Matches Oxford v Pompey 10k+

Probably 60`s as he was a little older than me.

Funnily enough David Rush was reminiscing on the Dew Drop being his first & favourite pub in Oxford the other day.
Guessing he must have been living in Summertown or up that way.
Yeah Brendan would if been
60ish same age as me.
He lived in cutleslowe.
Think he might of been a leyser originally

Shame it's an auction and not a raffle - I think you'd get more money if you raffled it off for say £5 a ticket (set a reserve on it of £200, you only need to sell 41 tickets to go past that)
Good idea. I wasn’t at that game but would buy a raffle ticket as I’m sure many others would. I wouldn’t bother bidding though.

Good idea. I wasn’t at that game but would buy a raffle ticket as I’m sure many others would. I wouldn’t bother bidding though.
Yes - I’m not going to pay £500 for a tatty old football but would have loved to be in with a chance to win it for a fiver.

@OUSP Secretary - it’s too late for this one but perhaps the club could look at an online raffle for the next bit of memorabilia and it would be interesting to see which method raises the most.

More good sales over the last 24 hours.

We're now at exactly 7,700, 100 ahead of Sheff Wed and 300 ahead of Morecambe, at the same stage. So we're definitely heading for a crowd well in excess of 10,000.

From this point on we normally do an absolute minimum of 700 sales, and for Morecambe and Sheff Wed we did over 1,000. I think we're heading for a total crowd of 10,500.

Morning Colin

Just did a count myself and yes very good sales yesterday again as you say

At 9.15am Friday, there were 1,859 seats still available taking total home sales to an estimated 7,747 (correct me if this calculation is wrong Colin!).

Add in we think 1,774 from Pompey, and we are at a current estimated total of 9,521.

The current breakdown of remaining seats is:

South Stand Lower - 601
Block 1 - 189, 2- 176, 3 - 15, 4 - 10, 5 - 0, 6 - 9, 7 - 25, 8 - 177

South Stand Upper - 372
Block 9 - 191, 10 - 7, 11 - 9, 12 - 1, 13 - 3, 14 - 11, 15 - 150

East Stand - 335
Block 16 - 74 17 - 63, 18 - 6, 19 - 14, 20 - 40, 21 - 138

North Stand - 551
Block 22 - 200, 23 - 84, 24 - 126, 25 - 141

Last edited:
Morning Colin

At 9.15am Friday, there were 1,859 seats still taking total home sales to an estimated 7,747 (correct me if this calculation is wrong Colin!).

Add in we think 1,774 from Pompey, and we are at a current estimated total of 9,521.

South Stand Lower - 601

South Stand Upper - 372

East Stand - 335

North Stand - 551

What Is the maximum number of supporters the ground can hold? Obviously it's quoted as 12500 capacity but with segregation and seats not used like the ones in front of the disabled area in the North stand it obvious isn't that.

Morning Colin

At 9.15am Friday, there were 1,859 seats still taking total home sales to an estimated 7,747 (correct me if this calculation is wrong Colin!).

South Stand Lower - 601

South Stand Upper - 372

East Stand - 335

North Stand - 551
Thanks Jason,

My check was from about 11:30pm last night, just before going to bed, so yours will be correct and means another 50 sold overnight! Will you be doing one this afternoon again? I'll do one this evening and post later tonight.

In answer to the question above about current capacity, it would be just over 11,300 with current segregation and blanked off areas, which in my opinion, is a criminal waste of seats and a further illustration of the inadequacies of the stadium, and stadium ownership. It's possible to reduce the segregation and add in another 300/400 seats (TVP would have to agree) but getting 12,000 into a 12,500 capacity stadium seems beyond us with the current set up. We have some ludicrous restrictions that we have to work within, such as having a terrific viewing area for disabled fans, at the top of the SSU, which we are now unable to use due to "issues" with the lift getting them there. This means disabled fans now have to watch from inferior positions while that area sits empty. And don't get me started on the stupidity of the North Stand concourse and segregation no man's land!!!

In answer to the question above about current capacity, it would be just over 11,300 with current segregation and blanked off areas, which in my opinion, is a criminal waste of seats and a further illustration of the inadequacies of the stadium, and stadium ownership. It's possible to reduce the segregation and add in another 300/400 seats (TVP would have to agree) but getting 12,000 into a 12,500 capacity stadium seems beyond us with the current set up. We have some ludicrous restrictions that we have to work within, such as having a terrific viewing area for disabled fans, at the top of the SSU, which we are now unable to use due to "issues" with the lift getting them there. This means disabled fans now have to watch from inferior positions while that area sits empty. And don't get me started on the stupidity of the North Stand concourse and segregation no man's land!!!

11817 was in attendance for our game against man City in 2019. So I'm guessing that's the max with limited segregation. It's shocking the design of our stadium. Let's build the new stadium so it is capable of holding 18k all of the time.

It would be good before we eventually depart the KasStad to have an attendance over 12,243 to relegate (key word) the Leyton Orient game from the top of our attendances there. I don't know how it could occur barring giving a set of away fans the entire North Stand again or increasing the overall capacity with a temporary stand (maybe a consideration if we get promoted and we ask Mr Kassam nicely ...).

It saddens me that our highest attendance was for one of the lowest moments in our history.

It would be good before we eventually depart the KasStad to have an attendance over 12,243 to relegate (key word) the Leyton Orient game from the top of our attendances there. I don't know how it could occur barring giving a set of away fans the entire North Stand again or increasing the overall capacity with a temporary stand (maybe a consideration if we get promoted and we ask Mr Kassam nicely ...).

It saddens me that our highest attendance was for one of the lowest moments in our history.

Give the away fans the east stand and us the whole of the North stand would be the only way. Could only do that in a cup game though against a big Premier league club.

Give the away fans the east stand and us the whole of the North stand would be the only way. Could only do that in a cup game though against a big Premier league club.
Wasn't the east stand supposed to be the away end anyway before they forgot to build the west stand lol

Wasn't the east stand supposed to be the away end anyway before they forgot to build the west stand lol

I thought the away fans were always going to be in the North stand. West stand was due to house the club shop under it and east stand a supporters bar at the back. Would of been a good stadium if it was finished.

I thought the away fans were always going to be in the North stand. West stand was due to house the club shop under it and east stand a supporters bar at the back. Would of been a good stadium if it was finished.
Maybe I dreamt this but wasn't the north stand designed so if we wanted to expand the stadium it could be two tiers like the south stand and the west stand could have maybe been two tiers so in the end could of maybe looked abit like the valley with away fans in the east stand as I say i.might have dreamt that after one to many sherbets 😄

Would it? It's a reactionary design to the Taylor report in needing emergency service access around the edge of the pitch. Even with a fourth stand and filled in corners, it would be a pretty bland stadium. Concrete concourses, too much distance between pitch and stands, parking free but a nightmare to escape, poor public transport and so on. If it was a worthwhile stadium, an owner would look to buy it. Since a new start elsewhere would bring with it benefits to us, the investors and the wider county, the Kassam Stadium has it's days numbered.

Sorry, my lament earlier has derailed the thread. Over to you, dot counters ...

Would it? It's a reactionary design to the Taylor report in needing emergency service access around the edge of the pitch. Even with a fourth stand and filled in corners, it would be a pretty bland stadium. Concrete concourses, too much distance between pitch and stands, parking free but a nightmare to escape, poor public transport and so on. If it was a worthwhile stadium, an owner would look to buy it. Since a new start elsewhere would bring with it benefits to us, the investors and the wider county, the Kassam Stadium has it's days numbered.

Sorry, my lament earlier has derailed the thread. Over to you, dot counters ...

Well it would of been a big step up from the Manor and was designed in the 90s. Let's hope the new stadium is designed correctly this time and is finished to the plans.

Thanks Jason,

My check was from about 11:30pm last night, just before going to bed, so yours will be correct and means another 50 sold overnight! Will you be doing one this afternoon again? I'll do one this evening and post later tonight.

Colin
Hypothetically if we get promoted in the next two seasons, we will attract bigger home crowds in most games

Have the club thought about a temporary stand at the fence end for the whole season. I know this was discussed for some of our big cup games and the Swindon fixtures but never came to fruition
When you look at what they have at Gillingham I’m sure we could do better and house up to 2000 away fans
I assume OGB would want more rent if this was the case although we would provide the stands at our own expense
Any thoughts

Colin
Hypothetically if we get promoted in the next two seasons, we will attract bigger home crowds in most games

Have the club thought about a temporary stand at the fence end for the whole season. I know this was discussed for some of our big cup games and the Swindon fixtures but never came to fruition
When you look at what they have at Gillingham I’m sure we could do better and house up to 2000 away fans
I assume OGB would want more rent if this was the case although we would provide the stands at our own expense
Any thoughts
Ka$$am has had enough of our money. We need/must get away from him. Builing a new stand would cost the club in building costs and rent voor Ka$$am. Then in 2026 how do we transfer OUR stand to any new location?

Back
Top Bottom