Matches Plymouth Away - Sell Out?

Stockport County chose to fly to their National League match at Eastleigh, partly because the club said it was "significantly cheaper than rail travel".

Reported on the Beeb.

Sorry Greta.

Yeah leave it out Jeremy Corbyn ...

Srsly this is true, my wife was looking at Edinburgh and it was over a hundred quid even with a railcard.

If we get into the Championship it will make planning away games harder (more expensive) when advance train tickets go on sale before match days and kickoffs are finalised.

Great British Railways coming to a station near you soon let's see how that works out

We should make it cheaper by building a line which would allow trains to get from London to Birmingham 36 seconds faster.
The thing is, for my wife’s trip to Edinburgh the train was still cheaper and easier than the plane unless she wanted to take off at 7 am, and she’s not going to drive all that way. So in purely commercial terms it was priced correctly. But we have the idea that public transport should be more of a service or utility

Anybody looked into split ticket option for rail travel yet? Thinking of going via train from Didcot.

Got a mate 3 tickets at around £46 each. Same day return. Leaving from Didcot around half 8.

Over 50% of current fares are regulated by the government and they decide how much they will increase rather than the Train Operating Companies. Having nationalisation doesn't change anything in terms of pricing until the infrastructure is up to scratch.

All TOCs are currently effectively run by the government under a recovery measures agreement and have been since covid first came round.

As for the future, there is a step change happening over time with franchises ending and national rail contracts being awarded instead.

And of course GBR becomes a thing though seemingly is just going to be run by various people who have been around on the railway for years but under one umbrella rather than multiple.

Stop confusing me.
I'm not left-wing in terms of believing in identity politics, gender politics, and uncontrolled immigration, and I generally agree competition breeds efficiency (complex topic) but I'm not the right-wing monster you may imagine me to be.

The rail companies are mini-monopolies, there is no real competition. They want to encourage people to lower emissions but give us no incentive to go via rail due to the LUDICROUS rail fares (for a bad service too). Its criminal. Something needs to change because all of us deserve better, it would cost me about £95 to go to Plymouth and back to London, plus a match-ticket and food etc it's £150 odd, I just can't justify it despite really wanting to go. If I lived in Oxford I'd consider a coach down there.

I reckon we will sell out anyway, COYY.

Back
Top Bottom