Pavon Singha

Maybe an answer to the question would be helpful? Member or not a member - no need to so precious
There have been many answers to the question, and you only need to look a few posts up to see @Dave T summaries the position. It is easy for people to snipe at OxVox but impossible it seems to actually see what is being done.

Yes - I’m fully aware of that. Just sick of this non member/member crap

Yes I rather think our Thai businessmen will consider this, as they have already said, a “business”.

Why give your plans away and add to the sense of disappointment when it doesn’t necessarily happen or is delayed?

I of course would love to know, like others, all of the details of the club but I think they’ll just get on with things.

At least we can clearly see evidence so far of them actually walking the walk. For example:

Under-23s

SD added to the coaching set-up

January signings of Brannigan and Dickie and a good loan signing in Kane.

Puma deal and well designed kit.

Strong sponsorship signing.

New investment with big money potential.

Recognising our history with 125th celebrations.

Consideration of Safe Standing.

Karl Robinson - an inspired choice and in no way a ridiculous vanity signing for manager.

It could all go tits up but at the moment there’s a lot of good stuff going on. Let’s wait for the signings, shall we?

This post will no doubt be attacked as negative but I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

Under-23s: just re-activating a previous DE policy (the Development Squad as it was then)?

SD: positive move.

Transfers in/out: good players in as mentioned plus retained Eastwood. But have lost Ledson.

Puma & Singha deals: no evidence that these are commercially better/worse. Kit at least looks "nice".

KR: great appointment. Was he the original first choice or was it a Hollywood name which we failed to land? In fairness, irrelevant now.

Potential investments: just that, potential.

All others: business as usual at any vaguely competently run club.

Also Training Ground: wasn't this already being built regardless? Not sure about Tiger's input here. But a step up on the previous site but no idea about any additional financial costs.

Again, not slamming the Tiger. For me, the proof in the pudding will be the state of our playing roster when the transfer window slams shut.

Maybe an answer to the question would be helpful? Member or not a member - no need to so precious

There's nothing "precious" about my reply. Believe me, if I was precious I'd be replying to every other post on here from certain people. But, I find this particular poster, and his constant snipes at OxVox, to be hypocritical, due to his non-membership, and that's the point I was making.

In regards to Tiger's stewardship, I think we can all agree we're certainly much happier with him now than we were after his first press conference!

Yes - I’m fully aware of that. Just sick of this non member/member crap

Surely if people reference OxVox then it is not unreasonable to ask about membership. This thread has very little to do with OxVox and it is ironic that the only ones mentioning them appear not to be members. Strange.

This post will no doubt be attacked as negative but I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

Under-23s: just re-activating a previous DE policy (the Development Squad as it was then)?

SD: positive move.

Transfers in/out: good players in as mentioned plus retained Eastwood. But have lost Ledson.

Puma & Singha deals: no evidence that these are commercially better/worse. Kit at least looks "nice".

KR: great appointment. Was he the original first choice or was it a Hollywood name which we failed to land? In fairness, irrelevant now.

Potential investments: just that, potential.

All others: business as usual at any vaguely competently run club.

Also Training Ground: wasn't this already being built regardless? Not sure about Tiger's input here. But a step up on the previous site but no idea about any additional financial costs.

Again, not slamming the Tiger. For me, the proof in the pudding will be the state of our playing roster when the transfer window slams shut.
I have concerns about Tiger. Some don't care but personally I would LOVE him to give us some kind of strategy (does he plan to get out after 2 years/ 5 years/ as soon as we get to the Championship, does he care less about the Ground etc etc).

But... I reckon that action wise he has done well so far. So..

Puma & Singha deals: no evidence that these are commercially better/worse- . Substantial six figure sum has been quoted. You would suppose that it is likely to be a far better commercial deal (and Liontrust are staying on as sponsors?)
Training Ground- it had been planned but no the club had NOT committed to paying/ playing there. Tiger was left to sign on this.
U23's - It appears that we are going to make this far more seriously. More U23 players than simply the Youth team players and the fringe first team players.
KR- as you rightly suggest I reckon that this was a very good appointment. Who cares one jot whether he was first choice?

Surely if people reference OxVox then it is not unreasonable to ask about membership. This thread has very little to do with OxVox and it is ironic that the only ones mentioning them appear not to be members. Strange.

I’m a member - not sure what you are getting at.

I’m a member - not sure what you are getting at.

Likewise I'm afraid. You have yourself acknowledged that there have been answers given regarding Tiger's plans as Hawkie was first questioning. These have been repeated numerous times and most recently by OxVox committee member @Dave T. @Colin B responded to the criticism aimed at OxVox by questioning if Hawkie was a member or not.

So far, I see nothing to twist my pants about! But for some reason, you jump in with "all this membership crap".

Therefore, I equally have no idea what you're getting at!

Likewise I'm afraid. You have yourself acknowledged that there have been answers given regarding Tiger's plans as Hawkie was first questioning. These have been repeated numerous times and most recently by OxVox committee member @Dave T. @Colin B responded to the criticism aimed at OxVox by questioning if Hawkie was a member or not.

So far, I see nothing to twist my pants about! But for some reason, you jump in with "all this membership crap".

Therefore, I equally have no idea what you're getting at!

All I said was getting sick of are you member or not crap. It’s happened on here for ages. Irrelevant of the poster it’s the inference that if your not a member then tough.

A more conciliatory response might help increase membership. Numbers mean influence, at the moment the more we can get the better.

I think it’s good that fans have conerns and that the trust are asking, but when very little concrete information coming out, people will carry on asking

All I said was getting sick of are you member or not crap. It’s happened on here for ages. Irrelevant of the poster it’s the inference that if your not a member then tough.

A more conciliatory response might help increase membership. Numbers mean influence, at the moment the more we can get the better.

I think it’s good that fans have conerns and that the trust are asking, but when very little concrete information coming out, people will carry on asking

Where did I say "if you're not a member, then tough?"

What I said was that why doesn't he join and try to affect change from within. Why is that crap?

As for conciliation, do you know what, the person I responded to has no interest in conciliation. He is a one trick pony who only posts to have a pop at either the club and/or OxVox, and yet still I posted as I did.

I read lots I don't agree with on here, lots of untruths and unfounded, ill informed criticism, and 99 out of 100 times I let it go and bite my metaphoric tongue. But every now and then I'll respond. Usually it's in a measured way, and I'll read and re-read my post before pressing send, as I did this time. And guess what, within two or three posts someone calls it crap!!!

What I said was that why doesn't he join and try to affect change from within. Why is that crap?

As for conciliation, do you know what, the person I responded to has no interest in conciliation. He is a one trick pony who only posts to have a pop at either the club and/or OxVox, and yet still I posted as I did.

I read lots I don't agree with on here, lots of untruths and unfounded, ill informed criticism, and 99 out of 100 times I let it go and bite my metaphoric tongue. But every now and then I'll respond. Usually it's in a measured way, and I'll read and re-read my post before pressing send, as I did this time. And guess what, within two or three posts someone calls it crap!!!

Never called your post crap Colin - stop twisting and spining. All I said that historically there have been lots of posts about the member non member argument.

Never called your post crap Colin - stop twisting and spining. All I said that historically there have been lots of posts about the member non member argument.

It is a valid argument though isn’t it? While every Oufc fan is an equal and everyone has a right to ask questions of the club, ultimately OxVox is an independent supporters trust that works for and on behalf of its membership. Personally as in another thread I’m happy to pass on and ask any questions put forward by members. But we do work for our members not for yellows forum. If ur not a member and want to ask questions and get involved then sign up, the more members we have the more affect we can have and the wider view point we can pass onto the club. It’s not that expensive. There have also been and are currently plenty of OxVox projects that benefit the entire fan base.

In immediate reply to my post you called me precious. Two posts later you referred to member/non-member crap. Your last post refers to me twisting and spinning.

Am I misinterpreting something?

Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument that lasts all night, as there's too much good football on TV, so I'll put it down to either a poor choice of words on your part, or poor interpretation on mine.

Hmmm. This old chestnut again. Personal opinion: I would take a hard line on disseminating information to the wider fan base. Being a member of OxVox costs f**k all. Anyone can afford £10 for three years. If you want information first, join. If you can't be bothered joining get the information a week (or whatever) later.

More members = stronger OxVox = more clout with and respect from management and ownership. Help the club, join OxVox. If you make a decision not to join, don't bleat about not getting information immediately.

Ah, the voice of reason speaks!

Your point is spot on Pete. As an aside did you know that existing members can "upgrade" to Life Membership for only £25? In your case, as a senior (60+) it is only £15. We have discussed ways of adding value to both membership and particularly Life Membership at the last meeting (minutes out in the next couple of days), so what's not to like?!?!

Back
Top Bottom