Manager/Coach Odd situation.

I am pretty much on the same page- however no-one has been suggesting L B-S should make the step up when he has more experience of managing a side of players.
Mous has the full complement of badges and has a wealth of experience from other clubs and their managers. Would be a fantastic appt here.

Reckon he's seen the s**t show that's going on here and would never have a chance, still what a result for him, he must be pinching himself, wish him nothing but the best if he gets the gig.
Agreed, he's been close enough to see the goings on at the club, and possibly wouldn't want the job here, especially if the clown was still around. With the goings on , it has been more like a badly run circus rather than a football club this season.

John Mousinho holds the highest coaching badge it is possible to obtain. He has a full UEFA Pro Licence. He’s also been a professional footballer for over 15 years as well as being the current Chairman of the PFA. He began coaching the first team here before LBS did, and he’s also been captain of several clubs, which is very much relevant in terms of experience.

He also doesn’t stop at the Burger King drive-thru at Cowley on his way to coach a professional football team before a game, which is a huge plus point for me.
You’ve definitely seen him in said Burger King then 😂.. tbf I’ve seen him go into KFC in Bicester before, not sure whether it trumps you or not? 😂🤷‍♂️

Looks like its nearly over the line....:cry:
Sad day for the club
Interesting
Reading the Portsmouth forum the view of many supporters is how low they have sunk to get Mous as manager.
Maybe you should go and tell them how fantastic Mous is?
I think it is a great opportunity for Mous. I really hope that he does well, but he has a really tough gig there

John Mousinho holds the highest coaching badge it is possible to obtain. He has a full UEFA Pro Licence. He’s also been a professional footballer for over 15 years as well as being the current Chairman of the PFA. He began coaching the first team here before LBS did, and he’s also been captain of several clubs, which is very much relevant in terms of experience.

He also doesn’t stop at the Burger King drive-thru at Cowley on his way to coach a professional football team before a game, which is a huge plus point for me.
Lol, who's been spotted at BK? KR? :ROFLMAO:

Odd indeed.

Mous is that girl at school who fancied you, but (despite flirting back a bit) you never intended going out with.

Out of nowhere she gets with one of your worst enemies - and you're weirdly jealous - even though deep down you still don't really fancy her. You just liked having the option...

You move on. There's plenty more fish in the sea - and you're a good catch yourself now. Quite a few girls would jump at the chance.

So why oh why are you still getting off with the dinner lady?
Post of the year so far. Brilliant.

I believe Mous would have liked the chance here
You have to ask why else he would still be here if he didn’t? Clearly loves the club and a bright, bright chap. Doesn’t necessarily translate to being a good coach but you have to start somewhere. I think he would be a super man manager and could sell the future of the club better than anybody coming in from the outside. My only concern would be loyalties to certain players he played with, but then again maybe they’d find their best form playing for Mous?

Would be a massive shame if he were to walk away from the project here and a huge dent in my confidence in the decision makers at the club if he’s allowed to walk.

Would be a massive shame if he were to walk away from the project here and a huge dent in my confidence in the decision makers at the club if he’s allowed to walk.

My question is how would the club stop him from leaving? He wants a management opportunity and will not get a bigger opportunity than Portsmouth, unless of course he was to be made manager here - and we currently haven't got a vacancy.

My question is how would the club stop him from leaving? He wants a management opportunity and will not get a bigger opportunity than Portsmouth, unless of course he was to be made manager here - and we currently haven't got a vacancy.
Unfortunately.

Were you queued up behind ?

In all fairness, if Robinson had left and Mous had taken over, there would be a complete meltdown and screams of lack of ambition.
Untrue. Lots of people wanted Robinson gone and for Mousinho to be interim manager while a proper recruitment process was carried out back in October, during which time he would be able to throw his hat into the ring while being judged on how well he was or wasn’t doing. We have now lost that option and it’s a problem. The reserve chute is gone.

Mousinho has been given a job after winning out in a thorough recruitment campaign. He hasn’t been handed anything on a plate like you’re suggesting would have been the case here. Which it patently wouldn’t. He was merely our best shot at being able to hit reset.

We probably asked the same question about Brannagan, though, we found a way... Mous is an intelligent bloke. I suspect some sort of clear, concise communication about the direction of travel and what his future holds might've gone some way. For all I know, they moved mountains and his mind was made up. I don't think Pompey is an irresistible prospect but compared to his current club where the wheels appear to be falling off, he probably felt more compelled to jump ship than if there was some clear momentum. I'm purely speculating, but I could really do with hearing from the board as to why the leavers toll continues to rise while incomings are non existent on the pitch or off.

Were you queued up behind ?
Oo er.

No, but I know someone who was in there when it happened. I’m desperate to know what his order was. Onion rings on the side? Full fat Coke? These are important questions.

Untrue. Lots of people wanted Robinson gone and for Mousinho to be interim manager while a proper recruitment process was carried out back in October, during which time he would be able to throw his hat into the ring while being judged on how well he was or wasn’t doing. We have now lost that option and it’s a problem. The reserve chute is gone.

Mousinho has been given a job after winning out in a thorough recruitment campaign. He hasn’t been handed anything on a plate like you’re suggesting would have been the case here. Which it patently wouldn’t. He was merely our best shot at being able to hit reset.
I'm not suggesting anything, what I am saying is that without question, the majority of supporters would of been underwhelmed if Mous was immediately made coach if Robinson left, no caretaker roll, no interim roll, but a full time managerial appointment which he now been given at Portsmouth.

Back
Top Bottom