Matches Meridian & BBC South 'highlights'

Sarge

God like member
as the matchday thread from Saturday has already been archived ! here's this 'moan' about lack of OUFC coverage on the post weekend sport round up on both 'local' channels

Meridian managed to miss showing Matty's 2nd goal
( they did mention Joeys passing)

BBC South managed to miss showing Sam Baldocks goal
( the BBC Oxford section had a sizable tribute to Joey including mentioning that OUFC are donating to MIND from this Saturday's home game)

IF damn Pompey or Reading had scored 4 goals away I bet ALL the goals would've be shown

as the matchday thread from Saturday has already been archived ! here's this 'moan' about lack of OUFC coverage on the post weekend sport round up on both 'local' channels

( the BBC Oxford section had a sizable tribute to Joey including mentioning that OUFC are donating to MIND from this Saturday's home game)

IF damn Pompey or Reading had scored 4 goals away I bet ALL the goals would've be shown
We would have missed out on a 4 minute segment about a Horse in Devon having a tree fall around it if the highlights were any longer.

Get a grip Jerome and sort it out

It’s not BBC Oxford at 6.30pm. It’s an arbitrary ‘South’ region that covers everything from Weymouth over to Southampton and up to Banbury and it serves no one particularly well. Why anyone in Witney needs to know the sailing conditions on the Solent is anyones guess.

BBC Oxford at 10.30pm generally has more relevant news.

It’s not BBC Oxford at 6.30pm. It’s an arbitrary ‘South’ region that covers everything from Weymouth over to Southampton and up to Banbury and it serves no one particularly well. Why anyone in Witney needs to know the sailing conditions on the Solent is anyones guess.

BBC Oxford news is from 1830-1840/45 then it joins up with the main South Today show, from Southampton.

It's still up:

My comment is in regard to the coverage of our games. I remember Pompey losing 3 or 4 - 2 all 5/6 goals were shown we won 3-0 only 2 of our goals shown.
As regards the news the firstn10-12 minutes are in our region which includes that lot down the road up to MK the rest is down south that’s in the BBC

We would have missed out on a 4 minute segment about a Horse in Devon having a tree fall around it if the highlights were any longer.

Hey, that was pretty remarkable.

I've stopped watching BBC South news for goals anyway, as when our goals were moved from the Oxford* section we automatically became an afterthought to Southampton, Pompey and Bournemouth. If I wanted to watch news or sport from the South Coast, I'd do so via the iPlayer or online, not via our supposedly local news.

On the other hand BBC Radio Oxford is superb in its coverage of Oxford United and better than many clubs in the FL, certainly L1 and L2, get.

*For want of a better name.

I've stopped watching BBC South news for goals anyway, as when our goals were moved from the Oxford* section we automatically became an afterthought to Southampton, Pompey and Bournemouth. If I wanted to watch news or sport from the South Coast, I'd do so via the iPlayer or online, not via our supposedly local news.

On the other hand BBC Radio Oxford is superb in its coverage of Oxford United and better than many clubs in the FL, certainly L1 and L2, get.

You forgot Reading

Same here, never watch the local news on TV now, especially as the goal highlights package is up on YouTube around 3 hours after every match.

Back
Top Bottom