General Players to release

Please tell me what has wildshut or Murphy done to deserve to stay? Murphy one good game against Cheltenham
Paying off Murphy would cost over £350,000. Rather we give players a chance whilst they are on our payroll rather than make knee-jerk moves that could obliterate our finances. Rebuilding the squad and offloading current players will probably take a good two years minimum. It's bad enough that we paid KR off even with several grounds prior of him bringing the club into disrepute.

I’d keep Murphy as he has shown strong signs of doing well under the new regime.
Yanic hasn’t impressed me at all, only in glimpses.
I’m sure Taylor won’t be back, nor Stevens
Need two strikers and a goalie

I’d keep Murphy as he has shown strong signs of doing well under the new regime.
Yanic hasn’t impressed me at all, only in glimpses.
I’m sure Taylor won’t be back, nor Stevens
Need two strikers and a goalie
Stevens is under contract so will be back but I'd still rather we improved there anyway. If Murphy were out of contract I would only be offering him another under very reduced terms, you say he's shown strong signs of improvement but for more than the first half of Manning's reign he was still poor ending in him getting subbed at half time and then dropped from the squad completely.

I'm not necessarily disappointed that he'll be here next year but I think some people are getting pretty carried away based on a good game against Cheltenham and a couple of decent performances around it. We could get a couple of very solid players for what we're paying him, he won't get it elsewhere and there's no chance we're going to pay over £300k to write it off, and nor should we. Fingers crossed he comes back after the summer on it and ready to perform like one of the best players in the league.

We don't have any choice but to keep Murphy, no other sane club will pay him the wages we are and ditto with Yanic.

You can thank Karl for that.

In a dream scenario I would move on:
Seddon
One of our GKs for a new number one, maybe both (doubt many of our fans agree)
Yanic
Baldock
Findlay
Djavan Anderson
Jodi Jones
Ben Davis

Serious question marks over these players in terms of how many minutes we will get out of them/ if age is now a problem?
Gorrin
Henry
Bodin
Matty T

Cheers, Karl.

We don't have any choice but to keep Murphy, no other sane club will pay him the wages we are and ditto with Yanic.

Seddon
Yanic
Baldock
Findlay
Djavan Anderson
Jodi Jones
Ben Davis

Serious question marks over these players in terms of how many minutes we will get out of them/ if age is now a problem?
Gorrin
Henry
Bodin
Matty T

Cheers, Karl.
Anderson? Really??? He was quality against Arsenal and I for one was gutted when he got injured.

I think that Yanic will go. It might cost us 100k or so but I think another club may well offer him a year on half what we’re paying him (circa 4k per week). In that scenario I can see us making up the difference to get it done.

He was the only outfield sub to not get a single minute across the last two games, which I think makes it pretty clear where he is in terms of Manning’s plans.

Seddon
Yanic
Baldock
Findlay
Djavan Anderson
Jodi Jones
Ben Davis

Gorrin
Henry
Bodin
Matty T

Cheers, Karl.

Gorrin and Taylor are out of contract.

Seddon
Yanic
Baldock
Findlay
Djavan Anderson
Jodi Jones
Ben Davis

Gorrin
Henry
Bodin
Matty T

Cheers, Karl.
Gorrin and Taylor are ooc so no problem?

Anderson? Really??? He was quality against Arsenal and I for one was gutted when he got injured.
To be fair, Djavan depends on the system that Liam M wants to play. I think in a back 5, he might work. If he wants to play a back four I can't see it working, unless we play him as a winger.

Back
Top Bottom