Matches Plymouth Away - Sell Out?

Jut checked and Plymouth doesn't seem to be as bad!

Anyone going via train, avoid going via Bristol. Stick to the direct train via reading. Likely to delayed with a bus from Bristol.
Really?

I’d appreciate a link to where you got this info from as I can’t find mention of it on National Rail’s site/journey planner.

Really?

I’d appreciate a link to where you got this info from as I can’t find mention of it on National Rail’s site/journey planner.

Cross country services have been effected on weekends for a while now across the country.

Missing slots out at very short notice (overnight) then mentioning busses which may or may not happen.

I’d Ox or Didcot, go to reading then change. If Bristol or the SW. go to Exeter SD and connect.

And bright sunshine in Torquay at the mo. 5 above 0. No reason to think it’s any different in Plymouth !!

Cross country services have been effected on weekends for a while now across the country.

Missing slots out at very short notice (overnight) then mentioning busses which may or may not happen.

I’d Ox or Didcot, go to reading then change. If Bristol or the SW. go to Exeter SD and connect.
Coming from Cheltenham, that would not be ideal.

The closest 'away' pub, The Brittania, doesn't sound too welcoming in the above ^^ (2nd) guide- queue to get in & 'sing songs and you'll be ejected!' -
Hyde Park Social Club and The Cherry Tree sound a bit more welcoming ?

@Paul B may know of others in the vicinity?
I've been to the Britannia before, busy and didn't really mind away fans mingling in there.
Hyde Park Social club OK too. I think you have to sign is as a guest? cheap pre-match grub too.
I remember one year I went and they had an EPL game on before ours, and there was one guy in his Man United shirt, cheering them on. At the final whistle he took the top off to reveal an Oxford United top underneath!

Plymouth have done their bit. Home areas for Saturday are sold out.

Time for our lot to snap up the last 130 tickets…

I'm surprised by Plymouth fans saying we don't travel well. Is that really the case? I think our away support has been great this season.

I'm surprised by Plymouth fans saying we don't travel well. Is that really the case? I think our away support has been great this season.

I would say it’s been great on occasions:

Sheff Weds
Charlton (although you’d expect 2k+to travel anyway)
Pompey
Cambridge
Shrews was ok
MK was decent
Ipswich
Cheltenham - tiny allocation
QPR
Wimbledon - tiny allocation
Wigan on a Tuesday was a good turn out

On the flip side, I thought the following were poor efforts:

Bolton
Burton
Rovers in the cup
Sunderland
Gillingham
Accrington

Gillingham in August/September or late April ok but its horrible on that uncovered terrace at other times of the year

Sunderland Accrington and Bolton poor but they are some distance and Accy on Tuesday, Bolton was mid August and holidays may have played some part, Sunderland was first of 3 consecutive away games and perhaps MK was the better option

Burton was the really poor one and not sure people were too bothered about the cup game

I would say it’s been great on occasions:

Sheff Weds
Charlton (although you’d expect 2k+to travel anyway)
Pompey
Cambridge
Shrews was ok
MK was decent
Ipswich
Cheltenham - tiny allocation
QPR
Wimbledon - tiny allocation
Wigan on a Tuesday was a good turn out

On the flip side, I thought the following were poor efforts:

Bolton
Burton
Rovers in the cup
Sunderland
Gillingham
Accrington

I can't think of any league 1 clubs with similar average home attendances that travel any better than us. Sunderland, Pompey, Wigan, Bolton, Rotherham, Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton all have bigger away followings than us but also have bigger home fans.

Maybe we should compare us to Mk to see if our away numbers are that bad?

I can't think of any league 1 clubs with similar average home attendances that travel any better than us. Sunderland, Pompey, Wigan, Bolton, Rotherham, Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton all have bigger away followings than us but also have bigger home fans.

Maybe we should compare us to Mk to see if our away numbers are that bad?

That is possibly the worst example I’ve ever heard in my life. Ever.

That is possibly the worst example I’ve ever heard in my life. Ever.
As well as being a bad example purely because it’s MK Dons. Let’s also not forget MK would sell you 8000 away tickets if you could sell them. So their average home attendance gets massively boosted by that against the bigger clubs!

Back
Top Bottom