to spiral downwards. He’s not stupid, he knows if he gave us just 75% of his best, he’d win games on his own some days.

I agree with you that he made a considerable contribution that day but jesus…. Where the hell was he the rest of the time?? Zero forgiveness from me and zero thanks. Stupidly, he was one of few players that got me out of my seat at all last year but I think he’s been a disastrous signing.

I’d rather hand praise to players who stuck at it despite being sent out to perform like an underprepared circus act. Even Eastwood - costly as he was - deserves infinitely more thanks than Murphy for simply being there. Turning up for his take-home. Findlay - never ever sulked or shirked a game despite being miserable, unwanted and bereft of confidence. O’Donkor, running his lungs out chasing lost causes for the team at 17/18. These are the people that kept us up, not Murphy.

Sooner he’s out, the better. He’s really the only part of the KR legacy that still lingers and he’s still overlooked in favour of teenagers. Park him up and focus on people who want your club to win more than themselves.

Are you for real?!? What contribution exactly?

Murphy, who's role has only ever been to play when he fancies it, which evidently isn't very often
The problem I have with this point of view is: How do we know when he’s not selected it’s because he ‘doesn’t fancy it’?

Maybe he massively fancied playing against Derby, and Barnsley, and was begging the manager, but ultimately didn’t get selected for some other reason?

Did Woltman not make the squad because he, too, didn’t fancy playing?

Last edited:
I must say I'm not surprised.

I find it quite sad really. Whenever I watch browne, it's quite evident how much ability he has. It just looks to me that he is constantly managing his body in fear of another injury. He doesn't trust himself.
Even when he initially bursts past another player he then looks to have the brakes on.

Im afraid he is going to struggle to have any sort of career at a decent level.

It’s a take. He arguably won us the Cheltenham game which was the one that kept us up. But as said above he had forty previous games in which to make an impression
Ultimately a player who was signed - and paid - to get us over the line for promotion helping us narrowly avoid relegation instead will never be quite the coup it was presented as

Browne is a great player, fit and in full flow, but he's a 15-20 game a season player. I had this debate with, I think, Scotchegg when we signed Browne and Baldock. He argued they weren't injury risks and that there was no reason why they couldn't remain fit - they were never going to, neither of them. One look at their career stats tells you that. Browne's entire career has been stop start and I think it will remain that way until he retires unfortunately. He also has to be nursed back and that takes 5 games for him to find his feet. He is a game changer and there's some mileage in the argument that he can impact our season in those 15-20 games but you also need someone virtually as good to replace him and impact the rest of the season when he's out. You can chuck a kid in to cover 5 games but not 25 and expect him to give us what Browne can.

Yes hopefully there is space for a winger on loan and marriott signed yet.

Back
Top Bottom